• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse EOL announcement - Alternatives to Adobe Muse?

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

For those of you that haven't received the email around the Adobe Muse EOL, see the FAQ Product Announcement that tries to answer some the common questions around the announcement including the reasons behind the decision.

Before we proceed with discussing alternatives, the Muse application will continue to open on your computer. You will be able to continue to edit existing or create new websites with the application. Adobe Muse will continue to be supported until May 20, 2019 and will deliver compatibility updates with the Mac and Windows OS or fix any bugs that might crop up when publishing Muse sites to the web. However, it is quite possible that web standards and browsers will continue to change after Adobe stops support for the application.

While there is no 1:1 replacement for Adobe Muse at this stage, the FAQ link above provides some alternatives. Also, Adobe is making our own investment in DIY website creation and welcomes all Muse customers to join our upcoming pre-release program for a new format that will be introduced this year as part of Adobe Spark. Build a beautiful website—in minutes | Adobe Spark

That being said, I would like to open up this discussion for discussing other solutions and migration paths. It would be ideal if we could focus our efforts on the topic at hand.

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 2432 Replies 2432
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need in browser editing for my clients, anyone know of a wysiwyg with this capability?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

following. I need that too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a fairly simple question. I'm a business owner (photography) and I just spent the last two years figuring our Muse so that I could design my own website that would do everything I needed it to do and not cost me $50 a month. I BARELY understand how Muse works, and now I have a year until I can no longer update my site. So in that year, I have to find another place to host my site. I also need to design a brand new site  on a brand new platform using brand new software (because how the heck can I keep my site as is? I need to update it weekly at least with new customer's photos and if I can't do that via BC, how do I do it?) I need a multi level, multi page site that has the ability to have private pages, a complex shopping cart, cool slideshows that don't bog down; I need widgets that are easy to use and easy for a non coder to figure out. I NEED something better than Wordpress.

So here's my question - Do you realize how much time and money you are costing me, not to mention the website designers who create hundreds of sites just like mine? If so why on earth is there not a clear path for us going forward? What am I supposed to do now? I get that tech changes and software changes even faster, but this sucks, and Adobe should be ashamed of how it has handled this. Bad form. Very bad form. And if you don't understand the meaning of that, just imagine your grandmother shaking her finger at you and looking at you with a mixture of disappointment and disgust.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iahpmom, I agree this sucks. My recommendation for the solution that would best suit your needs is something like Smugmug (built for photographers) or Squarespace. It might cost more than $50/mo, but it's a business expense that's well worth it. Best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is, will Adobe give us a way to convert our Muse Web files into Dreamweaver? Like they did with GoLiveCS? Of course that's assuming they're not killing Dreamweaver too. And if not Dreamweaver, what about converting our Muse Web files into Spark, or is that going to be a complete start from scratch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jeff+Reedy  wrote

My question is, will Adobe give us a way to convert our Muse Web files into Dreamweaver? Like they did with GoLiveCS? Of course that's assuming they're not killing Dreamweaver too. And if not Dreamweaver, what about converting our Muse Web files into Spark, or is that going to be a complete start from scratch?

There's really nothing to convert. DW works directly with html, css, js, etc there's no such thing as a "Dreamweaver Site" or "Dreamweaver Code".

Once you export your Muse site to HTML, you would then bring those html files into DW to continue working on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I did that already but you loose all your links, masterpages, etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive tried this and it doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, see my reply to rogers above.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man that is some bad news. I read every post so far on this thread before replying here.

I remener  in the early 90s coding my first website in Notepad! Did that for years until I got GoLive. Tried Dreamweaver but for some reason just didn’t like it. In 2016 I decided to learn Muse so I could get modern in my personal site. What an amazing wysiwyg editor! Just a few months ago I subscribed to Musethemes and have bought from Muse resources things to get my site even nicer.

I have 2 other photographer friends who have also developed sites in Muse and love it’s simplicity over Dreamweaver.

I feel so bad for everyone on here who uses this for clients and actually runs a business using this program. What a nightmare for sure.

This does make me question about keeping my CC subscriptions. ive seen several programs mentioned here and will be looking at them to see if it fits my needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is terrible, terrible news.  Please either reconsider OR give us a reasonable alternative!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran, when I think of you right now, I think of a country loving soldier, who blindly follows his leaders. But your leaders are our enemy right now. And don't forget what happened to Quark. Preran, you could lose your job as well one day. So follow your heart, not your paying bosses. If you had a business like we designers had with Muse, I guess you would find yourself very silly being a country loving soldier. Don't defend Adobe because it's your boss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When one has downloaded the last release. Is it OK to immediately cancel the CC Adobe Muse subscription and still use the App

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watch this from musegrid.com : Goodbye, Muse

Not the complete new solution as webflow has been mentioned.

Just watch and make your decisions as you desire.

Take your towel and don´t panic!

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely Webflow looks like the way forward

Even Musegain are recommending it

I think out of principal I will just cancel by Adobe CC subscriptions and use alternative software like final cut for editing videos and Affinity for photos etc - It is only when there is a united action then our voices will be heard - It is amazing how Adobe has just left one individual from the team to respond to all these queries. I would definitely like to be part of any class action lawsuit over this - Adobe has really been reckless in their announcement - moreover the solutions they present are quite laughable.

https://eclipse.tools/adobe-announcement/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the 15 page report that the guys from Muse Grid compiled regarding possible alternatives for Muse. Interesting results and they are clearly favouring Webflow. The fact that it is well funded is a good sign as a lot of the alternatives may not last long either.

There will clearly be a battle now from these companies for the Muse users who will be searching for another option but not all of them will survive, so having the MuseGrid research before making decisions is worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

muse themes has a much better solution than muse grid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, where did you find this pages?

I just watched muse grid but didn't find…

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, on the page with the video there was a green button to download the report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great and HELPFUL response!!! Yes I watched the video and downloaded the "What Now" document.

I am new to Muse, but I have been coding in DreamWeaver for years. Muse met a specific need that DreamWeaver didn't offer.

MuseGrid took the time to thoughtfully research alternatives and chose a replacement for their own company and offer a solution for Muse folks left behind by Abobe. Watch it, feel better.

Here: Goodbye, Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check out musethemes.com. i think they might have a great new product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADusa, is it just templates or will you be able to have a part in the design?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's their #1 recommendation? Are they charging for their research?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines