• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse EOL announcement - Alternatives to Adobe Muse?

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

For those of you that haven't received the email around the Adobe Muse EOL, see the FAQ Product Announcement that tries to answer some the common questions around the announcement including the reasons behind the decision.

Before we proceed with discussing alternatives, the Muse application will continue to open on your computer. You will be able to continue to edit existing or create new websites with the application. Adobe Muse will continue to be supported until May 20, 2019 and will deliver compatibility updates with the Mac and Windows OS or fix any bugs that might crop up when publishing Muse sites to the web. However, it is quite possible that web standards and browsers will continue to change after Adobe stops support for the application.

While there is no 1:1 replacement for Adobe Muse at this stage, the FAQ link above provides some alternatives. Also, Adobe is making our own investment in DIY website creation and welcomes all Muse customers to join our upcoming pre-release program for a new format that will be introduced this year as part of Adobe Spark. Build a beautiful website—in minutes | Adobe Spark

That being said, I would like to open up this discussion for discussing other solutions and migration paths. It would be ideal if we could focus our efforts on the topic at hand.

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 2432 Replies 2432
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think organized group to start sending them stuff might help. Sad to see this decision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now reading here, we have a list of alternatives ,

Pinegrow

Axure

Justinmind

and someone told me about divi theme for wordpress

would be nice if there is a site we can compare , prices, uproot, flexibility ,responsivmness,  expert level etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

piixy  schrieb

So now reading here, we have a list of alternatives ,

Pinegrow

Axure

Justinmind

and someone told me about divi theme for wordpress

would be nice if there is a site we can compare , prices, uproot, flexibility ,responsivmness,  expert level etc

Adobe Muse Alternatives - Google Sheets

You could add yours here too and watch out.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tkx fotoroeder! I’m an artist not developper all i can add is my sincere wishes spark would b very close to muse if not better!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

piixy  schrieb

Tkx fotoroeder! I’m an artist not developper all i can add is my sincere wishes spark would b very close to muse if not better!!

I have truly no clue about coding, believe me. That list I mentioned above is just for people like you and me. We "must" trust all these apps which kind of tell us, they do it all with a breeze in minutes

Watching for Axure, you´ll see it is for prototyping only. I recommend to stay calm, breeze in – breeze out (sign the petititon or don`t sign it – 3.500 from over 1.000.000 signed it – really?WoW), do with muse what you started already, inform clients as soon as you made decisions what to use, not before tryout which fits to your needs (price, design, CMS).

The list might help to reduce the tools to maybe 3 to 5 or less.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder  wrote

It looks like someone destroyed that list sometime between last night and this morning?

EDIT: it now seems to have ben restored with all entries

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

W_J_T  schrieb

fotoroeder   wrote

It looks like someone destroyed that list sometime between last night and this morning?

EDIT: it now seems to have ben restored with all entries

I checked it today as well. I always check right before I share a link

For all people who are so sad and not knowing if it would help anyway, watch the petititon sign and see how little it is signed.

No further comment necessary, I`m afraid.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder  wrote

I checked it today as well. I always check right before I share a link

Well in case you missed it, after you posted, someone deleted or hid more than half the entries, it has since either been restored or fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WJT, it looks like you've added a lot since the first posting. Quite helpful. Well done! Maybe they posted an older version. Unfortunately, no Muse parallel in there, but is seems some developers are working on making things a bit easier for the wysiwyg crowd. For kicks and giggles I wrote to NetZero, no answer. I also posted on their Facebook page, nothing. They're MIA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've decided to go with Blocs, it seems better than Muse and although it requires a slightly more structured approach work flow, i think in terms of productivity it's far more advanced and results in a superior user experience. I think Adobe have most probably understood that web design, image post processing sectors are areas they can't compete in. Can you trust that photoshop will be around in 5 years time! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I won't be using Photoshop in the next five years, or any other Adobe products for that matter! They are not a reliable business partner and they can not be trusted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vous n'êtes pas sérieux de comparer Adobe Muse à Adobe Spark !!! M. Preran, ça remet en cause nos abonnements d'Adobe Creative Cloud et d'avoir perdu beaucoup de temps et d'argent depuis 8 ans, vous n'êtes vraiment pas professionnel et responsable S'il existe un recours collectif, j'y j'adhèrerais tout de suite. Alors, l'équipe d'Adobe, revenez sur votre décision !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm selling Muse templates and generating a significant amount of income from it for a few years now. Currently it's part of my main source of income. With this announcement, I'm not sure how much I can sell by next month. If it's 80-90% less then I'm financially ruined. I'm not sure how many current users will stop using Muse in the coming weeks because of this announcement. It feels like a stock crash situation.

I've spent months updating my templates which due to be released soon. "Now better than ever..yay!" F&%..Now I feel stupid for wasting all that time. It would've been better if I used more of it to explore new platforms. As it is now, it would take months for me to learn and create new products for my business.

I've realized there's something wrong with Muse development in the past few months. Particularly after the terrible 2017.1 release. But I never expect them to treat their customer so harsh like this.

All those promises that Muse will be here for a long time...what a bunch of liars!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop sending out this corporate bull shit response crap give us some real answers!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you imagine how many hours and money it's going to take for companies to re-do all the websites created in Muse?

I wouldn't be surprised if a class-action lawsuit was in the works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you imagine how expensive a class action lawsuit would be too?  And how many hours (years) it would take to negotiate or litigate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mteresar  wrote

Can you imagine how many hours and money it's going to take for companies to re-do all the websites created in Muse?

I wouldn't be surprised if a class-action lawsuit was in the works.

Guess the hint...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#AdobeClassActionLawsuit​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though I am feeling the pain from all of you and I understand the attitude that all of you have against Adobe. I am in 100% agree to go after them to stop the long history of ruining good products for businesses and companies. Because if you look at it truly look at it, what would happen if adobe stopped the development of photoshop and indesign I bet so many million dollar advertisement companies would sue adobe because when they have built their entire business and company making bands and logos for other companies and businesses and now they have nothing to go on. But with MUSE, I looked at that list. Rocketcake seems very similar to MUSE. I care about is injecting my own code into it and build up my own CMS around it and tie in my CDN to it and also tie in Bootstrap into it. All we is Adobe to open-source this tool. Teach people how to build their own CMS and have to stream line code from CDNs and teach a little code then all this will be good. Because it reality MUSE is just a simple canvas style web builder which is the best way to go about things because how W3 turned HTML5 and CSS3 into a canvas style web platform that is why SVG works so wonderful in a canvas based web builder. If we have that at least the rest is easy. Just learn how to compile code to be accessed. I know many don't know but that is how the old way of web coding worked when you hand coded with XML and xHTML all you are seeing on the canvas is a visual of what is compiled and can be edited on the fly. That is why MUSE is great for that because it allowed widget developers to do this.

So all and all I am going to try Rocket Cake, there may need to learning to be done but I am fine with that. At least I can inject my own code into the damn tool lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You folks at Adobe must be smoking something if you think we will ever trust you again. Adobe seems to be chasing a customer who wants "quick, easy and fast" websites which in reality are just photo galleries. My business depends on Muse and now I must find another solution and deal with the learning curve once again. I will NEVER subscribe to an Adobe product again, bye!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I need to add a post to one of the blogs I run for a client on BC but all I get when I try to login to BC is the announcement holding page. There is no option for me to move on to login to my BC websites. Why is this? surely I can still add posts to a blog on one of the sites if it has been paid for?

I've seen other posts from people who get a error message when they try to publish to BC - what is going on?????

You've made the announcement now let us get back to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We took a big risk changing to MUSE and tolerated a few issues along the way... often having to defend and put a positive spin on some of the restrictions of fledgling widgets to clients...  promising that they would have increased customisation in the near future. 

We feel this decision, without consultation or a viable offer of migration support or a replacement product, shows a significant disregard for adobe's customer base and a win for wordpress, wix and all those other faceless "anyone can build a website" operators that suck the creative life blood out of design for web.

R.I.P. Muse and power to those creatives who now need to find new tools to punch above the mediocrity.

Bassline Designers March 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's amazing how Adobe can prfioritize things like Dimension and XD over real workable tools. Some beancounter has done his math and has come to the conclusion that Adobe would do better without Muse. Now…why is that. Is it because Muse is a bad product? I'd say no. It's an extremely agile solution that not only can wrap it self around your needs, it also allows for third-party solutions from great companies like Muse-Themes, QooQee, MuseGrids and many others. Perhaps this is why Adobe don't want to keep developing, they feel that a lot of companies get stuff developed that them self can't. This because they don't understand their customers well enough.

And that brings up the question. Who is really providing the customers with great stuff, who is really owning/exploring the platform. Adobe wants us creative people to create stuff in the same way that project managers build PowerPoints and Keynotes. Same templates over and over again. But…we just wont.

Adobe isn't our kind of people. They are not a creative company, they are technicians... They don't understand how we work and what role softwares plays in our promises to our customers. I cry for those who have a myriad of web-solutions delivered to their clients, it must be heartbreaking and revenue killing to be in that position.

Bottom line is:

- Stick to what you can trust (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects(Hopefully))

- Stay away from Adobes internship-playground shit. (Dimension*, XD, Fuse, Spark, Behance and whatever junk they think is fun)

*Seeing that Adobe thinks it's a good idea to get Dimension going is just…sad. There is a ton of real 3D-applications out there and most of them are serious contenders. Adobe will not have a chance in hell. I give it max 12 months more.

"We've got  money in the bank, we don't need to sell one single box this year"

Quark Express CEO late 1990s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just listened to the video posted about Danni Beaumont's comments about the stock.

My guess is, we can all pack up and go home, if that decision is made. It isn't about all of you who have worked so hard, it is only about the price of stock. My guess is, they will keep developing app after app and see if any of them stick, if not, out they go.

I'll be interested in watching as you peel off and decide on other apps. There are a couple of suggestions that look fair.

I'll certainly miss Muse!

Crummy company but no different from the others. It is Corporate America, that's the way it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and Adobe's stock is their weakness. I wonder if investor forums are discussing what is going on here. They should find out. I would definitely sell my adobe stock if I found out about client relationship issues on this scale. I heard many times on this forum that we should not bother to stand our grounds because what Adobe is doing is perfectly legal. Informing others who invested in Adobe stock about what is happening here is also perfectly legal. But maybe we should wait another 24 hours and see if Adobe will do what is the ethical choice. I am still hopefull!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines