• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse EOL announcement - Alternatives to Adobe Muse?

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

For those of you that haven't received the email around the Adobe Muse EOL, see the FAQ Product Announcement that tries to answer some the common questions around the announcement including the reasons behind the decision.

Before we proceed with discussing alternatives, the Muse application will continue to open on your computer. You will be able to continue to edit existing or create new websites with the application. Adobe Muse will continue to be supported until May 20, 2019 and will deliver compatibility updates with the Mac and Windows OS or fix any bugs that might crop up when publishing Muse sites to the web. However, it is quite possible that web standards and browsers will continue to change after Adobe stops support for the application.

While there is no 1:1 replacement for Adobe Muse at this stage, the FAQ link above provides some alternatives. Also, Adobe is making our own investment in DIY website creation and welcomes all Muse customers to join our upcoming pre-release program for a new format that will be introduced this year as part of Adobe Spark. Build a beautiful website—in minutes | Adobe Spark

That being said, I would like to open up this discussion for discussing other solutions and migration paths. It would be ideal if we could focus our efforts on the topic at hand.

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 2432 Replies 2432
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one question about your answer concerning the Muse code for the website creation: will the code of Muse also be updated to changing web standards until March 26, 2020? Or only for the OS?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The guidance we have is that any changes to the web environment that lead to your websites or software becoming dysfunctional or unusable will be fixed in Adobe Muse through the support period. Because creating a new build can be time-consuming and resource-intensive, it is my guess that a significant number of users will have to be affected before changes to the Muse code are made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran, If we haven't updated, would you advise to keep the last 'unbuggy' version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That decision, is completely yours. I am not sure what you mean by "unbuggy". From what I hear, there have been some issues reported with the latest update but they do have workaround solutions.

Having said that, moving forward, any bug and OS fixes will most likely be restricted to the latest update. In my opinion, if your requirements are fulfilled by your current version, you can continue using it and update when you have a compelling reason to do so.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it won't be supported by Business Catalist, will it?  Because some of the interactive features will not work in html or in html5.  This is almost as distressing as the disappearance of Adobe Digital Publishing --which made it impossible for my free app to be upgraded and hosted anywhere.  Sorry.  Just disappointed in a brand and programs I love... I'm rooting for you, but I'm not sure if you're rooting for me--as one of the small fry customers;)). Thanks for listening, Preran.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

buglegirl101  wrote

But it won't be supported by Business Catalist, will it? 

no because BC is end of life and also going in the Adobe bin along with all the other web options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spark is a social-media fluff-bucket of nothingness.  Oh, and could generate single-page websites.

Time to graduate, I suppose.  Wordpress, Dreamweaver, other...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you going mad in Adobe? After Muse's last upgrade I will cancel my CC subscription, you don't deserve my money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very disillusioning disgusting decision on Adobe's part. I agree with @HunterScotty regarding the idea of releasing the source code. As a not-for-profit, we invested what little we had to build a website (still working on it). The Adobe name meant something. Considering the number of business that rely on Muse, we considered this a relatively safe decision.

Muse is a great product with many possibilities.  Adobe sold a lot of people to depend on it. It's too bad they consider our trust expendable.

Frankly, I'm embarrassed that I have recommended Muse to so many and in the future, I will not be suggesting Adobe products. A good thing is consumers have a good memory for whom to invest our time and money in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran, you can now see you are talking to middleweights here that take this software very seriously and value it immensely. We need you to go and get one of the head honchos and provide us, Adobe's loyal brand ambassadors with some much needed clarity before we dump Adobe. We have businesses to run and wages to pay...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not taking any of the posts here lightly, and my posts here are based on discussions that I have had with the team. All the solutions that we could think of have already made their way into the FAQ page, the solutions from Adobe at least. If there are better solutions from elsewhere, I would like people to suggest them here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solutions on the FAQ are *NOT* solutions!

They are pathetic attempt to pad customers off; none of the suggestions do anything near Muse.

Preran, you and your colleagues are giving the proverbial middle-finger to customers and developers that have been with Muse, many since the beginning.

Be honest. Tell us to go to another company. Tell us Adobe are not to be trusted with developing and maintaining platforms, so don't waist time, energy and money investing in Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are free to suggest any solution you think is appropriate.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My suggestion is Adobe reverses their decision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I suppose that will not happen.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why will it not happen? Does Adobe hold its' customers in such disdain?

Affinity is chapping at the  photo-editing and vector graphic market. They have DTP solution later this year too. Is Adobe too big to fail? To they not need to listen to their customers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will amost certainly be dropping my adibe sub now and moving to affinity/sketch/indesign. Muse was actually the only app keeping me on board. Well...after effects too but i hardly ever use that. My guess is that they are cutting all their fat...not many people use muse compared to the ones who code themselves. With the price raises and cut support...adobe must know that the competition is about to overtake their throne.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A very good, relatively inexpensive option is WYSIWYG web builder.... I used it before Muse and have just bought the upgrade to v12.

They have loads of updates every year.

WYSIWYG Web Builder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WYSIWYG looks very interesting. Thanks. I am collecting the names of other web builders, and if Adobe doesn't come out with information soon on why they are dumping Muse, and what they are doing to replace it, Then I don't see the point of subscribing at the full level, and will drop back to the much cheaper Photoshop subscription level. If I can't get everything I want at Adobe, and have to pay extra elsewhere, then why pay the freight at Adobe? And if they are into shafting, without even an explanation, a whole class of customers, then why keep owning the stock?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and you need something that is called Windows... what the heck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry you have to be the whipping post, Preran. It's not your fault. I'm sure you weren't the one who made the decision

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He works for Adobe.. right now he's all we've got... so it IS his fault.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is an exact replacement but Muse Themes has a new offering called Without Code:

https://www.wocode.com/musethemes-member-discount/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted in our post above, without code (which we were initially excited about) won't be a good option for our clients.  Without Code requires (for now) that you host the site on their (Amazon) servers and has no options for email accounts other than third party--costly for clients like ours.  There is no good migration option so all sites must be recreated from scratch.  I do like that the SSL is automatically included--this does offset some of the cost. So far the reports are that it still has quite a few issues, but we do expect it to improve as we know that the musethemes company is very good at what they do

For those who are thinking they can't do "coding" so they don't want to go with dreamweaver, I suggest they go throuugh the steps we gave in our above post and see how it works for them..  I am about to migrate two or three more sites today and hope for the same positve results.  It is true that once you do the migration (not import--see above), that you have better results changing text, pictures, adding elements in split view in the code itself, but you are not "coding"--you just replace for the most part.  I tested the ability to add containers in the sites by simply copying and pasting existing code, and it worked like a charm. 

Our plan at present is to continue to use Muse for (very quick) site production for our low cost customers who need a low cost site quickly, then migrate the site into Dreamweaver for long term maintenance. 

Hope this helps others, and we would still LOVE to hear if others are trying to use this method with or without success?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should just create an export to Dreamweaver from Muse and be done with it. All this heavy lifting by the consumer is a crime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines