• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse EOL announcement - Alternatives to Adobe Muse?

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

For those of you that haven't received the email around the Adobe Muse EOL, see the FAQ Product Announcement that tries to answer some the common questions around the announcement including the reasons behind the decision.

Before we proceed with discussing alternatives, the Muse application will continue to open on your computer. You will be able to continue to edit existing or create new websites with the application. Adobe Muse will continue to be supported until May 20, 2019 and will deliver compatibility updates with the Mac and Windows OS or fix any bugs that might crop up when publishing Muse sites to the web. However, it is quite possible that web standards and browsers will continue to change after Adobe stops support for the application.

While there is no 1:1 replacement for Adobe Muse at this stage, the FAQ link above provides some alternatives. Also, Adobe is making our own investment in DIY website creation and welcomes all Muse customers to join our upcoming pre-release program for a new format that will be introduced this year as part of Adobe Spark. Build a beautiful website—in minutes | Adobe Spark

That being said, I would like to open up this discussion for discussing other solutions and migration paths. It would be ideal if we could focus our efforts on the topic at hand.

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 2432 Replies 2432
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I had an easy answer for you, but the alternatives in the Adobe FAQ page are the only ones that have been recommended. I am not sure as to when Adobe Spark will be made available for public Beta until they officially announce it.  I haven't been informed about the timing, but it is unlikely that the roadmap will be made clear in the next few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Adobe decide to pull-the-rug from customers, without having a road-map to a potential solution? And don't dare say the FAQ provides some solutions - they don't. They have nowhere near the functionality of Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about Google Webdesigner people? Just upload your site to another hosting company. Then within the next year, you can migrate your Muse sites and usually, the hosting company will do this for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Web Designer is not even for designing whole pages. It is animation software, and is for building ads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Webflow is another great tool. Just upload your site to another hosting company so you don't get caught out again. Then within the next year, you can migrate your Muse sites and usually, the hosting company will do this for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't wanto to pay the price of Muse inside my personal account , FROM NOW.

Adobe can you tell me about this?

Is a simple question and I need a simple solution: from today I wanna pay lower ...fir first..

then I will think what solution will be better for me-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Simple question - will the inbrowser editor still work long term?

Thanks

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post May 20, 2019 Adobe Muse users that are using BC for IBE workflow will no longer be able to do so and support for IBE  will be only available till May, 20 2019. However, IBE will continue to work on sites hosted on third-party servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting on answers to my four questions, Preran.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peran,

you said

"Before we proceed with discussing alternatives, the Muse application will continue to open on your computer. "

But what about NEW projects? Who now wants to develop new projects on software that has been killed? I am sure that most, like myself, feel reluctant to start new projects on Muse... so the discussion about alternatives needs to happen NOW!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The silence from Adobe is deafening.

They hope by ignoring the complaints that it will go away. And they are right... but I will be cancelling my CC subscription. I can use Affinity for all the print work I do and will source an alternate web-programme. I will not use Adobe stuff willingly, if this is how they treat customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do as you like. But be sure that Adobe and all other companies have canceled products in the past and will do in the future. As the canceling of Muse is a problem for some developers, those who depend on Business Catalyst are in a worse shape, as they have to find a solution soon. Muse customers can maintain their sites with Muse as long as Muse produces code that is supported by the browsers. I wouldn't, however start a new major site today using Muse.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wappler is an even better Muse. Watch for that coming out ....

https://wappler.io/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow........great stuff. Isn´t this the reason why Adobe stops with Muse.

Bey bey Adobe. You just lost a customer.

Wappler is the answer to Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As with everyone else on here, I am devastated and very angry at this news - disgusting, cynical and completely XXXXing on your customers, Adobe. I have just spent the last three months learning how to use Muse, and my business website is 90% there. My deadline means it's too late to go in another direction now, So I'm gutted.

Surely if Adobe wants to discontinue Muse, then the sensible way to do it is to announce the end of new feature updates but undertake to continue basic compatibility and bug related updates only for 3-5 years or until it has a credible alternative - then maybe people like me would not be so XXXXed off. As it is, it just looks like Adobe dropping bombs from 50,000 feet, completely oblivious to the damage it is causing below - and there is a lot of damage, you can see that from some of the devastated businesses on here - I'll be fine but some wont survive this because, like me, they foolishly put their trust in Adobe. I think you will lose a lot of subscribers to other apps because of this.

Anyway, Preran, the announcement says you will stop all support for Muse in May 2019. Does this mean that it will disappear altogether from the Adobe CC in May 2019 ?

The way I see it, provided the software will remain available after that date on the Adobe CC, then the deadline to have something else implemented isn't actually May 2019, it's actually that point at which there is a required coding change external to Muse which renders it technically obsolete (which actually could be quite a few years). Am I right, Preran ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to add my feedback to the pile.. This is nothing but outrageous. The suggestion of bug updates & forward OS compatibility made by davidb58663726 is indeed the absolute minimum that would be acceptable for all these users who invested in both the software itself and in learning to work with Muse, and for all our clients who payed us and trusted us to design and develop their websites... This is nothing but a stab in the back, Adobe. To say I was really very positive about the evolution in the last years, with CC and the apps, how it all blends together, and about Muse, how we finally had an "Indesign for web" solution that is an absolute joy to work with. I really wonder what the real reason is to discontinue Muse, what reason could be so important that it outweighs betraying so many of us?

"I'm not angry, I'm just very, very, disappointed, Adobe. And I don't know how I will be able to trust you again."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an idea, why don't Adobe incorporate all the easy GUI interface into Dreamweaver CC ? Take all the learning from Muse to Dreamweaver? That way you don't lose Muse customers? I've joined the Spark mailing list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe takes the the UI of Muse and incorporates it in to Dreamweaver as the new Design View it will be amazing, Dreamweaver can still keep the classic view for pure coders. That would solve most of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will the in-browser editor continue to work indefinitely?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dlingeroriordan  wrote

Will the in-browser editor continue to work indefinitely?

In browser editing should work no problem until web browsers eventual change and no longer support technologies used in IBE.

So 'indefinately' would likely not happen as browsers and what they support are always changing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"As Adobe continues to re-focus on developing products and solutions that provide our customers with the most value, we are now announcing the end of new feature development for Adobe Muse CC."

What? WHAT? W H A T ? !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe raises prices and cuts Muse and BC?

I understand that you run a business, but I thought you were helping creatives. Think I'm going to scale back my subscription now/use of adobe programs. There's no good faith towards the amount of hours I put in to learning software that you just end up killing.

Very disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, they just announced the rise of the the prices! And now they cut both Muse and BC, I have host websites that I have to migrate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe todays announcement, especially coming just three days after paying a lot of money to renew my subscription. As a designer with 'no coding' I moved to adobe from Quark Xpress when they dropped their web offering. Now having spent a lot of time learning the applications, invested money in widgets, fonts and have numerous sites up and running for various clients I feel totally abandoned. Websites by their very nature are an evolving design, unlike print, so clients expect to be able to use and develop their sites over the years. If I had to recreate them in another application this would involve months of additional work which I can't charge for and with no guarantee that I would be able to recreate the sites exactly, which would make me look stupid and unprofessional to my clients.

With the amount of criticism on the withdrawal of the app, it would appear that there is a need for Muse or at least a direct replacement within CC. This isn't a game, it's people's business and livelihood at stake and is a very poor decision by Adobe. Luckily all my sites are hosted by independents so at least that is one nightmare I don't have to deal with. Having recently gone through a host provider withdrawing their services and having to move numerous domains and sites which involved a lot of unpaid work and bad feeling with my clients.

Suggesting 'other' applications really isn't a solution and Adobe should reconsider their decision. In over 30 years of working Adobe have had a lot of money from me and really should consult their customers before make such far reaching decisions. Other than this forum is their anyway to actually get in touch with the decision makers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why adobe wants to kill off a program that is clearly very popular with users that are paying for it!! this sucks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines