• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse EOL announcement - Alternatives to Adobe Muse?

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

For those of you that haven't received the email around the Adobe Muse EOL, see the FAQ Product Announcement that tries to answer some the common questions around the announcement including the reasons behind the decision.

Before we proceed with discussing alternatives, the Muse application will continue to open on your computer. You will be able to continue to edit existing or create new websites with the application. Adobe Muse will continue to be supported until May 20, 2019 and will deliver compatibility updates with the Mac and Windows OS or fix any bugs that might crop up when publishing Muse sites to the web. However, it is quite possible that web standards and browsers will continue to change after Adobe stops support for the application.

While there is no 1:1 replacement for Adobe Muse at this stage, the FAQ link above provides some alternatives. Also, Adobe is making our own investment in DIY website creation and welcomes all Muse customers to join our upcoming pre-release program for a new format that will be introduced this year as part of Adobe Spark. Build a beautiful website—in minutes | Adobe Spark

That being said, I would like to open up this discussion for discussing other solutions and migration paths. It would be ideal if we could focus our efforts on the topic at hand.

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 2432 Replies 2432
Engaged ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that's the way to suck up! You'll always have a friend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at Architect software by Without Code. Could it be a good replacement for Adobe Muse?

https://www.muse-themes.com/blogs/news/your-most-commonly-asked-questions-regarding-without-code-and...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s in its infancy...you again will be the “beta guinea pigs” ...who knows it may work out. But so many of these are “start ups”...most unfortunately will fail...on your dime possibly taking your clients website with it. Adobe had an incredible concept with the right idea...they just didn’t stick with it long enough. Terrible support ...poor response to criticism, you got attack for not saying anything but “good“ ...no way to treat customers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been a Muse-Themes member for quite a while, and learned of Thrive Architect from reading their material about their new 'Without Code' project. It sounded interesting, so I added it to my plate of trial platforms in my search for a Muse replacement. I'd never heard of Architect because I had come to Muse from the Wordpress world, and did not want to go back.

However, yesterday was the day I tested Architect. My test was to recreate one of my sites that was currently done with Muse. Thrive Architect was the first in which I was able to do so in a very reasonable amount of time with very little training on the platform. Since Without Code purports to be built on the Architect platform, it should be very interesting to see what the folks at Muse-themes will do with it. The only deal breaker for me is that it's a hosted platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HAVE TO SAY - I have been watching closely people running to an fro - panicking finding their new platform - let me say this - I am an old fashioned 40 year in the business designer, I love nothing more than a clean canvas to design on - MUSE was really the first time I got my hands dirty and actually got some sites done (did use their GoLIVE many years ago)

25 years ago I could see that the Internet was controlled by coders it largely still is and sadly will be for a while - I was on DTP before Apple arrived - I could see that coding would go from the Graphic world then (used Ventura but it didn't take off) - and the internet then was squares here there and very little or no typography control - I thought 5 years would flush that out - so 25 years later we are still controlled by coding tram lines - and I can see why Adobe have come of this open canvas trend.

Muse-Themes are at  heart designers - who helped bring a designer like me home to sweet little touches of good design and lovely typography - I have decided to keep completing my websites with Muse from now on, and I will jump across to there new 'Architecture' Engineer Application - - they have always seemed to get it from day one - and if their consentuios attitude was just 1/10th as good as Adobe we would be in a better place.

LISTEN IN - Code will go for good on day - and I will be glad t see the platform replaced by drop and place - I think Without Code form Muse Themes - is exactly this - any designer knows that refreshing the screen to see how it looks is really 'STONEAGE' mentality as we approach 2020 crazy.

So I await there new platform - then I feel confident we can move over - and while I am at it... spare a thought - 80% of good design is down to stunning photography - a client sees a WIX site and thinks WOW - I want that!!!! and then puts in substandard images and then wonders why it doesn't look very good - Great photography makes a designers job a dream - bad images and your dead before you start...

OK Im done....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sebrame  wrote

I've been a Muse-Themes member for quite a while, and learned of Thrive Architect from reading their material about their new 'Without Code' project. It sounded interesting, so I added it to my plate of trial platforms in my search for a Muse replacement. I'd never heard of Architect because I had come to Muse from the Wordpress world, and did not want to go back.

However, yesterday was the day I tested Architect. My test was to recreate one of my sites that was currently done with Muse. Thrive Architect was the first in which I was able to do so in a very reasonable amount of time with very little training on the platform. Since Without Code purports to be built on the Architect platform, it should be very interesting to see what the folks at Muse-themes will do with it. The only deal breaker for me is that it's a hosted platform.

southbay  wrote

Muse-Themes are at  heart designers - who helped bring a designer like me home to sweet little touches of good design and lovely typography - I have decided to keep completing my websites with Muse from now on, and I will jump across to there new 'Architecture' Engineer Application - - they have always seemed to get it from day one - and if their consentuios attitude was just 1/10th as good as Adobe we would be in a better place.

So I await there new platform - then I feel confident we can move over - and while I am at it... spare a thought - 80% of good design is down to stunning photography - a client sees a WIX site and thinks WOW - I want that!!!! and then puts in substandard images and then wonders why it doesn't look very good - Great photography makes a designers job a dream - bad images and your dead before you start...

Isn't "Without Code" "W/O Code" from "Muse Themes" - Just built on top of Duda though ? [ See post ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being just designers ...you probably generally don’t know all the other important aspects of a good website. It might be a great looking bridge you built but no one would want to drive across it:)) Good SEO (by actual SEO experts not designers) is important as is the code under the hood, having a great UI interface. Lots more. Designers are generally unaware of much of this. As are SEO people not as familiar with good design. They need each other for great websites. It’s a multidisciplinary task. Muse made people think hey “I’m a web designer” now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best statement so far. I am a photographer - veteran- who was really happy with muse. My clients come to me for great photography. Some of them want websites. Without Muse-Themes Muse would have been useless for me. But the Musethemes people make great widgets that helped me create the websites. I am looking forward to their new platform, which will be based on webflow. As soon as it is established and they make the arrangement with webflow to export to regular html files that then can be hosted anywhere I am with them. Nevertheless I understand everyone else complaining about Adobe. This is def. not the way to treat your customers. Only Money idiots can act this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

karlkramer  wrote

Musethemes people make great widgets that helped me create the websites. I am looking forward to their new platform, which will be based on webflow. As soon as it is established and they make the arrangement with webflow

Where did you see it was based upon webflow?

Isn't "Without Code" "W/O Code" from "Muse Themes" - I think it's based upon Duda [ See Post ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so that everyone here is aware of the new announcement, posting the link here.

Announcement: Muse tech support period extended to March 26, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Isn't "Without Code" "W/O Code" from "Muse Themes" - I think it's based upon Duda [ See Post ]"

Muse-Themes has been very upfront with the base for W/O Code - Architect and Engineer. Duda may also be based on those platforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sebrame  wrote

Isn't "Without Code" "W/O Code" from "Muse Themes" - Just built on top of Duda though ? [ See post ]

Muse-Themes has been very upfront with the base for W/O Code - Architect and Engineer. Duda may also be based on those platforms.

No. I am sorry, but thats just not the case.

It's the opposite, they are building their new offerings upon Duda. They even declared they used an existing platform, you can see their own comment mentioned in the post linked to, and as stated there the videos are evidence that its Duda. If someone can prove otherwise that is welcome though. ;--)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

W_J_T  wrote

sebrame   wrote

Isn't "Without Code" "W/O Code" from "Muse Themes" - Re: Adobe Muse EOL announcement - Alternatives to Adobe Muse?

No. I am sorry, but thats just not the case.

It's the opposite, they are building their new offerings upon Duda. They even declared they used an existing platform, you can see their own comment Re: Adobe Muse EOL announcement - Alternatives to Adobe Muse?  linked to, and as stated there the videos are evidence that its Duda. If someone can prove otherwise that is welcome though. ;--)

Not sure exactly where in your post that Muse-Themes states that Architect and Engineer are built on the Duda platform, they only mention an "existing platform", of which there are many. As stated previously, I trialled Duda and rejected it, so I'm familiar with the interface. Great product, but it's hosted, so that's a no-go. However, I've not see any videos or even stills of the W/O Code Architect/Engineer interface, so I can't make an apples to apples comparison. If you have, then great, I'll take your word for it.

According to Muse-Themes on another forum, the existing platform 'Architect' by Thrive is not the base. Strange that they would name theirs after an already existing one, but hey, that's their prerogative I guess, until someone complains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sebrame  wrote

Not sure exactly where in your post that Muse-Themes states that Architect and Engineer are built on the Duda platform, they only mention an "existing platform", of which there are many. As stated previously, I trialled Duda and rejected it, so I'm familiar with the interface. Great product, but it's hosted, so that's a no-go. However, I've not see any videos or even stills of the W/O Code Architect/Engineer interface, so I can't make an apples to apples comparison. If you have, then great, I'll take your word for it.

According to Muse-Themes on another forum, the existing platform 'Architect' by Thrive is not the base. Strange that they would name theirs after an already existing one, but hey, that's their prerogative I guess, until someone complains.

I never stated (to you or otherwise) that they themselves declared it was Duda, just that they declared using another platform. If you didn't like Duda being hosted then you wont like "W/O Code" as will be hosted also. As stated to me it looks to be built on top of Duda. Having tried Duda yourself do you not agree after seeing this video?

Here is their video:

Without Code - Tool Sneak Peek - visualarms

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

wrote

I never stated (to you or otherwise) that they themselves declared it was Duda, just that they declared using another platform. If you didn't like Duda being hosted then you wont like "W/O Code" as will be hosted also. As stated to me it looks to be . Having tried Duda yourself do you not agree after seeing this video?

Here is their video:

Without Code - Tool Sneak Peek - visualarms

I do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you didn't like Duda being hosted then you wont like "W/O Code" as will be hosted also.

As I've stated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sebrame  wrote

I do!

So you agree it is Duda ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a reason this is the most popular....not the greatest code but gets the job done. If a Disney and others use it has their platform ...nuff said. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r-J-6tTZh-s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really think Adobe should release Muse under the GPL. Let the community take care of it. Why not? Adobe is abandoning it, so open sourcing it won't do Adobe any harm.

It would be a sign of goodwill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No chance – software like Muse contains so many parts and pointers to patented and licensed technologies, that it's unthinkable and impossible for Adobe to do such a "sign of goodwill". E.g. the sheer use of using panels (moving, dragging, collapsing, combining them) is an Adobe-owned patent. Even though some of these patents are considered as trivial, the owner definitely needs to actively protect and defend their rights and properties, otherwise they will lose control over it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But now I found a program that is almost the same as adobe muse but the program called WEBYDO is very powerful to make the web easy and easy to responsive but the bad thing is that the price is very high and they do not allow to export html but I did the test in WEBYDO is much better than WEBFLOW I do not tell you is that webflow has block is more complicated work and delays to finish the web are not worth it can not stand .... although WEBYDO can drag and drop you want there and where .... change WEBFLOW does not play a div and put the block that is annoying .... I recommend it a lot WEBYDO.COM is very good to do the web is almost the same as adobe muse as they do the web.

Web Webydo: www.webydo.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Xavier+Frasser  wrote

But now I found a program that is almost the same as adobe muse but the program called WEBYDO is very powerful to make the web easy and easy to responsive but the bad thing is that the price is very high and they do not allow to export html but I did the test in WEBYDO is much better than WEBFLOW I do not tell you is that webflow has block is more complicated work and delays to finish the web are not worth it can not stand .... although WEBYDO can drag and drop you want there and where .... change WEBFLOW does not play a div and put the block that is annoying .... I recommend it a lot WEBYDO.COM is very good to do the web is almost the same as adobe muse as they do the web.

Web Webydo: www.webydo.com

The code Webydo produces is an utter **expletive**. Wow, that's terrible. Aside from this, as you already mentioned, it is aimed at studios, prohibitively expensive for most, and solely web based with no export options.

Why anyone would bother with Webydo is mystifying to me - even studios. You'd have to have half a brain, in my opinion. Far more suitable and more affordable Muse alternatives exist.

Sorry to be so harsh. But it is what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe marketed Muse aggressively for years, touting its wide use, satisfied users, and its remarkable growth. Muse widget and template making businesses sprung up all over the web. Many claim to have memberships of 100,000 or more. Adobe has thrown a major monkey wrench into thousands of small businesses around the world – the businesses that use Muse and their clients who are able to have custom-designed, unique websites thanks to Muse. Muse is a flawed application, but it is still the most powerful non-coding web design tool to come along. You say you're not taking any of these posts lightly – that's great – now, how about taking us (the posters) seriously. I found it disturbing that Adobe is killing Muse based on web-design trends it has observed. Maybe the solution is to find a company more like what Adobe used to be: a company that set trends, not a company that alters its business strategies based on whatever trends are current at the time. Adobe needs to listen to its customers and reverse its decision about Muse. Seriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If there are better solutions from elsewhere, I would like people to suggest them here."

Do your damned job. Find solutions for us. Leaving us all in the lurch is a disgrace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines