• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse now being blocked unless you purchase a full CC subscription?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

Are you saying that the only way you can continue using Adobe Muse (non-supported) software is to have a full subscription to the complete CC package? This is ridiculous as the software is not supported and many people still have active sites that were created using this package. There should at least be a one off payment option to let the software work, rather than blackmailing users into paying for a full CC package that many do not need.

Please reconsider your actions before alienating your customers – especially at a time when many people are struggling financially due to the world-wide Covid-19 pandemic?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

For the record, I don't work for Adobe.  I'm an unpaid forum volunteer and fellow product user.

Adobe employees no longer visit or monitor this forum space because Muse has ended all support. End of support means there is no support of any kind for Muse.  Muse is officially off the radar.

Everyone was warned about the March 26, 2020 cut-off date. 

Unless you have access to discontinued products from your Creative Cloud All Apps plan, your opportunity to use Muse is over.  I'm sorry but tha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No that's not how things work with discontinued products.  We were all notified of the Muse EOL 2 years ago.   You had plenty of time to migrate sites to new software.  If you didn't get your ducks in a row, that's nobody's fault but your own.

image.png

The only way you can obtain Muse is with a paid Creative Cloud All Apps plan.  AND you need to tick the box to Show Older Apps in your Creative Cloud Desktop App.  See screenshot.   Muse is being treated exactly the same as Fireworks, Speedgrade and other discontinued products. 

Creative Cloud Desktop SettingsCreative Cloud Desktop Settings

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy,

But not all companies pay to have their sites re-built every two years especially many with huge amounts of product and information to share.

Yes I have moved many sites to other platforms over the last two years, the expression 'get your ducks in a row' is still singularly unhelpful for many people.

I see no reason that the app many had subcribed to and some purchased before the CC updates should now be actively blocked from working altogther. This especially when Adobe stated that the app would continue working after the 26th with no mention that a full subscription to all apps would be required (See statement below):

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 18.46.26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe!

I also think its kinda sad that you did not mention that muse would not work after the 26th of march WITHOUT an full plan subcription. 

I just believeed and trusted what you said. Now i am the one who is pissed, just because i believed you.  To tell people now to get their ducks in a row is just so annoying. 

If Adobe told everyone clearly that Muse wont workt after the 26th of march everybody would have understood, but that was just not the case. I just left us hanging... believing everything would work, just not supported anymore.

Its pretty sad i have to say.

Kind regards,

Michael 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the record, I don't work for Adobe.  I'm an unpaid forum volunteer and fellow product user.

Adobe employees no longer visit or monitor this forum space because Muse has ended all support. End of support means there is no support of any kind for Muse.  Muse is officially off the radar.

Everyone was warned about the March 26, 2020 cut-off date. 

Unless you have access to discontinued products from your Creative Cloud All Apps plan, your opportunity to use Muse is over.  I'm sorry but that's all there is to say on this subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you updgrade to the All Apps plan today, does Muse become available thru the show older apps button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the Show Older Apps box is ticked in your CC Desktop app, you should see Muse adjacent to Fireworks CS6 which is also discontinued.  See screenshot.  Muse also shows when UI & UX category is selected.

Discontinued ProductsDiscontinued Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines