• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can a webpage open content on top of it instead of reloading completely ? Something like overlays.

Participant ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

is it possible in a webpage design to have levels (zindex) ?

As in can i have a button and clicking it opens some smaller windowed content on top of the existing page, such as a pop up window with a para or an image etc, while the original page stays under it, instead of getting a full reload ?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

If I understand you question correctly, there are at least four ways to achieve, what you want without additional widgets.

Look at this sample file: Muse PopUps 

Youn will find these variants sorted top down:

• PopUp made with composiotion widget,
  • PopUp made with composition lightbox
  • PopUp made with hyperlink,
  • PopUp made with custom HTML  (menu (object/Add HTML)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I know so far is like this:

https://www.muse-themes.com/products/pop-up-windows

But it is not e real layer-z order thing. Technically wether Muse nor any web app can do it, I guess. It is something like: "open in new window" instead of "open on same website", if you know what I mean. This can be done in Muse as well in the "link" section but it opens the new window in a new tab instead of an additional layer, depending on browser set up of each user.

It might be of course possible to coe that as well - Muse-Themes did just that.

Please be aware that Muse is under EOL and so you might think it over, wether to invest in 3rd party widgets or not.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying Uwe.

Your right that picking up widgets for this may not make sense due to the phasing out of support for Muse. But i have a question with regards to that. Phasing out means i assume still people could continue making simple websites with Muse and hosting it on their own webhost ? Also EOL for muse means will the font support stop to the website i design ? If yes can i bake fonts into Muse or put the font files onto my own server to ensure thety are always available ?

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand you question correctly, there are at least four ways to achieve, what you want without additional widgets.

Look at this sample file: Muse PopUps 

Youn will find these variants sorted top down:

• PopUp made with composiotion widget,
  • PopUp made with composition lightbox
  • PopUp made with hyperlink,
  • PopUp made with custom HTML  (menu (object/Add HTML)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my understanding it is the pop up window but the widget form muse-themes provides much more possibilities on where to open the pop up relating to its button. I´m looking forward to the OPs answer now.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gunter,

Thank you very much for the project file. That is something very similar to what i wanted.

Button 1 > Which widget is that ? Because when i point on them they all report as composition. So im unable to learn form your file how to do it.

Button 4 > was javascript i think as its mention in the code ? And i could see the size of the window defined within the code an experimented fruitfully, but how do you specify which x,y coordinate it should position itself at ? Or is that random ?

Also suppose theres an antire slide show i decideto pu into the composition, is that possible and will that content download with the page or does it download that slideshow or whatever content is insde the composition only when we click the button and trigger it ?

Thank You very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Button 1 and 2 are variants of the compostion widget. Just look, how they are set up by clicking onto the composition's small arrow icon.

I don't understand your last question at all. If you ask, if one can add a slideshow into a composition's target, the answer is "yes, of course you can." Muse is able to nest its widgets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My last question is (youve explained how to open a window on a higher layer using compositions) what if my composition has a slide show with 50 images (just an example). So when the base page which has the button that launches the slideshow loads, does it also load all the 50 images from the server into irrespective of wether the user clicks the button to see the slideshow or not. Im asking because this will slow down the base page itself when loading on internet, even though the user may not wish to see that slide show.

I mean when we click a button does the slide show pics get loaded only when its called for ?

I used to write AS2 scripting based websites earlier and i used to make it when someone clicks on a slideshow only then the slide show player and the pics etc will get loaded onto the base page. Until then it rests as a separate swf file on the server. This ensures the base page itself doesnt get delayed in loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes web pages can load content on top of other content.   It all depends on what kind of effect you want.   Given that Muse support is ending soon on Mar 26, both of these examples were created outside Muse with Bootstrap and a real code editor.

Automatic, 5 second intro:

https://alt-web.com/DEMOS/BS-with-SVG-intro.html

User invoked, modal window:

https://alt-web.com/DEMOS/BSForm_in_modal.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the Links Nancy !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly my apologies to everyone for replying a little late. My PC threw a fit and wasnt letting me boot back in etc. Sorted it out now. Thank you all for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines