• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you create responsive sites with Adobe Muse?

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am building a design portfolio for myself and would like to make it a responsive website (when you resize the browser the website resizes as well). 

I looked online for answers but to no avail. If Muse does have these capabilities, I was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

UPDATED October 5, 2015 - RESPONSIVE ANNOUNCED

Today we are unveiling a major milestone – responsive design is coming to Adobe Muse! The capabilities we’re introducing are completely free-form and make it easy for any designer to approach and conquer responsive web design. Best of all, you won’t get boxed-in with restrictive templates or write any code. Learn more at http://blogs.adobe.com/muse/2015/10/05/responsive-design-in-muse/‌or muse.adobe.com‌.

Updated August 4, 2014: A few additions to the

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 265 Replies 265
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Give me a break, did you even tried to make it responsive once? No such thing as breaking any code. You add just simple media queries, which is css based. Learn some code, apply and get exited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that it should be built into muse. The point of the program is that it would be relatively code free. And like someone here said, it already blows everything out of the water in speed and creative power. It's true that phone designs need to be built from the ground up in terms of functionality and design any way and so theoretically muse already does that but adobe will end the debate and fulfill the obvious demand by baking true responsiveness into the program. I fully expect this each time I download the next update. Once it comes the industry will be disrupted. Come on Adobe you can do it!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We get it that Adobe Muse was never intended to replace Dreamweaver, no application will have the capability of Adobe Dreamweaver because it solves all issue of doing professional website, but let get it straight If Adobe Muse was for quick work around for designers who doesn't want to code what is the need of Adobe Edge Reflow, I think Adobe should have implemented feature of Edge Reflow into Adobe Muse and give muse the need for viewpoint view and stuff, Edge will never replace Dreamweaver so is Adobe Muse. Muse still have a stronger capability to make professional site if it fails the responsive test but still making adaptive site is partially accepted just for the pain of creating multiple layout, Desktop, Tablet and Phone...dang!!! it hurt and time consuming. So in nutshell I think Adobe should consider merging Edge Reflow to Adobe Muse and let Muse be focus on for designer who wants a quick work around with Web development.

I checked out MACAW and it's nothing different from Edge Reflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come to think about it we all asking muse should be able to creative responsive layout as this reduce the pain of creating three web platform, Desktop, Tablet and Mobile and time frame, if eventually we endure to create the three web platform in muse apparently desktop user will not be re-sizing browser to access Tablet or Mobile version, it all depend on the device individual use to access the web page which is kind of cool that you can create website from just dragging and dropping objects but time consuming for having to make other platform this give Dreamweaver the utmost best application ever for web developer. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think those more expert than I have made enlightened comment on this subject. I hope Adobe backroom boys have taken note.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2015 Sep 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When...........will Adobe (Muse) address fully responsive website design?

adobe-muse-solution-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you would like more insight in to the future directions for Muse, you might consider joining the Adobe Muse Prerelease Program. The program is open to all active subscribers who can accept the terms of the Non-Disclosure Agreement. To join visit http://museprerelease.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2015 Sep 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have designed a website using Adobe Muse. My client base range from contractors to architects accessing our website for information from the many available smart phones, tablets and desktops. My question is that when a client accesses our website and depending on the browser width Adobe Muse does not support the Responsive Web Design (RWD) for optimal viewing, easy reading and navigation with a minimum of resizing, panning, and scrolling. There is a product that came out this spring (2015) from QooQee called Adobe Muse Smart Responsive that is RWD capable. Has anyone used this software in there design and how satisfied were you with the results? Does it work well with the touch screen PC's that scroll like tablets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kevins1957 wrote:

I have designed a website using Adobe Muse. My client base range from contractors to architects accessing our website for information from the many available smart phones, tablets and desktops. My question is that when a client accesses our website and depending on the browser width Adobe Muse does not support the Responsive Web Design (RWD) for optimal viewing, easy reading and navigation with a minimum of resizing, panning, and scrolling. There is a product that came out this spring (2015) from QooQee called Adobe Muse Smart Responsive that is RWD capable. Has anyone used this software in there design and how satisfied were you with the results? Does it work well with the touch screen PC's that scroll like tablets?

I'we just checked out the QooQee called Adobe Muse Smart Responsive and it works nicely! I won't be surprised if the Adobe guys include this in the next update.

Now I just want the reflow feature that moves the pictures and text around when you resize the webpage.

Can't wait

Jønne Rantzau

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I have to correct myself; QooQee has made a fluid widget too. Apparently as a gallery widget, but I think it could be used more broard than that.

I have to buy and test it, I'll write when I have tried it out.

WR

Jønne Rantzau

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Muse Team,

Please add Responsive layout/design to the feature set.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes....please look into having Muse create true Responsive site designs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well without further or due ..I think our comments and complain on here have reach the adobe backend team and today at the adobe max conference they're announcing features and changes to.muse ..which I have read that Muse CC adds free-form responsive design to easily create custom websites that dynamically scale to any size screen, browser or device, without having to code or use restrictive templates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps some of the comments in this forum had some effect on Adobe's higher ups and Muse development team. However, I think it was a foregone conclusion Muse would add responsive capabilities eventually.

The bigger question for me is how well the new features are implemented. Will they allow for new levels of creativity or will it keep designers mired into this boxy same-ness that is really infecting a lot of web sites lately. Too many "responsive" web sites are little more than re-purposed frame works. In making a single layout conform to all the extreme differences in displays very simple things like preserving composition in photographs or having a creative composition overall is getting lost. We're just looking at what is little more than a glorified, boxy, Excel spreadsheet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I so agree! But can anyone remeber the old times with flash and all the crazy creativity?
It was fun but sometimes impossible to navigate on the site.

exe - that's great news.

I bought the fluid and smart bundle from Qooqee, wasn't that expensive. The smart widget works perfect, suddenly everything is responsive, but the fluid widget is not quite there yet. It does move pictures around, but you don't have fully control of the size, numbers of pictures in a row, how many breakpoint ect. Still it was worth the 60$ to make the costumer happy. Check it out:

Adobe Muse Widgets

WR

Jønne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THE ANSER IS PINNING!!!

The full width texts boxes do work for the test if you want it to move down its all readable without having to scroll over BUT

I was having the problem where i was losing part of my nav bar &&& the answer was pinning the logo to the top left and the menu pinned to top right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any date on when this will be available for the public?
I know the preview version has it, but when you open an exsisting muse project, it converts the project to the new Muse version but does not give you the opportunity

to make it responsive. Only when making a new site.

Have a nice weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we can expect RESPONSIVE web design with MUSE soon,   What’s New | Adobe Muse CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've known responsive capabilities have been in the works, but the word "soon" seems a little iffy to me. The latest official announcement said the Muse update featuring responsive design would be out sometime in 2016. Maybe early. It also said some of the scrolling capabilities currently found in Muse would be broken or disabled until a following update later in the year.

Meanwhile I see more and more web sites shifting to canned, bland and soul-less WordPress templates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse with Responsive design is definitely in the works and moving fast. I am one of the Beta testers and there are updates nearly every week, sometimes a few times a week.  It seems they are quickly moving it forward and I would not be surprised if the final version will be available to all MUSE users early 2016.  So far, what I have experienced using the Beta version has been amazing, but still waiting to find out how to implement more things before I can say 'wonderful.'  There are still unanswered questions as to whether we will still have available the option for Desktop, Tablet and Phone versions separate from Responsive (some are saying yes) and also how to hide pages depending on breakpoints.  Regarding breakpoints, with Responsive design on Muse, you can add as many as you heart desires and I have done it myself as I test the version.  All of this is definitely taking MUSE to an exciting new level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌The question, you mention, definitely are not unanswered. But be aware, that you are under NDA. If someone wants to know more, it is easy to join the prerelease community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you have a conniption and start foaming at the mouth, you can be under an NDA and still mention, generally speaking, that the new improvements are actually great.  If THAT is an issue, then you can take the beta testing and shove it, after all, we are doing Adobe a favour.  Any idiot can figure out that a program that features Responsive design also feature breakpoints, so it is not like I just divulged the secrets to the new Star Wars film for cryinoutloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevertheless your statement

"There are still unanswered questions as to whether we will still have available the option for Desktop, Tablet and Phone versions separate from Responsive"

is untrue and evokes wrong assumptions.

… before you have a conniption and start foaming at the mouth

Very friendly. Some people I really don’t want to meet in real life …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I said was not unture, but a real concern people have voiced.

Perhaps you might want to consider that what you think of as 'friendly' others may see as coming off as a condescending a**. And yes, THOSE people I don't really care to meet in real life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I did not find an answer that fits my problem. Can you help me ? Thank you.
So, after publication of 3 Version (desktop, tablet, phone) on Buisnesscataylsis, the design "adaptive web design" does not work in the browser...
When I resize the browser, nothing happens ... i stay on the desktop.
How to enable it, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines