• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you hide images with wrapped text in breakpoint?

Participant ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to have images with wrapped text in some breakpoints, but not others? It seems that there is no option to hide an image with wrapped text in a breakpoint? The text-wrapped images look fine until it gets to tablet size, and then the wrap options selected for the larger sizes no longer look ok, but there doesn't seem to be any way to adjust them within just the one or two breakpoints, or to hide them within a breakpoint. Am I just not understanding something about how text wrap works with responsive? The pages are fixed width within each breakpoint. Without text wrap, it is clear that you can hide an image by right-clicking. But this doesn't seem to be an option with text wrap? I really hope I'm missing something to make this possible, otherwise I can't imagine how I can build this site! Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

And it is not enough, to scale the inline image breakpoint-wise?

In this case you have to hide the complete text box in this breakpoint and replace it by another one, which you hide in other breakpoints.

Why shouldn’t it be possible to build your site using this feature?

PS: Another tricky way, which works fine:

• You have placed an image, which is wrapped by text.

• On the smaller breakpoint, activate the image within its container and drag it outside the visible container area.

• Now select the imag

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it is not enough, to scale the inline image breakpoint-wise?

In this case you have to hide the complete text box in this breakpoint and replace it by another one, which you hide in other breakpoints.

Why shouldn’t it be possible to build your site using this feature?

• On the smaller breakpoint, activate the image within its container and drag it outside the visible container area.

• Now select the image container and set it to 1 px width.

(If necessary, set the left margin of the rest of the text to 1 px as well, and you have, what you want.

Have a look at the result: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0uj86ckjsfmuzv/Break-image.mov?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Günter! I appreciate your quick help. For some reason, it didn't occur to me to just insert a different text box completely in those breakpoints. Of course this is the way to do it! The issue was that at the smaller breakpoints, the images need to be wrapped differently than in the larger ones. So, of course you would just want to reinsert the text, differently laid out.

You've been helping me since my first Muse site, and I appreciate it. (And, as you can tell, I'm still confused!) Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/G%C3%BCnter+Hei%C3%9Fenb%C3%BCttel  wrote

• Now select the image container and set it to 1 px width.

(If necessary, set the left margin of the rest of the text to 1 px as well, and you have, what you want.

Have a look at the result: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0uj86ckjsfmuzv/Break-image.mov?dl=0

interesting idea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas. After much frustration, I managed to separately format the tablet and phone sized breakpoints and include the wrapped images with captions. But I can't upload the site to BC to test it. It crashes every time I try to upload it with this warning. I saw a similar error on another forum question, but there didn't seem to really be an answer for it. I must be able to have captions on the photos.

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 8.39.03 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue for a Muse engineer. What do you mean, ankushr40215001​?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Günter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi CuriousChip,

I have seen this issue before and the user had to strip out the caption (a small text box) which they had nested within the wrapped text image.

Probably your's also looks somewhat similar case.

Can you please isolate the wrapped object in a single Muse file and share it with us via Dropbox or WeTransfer.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines