• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closing Muse ? Are you serious over there ?

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helloooooo! Over there, are you listening to me?

I think you have to take a close look to stopping support of the Muse project.

We have spent a lot of time learning how to use Muse, we have created a large number of customers with websites through Mouse, and we continue.

If you respect your customers, you should think again.

Muse is not Flash to have security issues or its works not supported by browsers. Although the flash continues, the name is changed to Animate.

Please respect us and continue the good work on Muse.

God bless America.

Erik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Hi all,

Apologize for your frustration. I understand that the transition to another software will not be without challenges. Having said that, Adobe Muse will continue to be around and supported for another year. You can continue using Adobe Muse beyond that as long as its code is supported by web standards and browsers, and for as long as your OS supports it. If you have hosted your site on BC, you have a year to migrate it to a third-party hosting provider.

Assets such as text and images can be

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 418 Replies 418
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One might as well say nothing, if one has nothing to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran, thank you for posting your response to the myriad of comments being thrown into this and many other discussions.  Whilst we appreciate that you have been a web designer with a small business, you are comfortably sitting in an ivory tower, being currently employed by Adobe.  You are therefore not feeling the enormous financial and operational weight that this decision has put on active service providers, Muse merchants and other business people who rely on this product to run their businesses or service their clients (their livelihood), but one day too, should Adobe lose enough clients through decisions like this that they have to downsize, you might understand what we are all experiencing right now.  I have below summised the tone of the responses of this thread in relation to your postā€™s topics so that you can tell the management of Adobe just why they need to rectify this situation immediately, as I for one would rather Adobe be able to repair relations with it's customers than lose them.

The Audience

The FAQ and your vanilla responses do not address the usersā€™ concerns - this decision is a bad decision and one that Adobe might not feel the effects of for years to come, but they will feel it.  Whilst many other products over a 30+ year history have previously received this treatment and their loss would have been felt by those using them, I donā€™t think they would be felt as badly as those losing Muse as it will undoubtedly also be felt by the clients and the clients of clients.  There is an exponential effect here that could be likened to an avalanche ā€¦ once a section of snow moves, it encourages the neighbouring snow to move ā€¦ and we know how that turns out.

Adobe has not considered that it has just ticked off a large community of (Muse) Web Developers, each with a voice ā€¦ all developing websites for themselves and other people (say on average 4 per Muser) who all get affected by this decision ā€¦ and suppose all those websites put a notification on their website today stating the facts surrounding why their website might not function in a yearā€™s time.  Each website has a newsletter that also goes out to their 10,000 or more strong database ā€¦ that tells their constituents this same news ā€¦ then all of a sudden, the feelings that are currently contained in this forum reach an undetermined number of people (current or potential customers of Adobe).  Adobe is in marketing too - they know that emotion drives sales, so why do they not recognise that with their decisions, they run the risk that emotion can damage sales also?

Alternate Options

Designers may not be coders ā€¦ but coders by nature are not always able to design, so they go hand in hand and Muse brought them closer together.  Please do not insult our intelligence by trying to placate us with feeble options that donā€™t meet our needs - we choose the products that meet our needs which was why we chose Adobe Muse.  As for Spark - why develop another platform rather than developing an existing system that can give the users the best of both?  Sounds to me like there was no logical decision making when they dropped one baby for another.  Mind you, we have all been part of the ā€œvillageā€ that was raising that baby and we have not even been consulted about how the babies could be nurtured as one.  A Weebly or Wix type solution is not what we as web designers want as it doesnā€™t meet our needs, but if components of that was mixed with the power of Muse, it could be an awesome, unstoppable product.  Developing just another autowebsite product is not a smart way to do business or be at the leading edge - it is just sweeping up the breadcrumbs (opening the gate after the horse has bolted, so to speak).  They need to also do proper and focused market research to determine new products and upgrades, not just rely on "trends" alone - they have a huge focus group here in their customer base that they haven't utilised and this is why they will not satisfy us with their alternatives.

Sentiment

As for sharing the sentiment with the team, you need to tell them it is not sentiment that will drive users away from using Adobe.  Adobe might come to realise that they made a fundamental mistake with their model by packaging all the creative apps into one subscription.  People under that subscription were more likely to take up using the other products because they are paying for them already, but now, more likely to move away when their overall needs are not met because one tool was taken away.  When you remove a product (particularly one of this magnitude), you run more risk of upsetting your customer and losing them forever.  A businessā€™ brand is at stake with every decision and announcement it makes to the world ā€¦ and this decision has been broadcast to the world already.  With this type of backlash already from users who have been with Adobe from inception, they should be rethinking this decision and implementing some damage control rather than being dismissive of their customersā€™ pain.

Additional training and cost to move to another software or solution

Does Adobe realise just how many websites around the globe will need to be migrated and business owners trained in the new solution?  The loss as an on flow of this decision and the cost to the business community is worth more than Adobe could ever compensate for.  These businesses have already invested a tonne of money either to train themselves and their staff to use the product ā€¦ or as a client, to get a web presence built.  To announce to businesses that the work they have been doing/paying for over the past two years will now have to be redone is just not how an upstanding organisation should play the game.  Everyone is now under pressure to find ways to do this ā€¦ and it will be a long handed undertaking, so a year (max) to get it done is no comfort ā€¦ particularly as operating software and web architecture is constantly changing day by day, so our sites could be broken tomorrow or in a month from now when the landscape of the internet changes.

Purchase and discount

This should have been titled ā€œPurchase, discount, refund, cessation of subscription, loss of long time users, lack of future referralsā€ ... have Adobe really considered the on flow of this decision?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for not having met your requirements with my responses completely, but am doing the best I can with the information I have at hand.

That being said, I thank you for summarizing all the posts on the forum and providing a comprehensive reply. On my behalf, I promise that I will share this feedback with the team and people that matter to see if they have anything to add to what has not already been said.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As actions speak louder than words, that is what is needed here, not words ... reinstatement of muse / bc and a 10 year commitment (plus blogging and ecommerce to be built in) to it so that Adobe can regain the all the trust, loyalty and respect that they undid in one email.

I will keep my Adobe channels open for one month to be informed of notifications of their actions - if by then, nothing has come, I will undertake alternative options, but also find ways that I can improve online web offerings so that we (as smaller business owners) are never held to ransom by big corporates again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

N.A.T., I agree very much to your statements. Thank you for your objective and large summary above. I and also agree with waiting another 4 weeks and then to decide, that is exactly what I will do as well. I am already checking out Affinity and Webflow. I also think the argument we can still use Muse for years is not valid, like you wrote, the www standards are developing too quick to rely on this.

I will leave the CC for sure if Muse isn't kept, even if I'd like to work with the rest of the applications - it is important to make a statement and show principals to be taken serious as a client in general.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are very welcome.  These comments were a calmer perspective aimed at giving Adobe a realistic view of the potential if they don't revisit this decision.  There are a lot of people here that have been severely disadvantaged by posting, I was hoping they might see reason.  My earlier comments were to make them take notice about the possibility that they might lose their customer (me) but then thought about the range their actual audience had and realised it was much worse, so I felt it needed to be said to them ... whether they are actually listening is the question ... if they aren't then nothing will change and I will leave them to their business and not develop websites anymore ... which means I won't have need of their creative suite and won't use their marketing products either. I don't want to have to fill my head with html, css, json ... or shopify's liquid language.  I just want to speak plain english, not klingon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets consider a few facts in how this effects designers and clients, by comparisson (I can not believe ADOBE did not go through this thought process or if they did, they didnt care) If you where to discontinue Illustrator a vector program used to create illustrations, logos, quick brochures, flyers etc, well if that where to dissappear the client still has the final files that he needs to re print or use the files, or even if you need to modify them chances are very easy to modify in any other vector program, same story for Photoshop (though yes both of these programs are strong, they would not really kill or hurt any of our businesses as designers, NOW killing a program that delivers the final product to the client as well as the creation of such is equal to killing illustrator and indesign as well as the printers where a client could print them and telling us to find another way to reproduce these designs for our clients , hmmm maybe using a photocopy machine. See MUSE is a tool, that gives the designer the ability to design and produce websites as well as publish these or export them as a finished product in HTML, taking business catalyst, not too much of a loss, though it was a great companion, there are other places to put our finished products, but killing the tool is just insane. YOU MUST RECONSIDER.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flabbergasted.

How can Adobe expect anyone to ever invest serious time and money in future applications again?

This proves them to be a very unreliable partner, doesn't it?

And stop speaking of transition to alternatives, in your damage control replies, Adobe. There aren't any, and you know it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What!

I cant believe to what i have read

Muse as open a new world to me and let me give more services and advanced more with web design

I always told other people that muse gonna kill Wix and real designers will always prefer a program like muse once they will know how to work with it

I myself thought muse will evolve a code part like in flash when you can open a window and see some of the code or insert part of the code to muse, make it even more great for designers like me who knows a bit of CSS a bit of JS.

the thing with muse for designers is that you can design first and try and change until you like it than improve or add additional code if you need instead of coding and design separately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the discontinuing of Muse, I would recommend taking a look at Webflow. It basically does everything Muse does and a whole lot more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

webflow is too expensive !!

$ 15 per month for only 5 exported sites ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unbearably unacceptable.

Muse was at its early development stage  and have so much potential.

Now what is left for us? Adobe Spark? Adobe XD? Adobe portefolio?? Really...?? REALLY ! ?? How can you do that...

Let's be honest, I understand the whole business side of it.. with Adobe portfolio...right..? Fair enough. But please do not stop Adobe muse.

It is a joke... Muse has a true market for professional that demands more flexibility than these  "Template like" website platform and less complicated than Dreamweaver.

thousands of creative professionals don't have the time to learn how to code.

Muse was an awesome software. easy to get in and very flexible. The Widget thingy inside Muse was really fine too.

Please do not stop the development!!! PLEASE No!!

Please reconsider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not like dumping Illustrator where it affects only the individual, they are dropping businesses, clients, jobs and livelihoods. Families will be affected. This is a disgrace. Charge more if you need to. Don't leave us in limbo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two years ago I attended the Adobe Max conference in San Diego.  At that time, there were countless forums on Adobe Muse which I attended as many as I could.  It was so supported and I was so blown away by the product and it promise, that as an educator, I developed an entire course around teaching Muse to students in our collegeā€™s multimedia program.  These are students who love to design and not be mired down into the particulars of HTML 5, CSS3, and JavaScript code.  In fact, the students love this product for that very reason.  Currently, I am on Spring Break.  I think it sad that I have to go in next week and inform the class that the course and the tool they have been using over the last 10 weeks will be worthless a year from now.  So, it is back to the drawing board.

My biggest question is why the decision to discontinue with support on this product?  I love how Adobe just announces these things and then gives no indication as to what led them to this decision.  It is obvious they did not talk to the people that use the product.  Both frustrated and sad at the same time.  Hopefully, Adobe will reconsider, but I will not hold my breath...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks.  I really hate to say this......and never say never.....but I seriously doubt that Adobe will reverse this decision.  I've seen them discontinue SpeedGrade (and expect one to use Lumetri in Premiere to do professional grades), and discontinue the excellent disc authoring software Encore.  They effectively replaced these with NOTHING despite everyone's loud protests.  I was just learning Muse to build a website and now this.  There seems to be a pattern here......

I wouldn't spend a lot of time hoping that they will reverse this decision.  Based on my experience, they won't.  They just DON'T LISTEN to their customer base.  I think we all have to make our own decisions as to the future.  Any way you slice it, all of this doesn't look so good for Adobe and their customer relations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heres a link to the petition they need to know how important Muse is

https://www.change.org/p/adobe-systems-adobe-do-not-discontinue-muse?recruiter=684197567&utm_source=...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe since the early nineties when Photoshop arrived as a set of floppy disks (remember them). Products have come along and gone since then mainly due to newer improved applications being introduced. However, for the first time ever I am seriously hacked of to hear that Muse is being shelved. DECIDEDLY POOR DECISION GUYS. Muse was a joy to learn and is a pleasure to use. I'm not a coder and I don't want to be one, DW is not for me so with no alternative I'm going to look else where for a solution.

I have seen Spark mentioned so downloaded them, NOT IMPRESSED, its a gloryfied phone app. I fear whats coming as the Spark web solution.

ADOBE THINK AGAIN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realised that the Adobe Symposium (digital marketing) in Australia is on right now. Adobe Summit 2018 | The Digital Marketing Conference | March 25ā€”29, 2018  The keynote will be on that site soon and I am interested to know how they spin the direction of Adobe to all those advertising folk who probably are advocates of Muse also.  I would so wish those that are there vocalise any disappointment so that Adobe realise this decision transcends the "few"Muse users that they think they have "inconvenienced".  If I wasn't faced with upcoming costs to REBUILD my websites using another platform (or hire someone else to do it), I would fly to Sydney and picket the event to bring attention to the hardship that Adobe's decision has put on the designer web community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe,

Please reconsider discontinuing Muse. There are so many designers that depend on this piece of software. It is a great product and deserves to be continued. Please don't do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 23 years of using Adobe products almost exclusively for print and web design, I have never seen this company act so disrespectfully and cavalierly towards its users. I have spent thousands of hours designing Muse sites for my clients and now that investment is worthless. I'm infuriated. I truly wish I wasn't an expert in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat, because if I wasn't, I would quit Adobe in a heartbeat. I've made a 23-year investment in Adobe and their products, and by discontinuing Muse without a care for me and my livelihood, they have thrown me away like last day's garbage. Ending Adobe Muse and Business Catalyst is unforgivable. ADOBE, YOU SUCK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has any one of you seen the code that Muse produces? You thought Adobe would keep this tool alive just so people can see more poorly optimized websites? If you want to build a decent website easily, you should start by learning HTML, CSS & JavaScript, and try to use some of the frameworks like Bootstrap, Foundation, Bulma, etc... You'll see that this isn't just about dragging and dropping elements onto a canvas and you're going to be able to understand how it actually works and how to fix something when it doesn't work (while not being restricted to a GUI tool that doesn't hide the structure behind it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what happens when one allows the tool to call all the shots. It produces a heavy sense of reliability on said tool. And when it fails, there goes the neighborhood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thatlizarddude I  think you are missing the point. What most of us are saying is me either donā€™t have the time or desire to learn to code. I am a mechanical engineer. There are many things that I understand how they work because that interest me. I donā€™t expect other people to learn about stepper motors just so they can understand how their little robot toy works. If all they want is to buy a kit and put it together then that is perfect. For me Muse is a robot kit. It has its limitations but it works for me. I have plenty of things I want to learn, HTML is not on my list.  Do you actually use Muse or are just gracing us with your presence to show off your superiority?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The point and benefits of Muse somehow sailed right over your head - those who use it dont WANT to learn code. For example, I own a small company and have created the business website on Muse - and its worked very, very well for my specific needs and hit the sweet spot of easy design/visual control without endless technical knowledge or coding and sucking up too much time.

If you hate the concept of a platform that codes for you such as Muse - perhaps you should take your pompous 2 cents elsewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines