• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Contact form fields syncing with BC

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a nice looking form in Muse with the given Name field in the widget panel.  I created single line fields for Last Name and Preferred Greeting.  I published it through BC.  When I go into BC and look at my CRM, only the First Name appears (that was obtained from Muse's one name field) in the Sur name field box.

How do I get a Muse form to talk equally with the fields in BC?  (First Name to First Name, Last Name to Sur Name, etc.)  Especially if I have an automatic email reply, it would be nice to say Dear First Name... 

I know how to create a form in BC, but customizing seems like a lot of steps still without the ability to customize the look/font/branding.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

This can not be achieved by designing in Muse and publishing to BC

But as per my workaround , you can go opposite to what you are doing.

So , create a webform in BC and copy the HTML codes of that web form and paste it in Muse

Adding a gif to show how you can copy the HTML codes from BC

bc.gif

Once you paste this code in Muse design, publish your file , now only thing which is left will be your styling to the forms so for that you can do manual coding in BC.

Hope this will be helpful !

Also I will suggest yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kim,

My first question will be if you do have active Business catalyst subscription ?

If yes then you can directly contact Business Catalyst Support and they will help you to achieve your target.

But if you do not have a subscription with BC do not go for more customization as when you are ready to upload your files to third party hosting Muse will export the script for form in PHP codes so the time you will invest in customization on BC will be a waste.

When we talk of how Muse interacts with Bc then there a concept of "Web Forms" in BC so when you add any form in Muse file and upload it to BC server it will create a web form and every field in the form will have a id assigned to it which will be added to BC web form with the same id.

Hope this is helpful !

Thanks

Prabhakar Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I have a subscription and see how it interacts with BC.  The problem is that I want to separate first name and last name and have it identify within BC as first name and last name.  But Muse only has one name field.  BC separates the two words into first name and last name.  But I would like that control.  Is there a way to associate a custom single line text field in Muse to a specific name field in BC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can not be achieved by designing in Muse and publishing to BC

But as per my workaround , you can go opposite to what you are doing.

So , create a webform in BC and copy the HTML codes of that web form and paste it in Muse

Adding a gif to show how you can copy the HTML codes from BC

bc.gif

Once you paste this code in Muse design, publish your file , now only thing which is left will be your styling to the forms so for that you can do manual coding in BC.

Hope this will be helpful !

Also I will suggest you to please get in touch with BC chat support.

Thanks

Prabhakar Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you - that is what I ended up doing but I think manual coding defeats the purpose of Muse.  Hopefully that will be a feature in future updates.  (Yes, I suggested that.)

Thank you,

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines