• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

crossbrowser testing

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have any suggestions for cross-browser, cross-platform site testing strategies?

I am a tourist web-designer (i.e., not my day job) who doesn't need a high-end subscription service. I would like to exercise due diligence, however. Are there any reasonably priced (or free) emulators for common browsers on Windows, macOS, Android, iOS?

TIA

Richard Hurley

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google's own Chrome will reasonably emulate their own Android version of the same browser via the debug console - naturally because it's their own code. Other browsers like Firefox can be made to mimic some of these behaviors as well by toggling the right knobs in their debug tools. Otherwise I'd not go crazy over it. It's simply impossible to test all browsers and devices and Muse does a few things that will always limit page compatibility.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… and now you certainly are going to tell us some of these „few things“, which „will always limit page compatibility“, aren’t you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, folks. Many good suggestions here. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines