• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FaceBook Follow widget definitely not working

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This suddenly stopped working, without any changes to my site, so I suspect FB changed something.

Note that FB "Like" Widget IS working. Inserting "FaceBook Follow" widget gives me "!" triangle in an empty box, even with all of the default "Muse" parameters.

Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

To be perfectly clear, I DO NOT think this is a Muse issue - It seems that Facebook changed something about the way their "Follow" code works, or took it out completely. I have scoured the internet on how to manually add this, and I could NOT find any code that works. Even the FB pages that used to provide sample code on this are now broken links:

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/follow-button​

And, no "Follow" plugin at all in the FB Social Plugins page:

Social Plugins - Documentation - Facebook for Developers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here doesnt work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, the "Follow"-widget doesn't work...
The "Like"-widget work.

...but I need the "Follow"-widget

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Muse Team - please provide an answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

We have marked this issue as a bug and made our engineering team aware of it.

Will update this threads shortly with further findings.

Inconvenience is deeply regretted.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for cracking ice... I just PAID my website host service provider (web.com) to fix the Muse reCAPTCHA2 not working issue, and the next day my Facebook Follow quits working. Wow, surprise, surprise. After surfing the Adobe Forums on this issue I find out I'm not the only one who now has this New Facebook Follow issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be perfectly clear, I DO NOT think this is a Muse issue - It seems that Facebook changed something about the way their "Follow" code works, or took it out completely. I have scoured the internet on how to manually add this, and I could NOT find any code that works. Even the FB pages that used to provide sample code on this are now broken links:

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/follow-button​

And, no "Follow" plugin at all in the FB Social Plugins page:

Social Plugins - Documentation - Facebook for Developers

I challenge anyone to provide a code example of the WORKING FB "Follow" button (Not Like or Share)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. This indeed may NOT be a Muse issue. My initial thought was my web hosting service provider messed up my Facebook Follow, as FB follow seemed to be working just fine up and until I paid my provider to fix the php.ini to resolve reCAPTCHA2 not working. I want the solution, but I don't want to keep paying for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, I couldn't find it either, looks as if Facebook may have dropped the Follow button. I just used what appears to be an updated Like button, which now shows the like and share buttons, as well as the number of people who have "liked"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here it doesnt work ,does this mean ill have to get another widget

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I see, ask FB about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

Would like to contribute to the discussion.

I prefer using special customizable widgets for integrating my Facebook page to the website.

This one is perfect for my purposes: https://elfsight.com/facebook-feed-widget/adobe-muse/

Advise you to check it.

I use template with full FB page displaying. It’s like 2 in 1, rather convenient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines