• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HAPPY 2022! What Muse replacement are you using now?

Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now 2022.  And Muse has been End of Life for almost 4 years, since 2018.

I'm curious to which software Musers finally decided to switch.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media
TOPICS
End of life

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Happy New Year to you also 🙂

Still maintaing some simple Muse sites currently, but moving to Sparkle

as they had a sale recently for $60 for a perm licence. Sparkle 4 about to drop.

The site import from a published site works reasonably well. No direct Muse import of course.

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sparkle app is for Mac only, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. Mac only.

Importantly, it seems to generate clean, fast, html.

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gonna give the Sparkle a try.. I just lost about 3 sites as a result of this dreaded 500 webfonts error. Changed all of the fonts in the sites and still cant do anything with them.. Cant event export as HTML files ;( . If anybody comes up with a fix that works... Help!!! Are we confident in this Sparkle App?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does this mean: I lost 3 sites? What kind of font do you try to use? Do you have a webfontkit for this? Do you know how to do a webfont kit from any font (you have a license for, of course)?

Sparkle is quite ok but not as versatile as Muse and it is not really easier in handling - it also has some culprits to be worked with/on. It has some advantages, though.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fotoroeder,

I am unable to export my site and they will not upload either... I keep getting this error.

Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 8.37.01 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So again, which font(s) do you use? Is this/Are these font(s) from typekit or selfhosted?

Also watch this, please:  https://community.adobe.com/t5/muse-discussions/typekit-fonts-missing-in-muse/m-p/13443171#M51788

Kind Regards and Happy Christmas,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Xara Web Designer. In some ways a fair substitute. For me it offers all the versatility without any need for coding as did Muse. I'm suprised this Xara software doesn't get the accliam it so deserves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested Xara ages ago and the code it generated was garbage.  Maybe they improved it, let's hope so.  In any case,  I think Xara is Windows only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sparkle, now I'm getting the hang of it finding it really good, still an issue with clients as lots of sites to change over. The personal technical help is brilliant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Duncan is very reponsive to support questions

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Duncan is very reponsive to support questions

By @EuanWilliamson

========

Who's Duncan??  😱  

I'm guessing you posted this to the wrong board. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nancy OShea It was a reply to @yardgirl-gb 

Duncan is one of the developers behind Sparkle. He's always monitoring their forums (a bit like us!) to give support

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh.  I see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Elementor builder for Wordpress. It's a good visual interface for responsive page design, and I'm anticipating improved page layout workflow with Elementor's flexbox containers (in beta). Wordpress is a vast and powerful ecosystem Adobe never even tried to match. The only thing I miss about Muse is its heirarchical thumbnail site map, but there's probably a plug-in for WP that offers something like that — if I bothered to look. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Now 2023 and I think maybe I have hit the Muse wall because I just got a new computer. For some sites I have been using WO/code. https://www.wocode.com/ A couple of others are still running on Muse. I came her to find the download link for the old software, but the installer does not work on my new system Ventura 13.0. I am debating weather the Protools link (recommended elsewhere on this site is worth trying) I have enjoyed WithoutCode. I like the people running the latform. It is a bit blocky but has been working for the small sites I do. I really miss Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on what you need the site to do, many former Muse users have switched to WordPress with Elementor's click & drag designer plugin.  

https://elementor.com/

WordPress is an open source CMS used by millions of websites worldwide.  There's no shortage of support & documentation for it -- from free and premium Themes to all manner of plugins for e-commerce, real estate, travel, restaurant reservations & take out, multi-lingual sites, etc...

https://WordPress.org

Hope that helps.

Happy 2023!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying, Nancy, but I am comitted to my current platform (loyalty good or bad?) I'm an accomplished artist, but not so interested in web programming, so Muse allowed creativity without technicality. The few sites I have remaining, I would like to keep going if possible (Client does not want to change the look, and I am not up to recreating them on another platform.) I have tried Wordpress in the past, and have been able to do some simple things, but the depth of the Wordpress ecosystem is confusing at best. Every plug-in requires its own, payment, password, updates, upgrades. And will it work with any other plug in?? So if you want to have web design be your major thing, well maybe OK. Happy New Year again. I guess I will go back to seting up my new computer and just fire up the old Trashcan (Late 2013) when I have to update a Muse site. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Barbara MillsTotal agree. I just ran into this situation. Was fully aware that Muse was dead a few years back but didnt expect that the sites I built would become compromised by other add ons such as webfonts and typekit. All I wanted to do was have the ability to update the sites created years ago. Decided to give Sparkleapp a chance and so far so good. Seems to be solid. (hopefully they dont end this app in the near future as well). I utilized Muse for all the same reasons. I understand basic code and I can get into the code language to find errors in most cases. But I'd rather focus on the creative side and avoid the technical deep dive. So far no help on the error 500 webfont issue. Try Sparkleapp its much like Muse. Not as deep with graphic controls but if you are crafty you can work around the short comings and they seem to be pushing updates that capture some of the shortcomings..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines