• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can i create a multilingual website?

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created my website with Adobe Muse in Turkish.But i also want to add another language(English).There will be two buttons TR and EN,when you click on them,it will direct you to Turkish or English site.Do i have to create to master pages or what? I cannot solve the problem about this.I will be grateful for your answer.

Sincerely Yours.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

If your master page has content that would be different for both the languages i.e. Text, then you definitely need a separate set of Master pages to base your respective site pages on.

So, create a Master page for your Turkish pages and a Master page for your English pages. Place the TR and EN links on both the Master pages to direct to correct language's Home Page.

Thanks,

Vikas

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, to be honest, it's not that hard to create multilingual websites with muse. Here's another sample with my own website -> http://www.alexanderdort.com

This site is made with two master pages (one for English as main page and another one in German hosted in a separate folder named '/de') and yes, you will need to hard-code the flag links. But the nice thing is: for the publishing process, Muse recognizes the last folder and URL you have used for the process so the only thing you have to do after the masterwork is done is to publish both masters seperately in case of changes or updates.

Best regards,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and yes, you will need to hard-code the flag links.

Hi Alexander, what does that mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see there are language flags on the right hand upper corner of each page. These flags (or menu items if you prefer) have to get linked with the translated page of your preferred additional language version of that page manually, because Muse can't do that automatically right now. For example my homepage in english is www.alexanderdort.com/index.html so the german flag on that page has to point to www.alexanderdort.com/de/index.htm (because my German version is hosted in the '/de' folder) and vice versa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Achso ! Ithought it had to be more complicated.

I said so many times as well to the same question. Some users are not familiar with subfolders on their ftp.

Thanks and Grüße

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

I'm a complete newbie to Muse. Here's what I've got so far: HOME

I need to make a French version (exactly what you did with your site, but English/French instead of English/German).

When you say, in a separate folder named '/de', what do you mean? I don't see any subfolder possibilities in Muse.

Thanks in advance,

Joanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the perfect solution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbq1vGnc6UY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's 2020 now.  As an update to this old thread from 2012, DO NOT use discontinued Muse. 

Instead, switch to WordPress + WPML (multi-lingual) plugin.

================
Important Announcement about Muse
As of July 31, 2020 sites published using Adobe Muse will no longer be editable with Adobe In-Browser editor.
Effective September 26, 2021 Business Catalyst hosting will end.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines