• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can i integrate Wordpress in my Muse website?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2013 Mar 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying different things, i still can't figure out how to integrate a Wordpress blog in my Muse website... I can't seem to find an easy way by iframing or by changing html codes...

On wordpress website they are saying it's possible by adding a php code into a current PHP page... but muse only does HTML . and just renaming the page in PHP doesn't work neither... Has anyone succeeded doing this?

Wordpress is used a lot, it should be one of the features of Muse..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Hi There.

So the solution for this requires two things. Well actually you could do it in your OS's build in explorer and the text editor of choise, but that would take ages to complete.

So how do we quicken up the process, and what do i actually want you to do here. Well...

.html files can be converted into .php files with no loose whatsoever. The reason it breaks a site created in Adobe Muse is because the code generated by Muse refers to .html files and not .php files. So you need to rename ALL y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Wussypants.... that was a really helpfull movie! Can't wait to see the next part.... PHP to Wordpress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2013 Nov 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright there. So i've been rather busy lately. Both school and a part time job that requires the time of a full time job, can sometimes limit your time. Anyways. I hope to put the wordpress part up soon enough. Though i must say, if you've manually set up wordpress before, and have just a slight knowledge of coding, you should already now be able to take advantage of the wordpress database.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2014 Jan 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the second part coming soon? Thank you so much Wussypants... i hope you can explain the second part soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very interesting I'm excited to see the wordpress part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob!

You know that Muse doesn´t accept php code!

How do you insert Wordpress php code into Muse (Muse is based on html)?

We are very interested to know how do you make this trick in practice (maybe a video tutorial)?

I point out that here is a question about blog from Wordpress into Muse, not opposite.

Best Regards

TaikaJim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you even read his tutorial?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently working on a solution for exactly this problem. I have a WAMP testing server, and I am using a skeletal WordPress theme (http://themble.com/bones/) as my "framework". I built the entire site using this flow: PhotoShop > Adobe Animate > Muse [this makes up the basic, functional HTML site] - I then created a new Dreamweaver site and assembled copies of all of my files there for work. Once I had the site functioning on my WAMP server, I pulled the Muse files apart using NotePad++ into Header/Page/Footer sections. Previously in Muse, I marked areas for these things using the "Insert HTML" function. I was able to easily assemble the HTML site pages in WordPress by using template pages. Here is an example of how I structured the pages:

HTML SITE:                                   WORDPRESS SITE:

index.html                   >>               [header-home.php] + [page-home.php] + [footer-home.php]

contact.html                >>               [header-contact.php] + [page-contact.php] + [footer-contact.php]

and so forth. It is a little extra work but once you learn to "tag" sections as you create in Muse and then reassemble in Dreamweaver and NotePad++ it works just fine. If you do it correctly, you get the full benefit of WordPress and all its functions but retain the exact look and feel of your site as you designed it. The site is currently on my testing server while I check stability and platforms, but once I have it working I will post a link for everyone to look at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks promising... Will keep an eye out for further developments

Nice video tutorial would be beneficial

Thanks anyway for the post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional tip on this process - if you have headers and footers that are the same across multiple pages, you can create header-common.php and footer-common.php files which will speed up your work process in WordPress. Make sure you tag the "get_header( )" and "get_footer( )" function calls correctly for each page-[name].php, or WordPress will just call its fallback "header.php" or "footer.php". Be sure to check that all your scripts for any given page are in the correct places (which is why I like to create individual headers and footers).

Working on a vid tut.....

Thanks, J Yas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I look forward to a video tutorial..

thanks your work is precious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you go a little more in depth about this? I would absolutely love to see a video tutorial.

If you're too busy to make one, then you could explain the process more to me, and I'll make the tutorial for everyone else.

Thanks man. I'm really looking forward to getting this to work. This is the only place I've found where someone has said they made WordPress work with Muse.

Awaiting your reply :]

~ Jak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. I am not able to pop a video tutorial right now but I can give you a brief explanation. First you have to have a good understanding of the WordPress framework and PHP, and you need to understand the files Muse produces as well. Are you good to this point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2014 Apr 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a basic understanding of html and PHP, but am new to Muse and WordPress. I'm currently learning the WordPress file structure. I will learn both of them, so feel free to explain like I already do. However, a bit more explanation in those areas would be nice.

Thanks again man!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Email me. I will be happy to help. sfinlan@graphicimag.es

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 13, 2014 May 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way I could get a copy of that email?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To: jp.26

Go to the following YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iufULiz22uM

The answer to your question will be addressed starting at 12:40/19:30 into the YouTube video.

Good luck,

Bob Penzien

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Email me.

- Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer to your question will be addressed starting at 12:40/19:30 into the YouTube video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep - using the blank page/include without link allows you to link a blog to a Muse site. If this is what you are looking to do it works great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have opted for this solution on my blog http://www.howallwork.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I also get a copy of the email? I have been hanging out for a real solution on this forever!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To: fuelstudio

Re: How can I integrate Wordpress in my Muse website?

Good luck,

Bob Penzien

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using >> feed/,mikle.com << to pull in the Wordpress RSS feed and embedding the provided html. I'm using it as a widget on my home page for now but we might be able to integrate it in multiple ways on our sites. This works for me.

My site: www.differentdezine.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2014 Aug 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to work using iFrame.

it is not finished but here is the test I did: news1

Just have to fix the wordpress blog now.

Here is the iframe code I used:

<iframe id="myIframe" src="http://peterhofstetter.com/fotoshooting-fotos/" height="2000" width="1500"<FRAMEBORDER="0" FRAMESPACING="0" BORDER="0" NORESIZE scrolling="yes">

</iframe>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2014 Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you just want a blog, look this, www.nabble.com. Go to Start a Blog, look the Options > Embed Options (only available after the email confirmation).

Now, just copy and paste the embed code in your site on Muse, design mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines