• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make long navbar same height as body (by scrolling feature) in Adobe Muses?

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to make long menu navbar same size as body by using a scroll feature in Adobe Muse? I have about 168 items (yeah a lot!) but don't want the whole body move down along with the navbar menu - instead - HOW do I make it scrollable at the same height as body? PLEASE HELP! I have a major deadline - many widgets and code generators don't help. The menu will have to be linkable to a specific site (yeah total of 168 pages).

Also, if I have to create one manually in Dreamweaver - how do I make Muse and Dreamweaver linkable?

Thanks!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you provide a screenshot or a drawing of what you want? Do you talk about "same size as body" in height? And what exactly means: make it scrollable at the same height as body?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like the nav bar to be as high as the map. Thus a scrolling navbar.

Cheers,

Shane

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 3:00 PM, fotoroeder <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure! I'd like the navbar to be as high as the US Map - thus making navbar scrollable.

Many thanks and cheers!

Shane

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 3.08.04 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi shaned,

Looking at the issue description it looks like you want a section (nav panel) in your site to be full height and should have a scroll bar right?

You may do this with the help of an external widget.

Have a look on this website where you can get required widget - Scrollable Text Frames – Adobe Muse Widget Directory

Also, I would like to invite fotoroeder who is expert in handling such type of queries to see any other way around.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah - that's right - scrollable text frames - I've tried many sites - but the link you provided isn't working - will see if I can "search" for it in the Muse Widget Directory.

MANY THANKS! This is going to iPAD - that's why I set up the height to fit an iPAD only -

Your help/support is much appreciated.

Shane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you provide the .muse? Just this one page?

Hi ankushr40215001​, I was already in here from the beginning but thanks for the invitation .

As of this reading I did only find this: https://musewidgets.com/search?q=scrollable+text​

Your link was somehow broken, but I "felt" what you think of – let´s see the .muse to play around.

shaned38204894​ , Referring to your deadline, I couldn´t promise anything. It´s not best practice to put pressure on us, though.

Looking forward to the file

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could think of the map, being a fullscreen slideshow or browserfill.

The menubar would be the " normal but pinned to the left, content.

What should be the target, what should happen in the different states/cities/areas of the map?

This seems to be even more challenging.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - the map part is easy - I add dots to the locations. The reason for the scrolling menu so that people may prefer using the menu instead of dots of cities on the map.

Thanks for the link - will the vertical menu from the widget library be able to go inside of the scrolling box widget (from the link you provided me)?  I've tried creating html codes in Dreamweaver to see if I can come up with something - but then I realized I'd have to create <a href= ></a> on every single one instead of using hyperlink feature in Muse. Ahh - and I'm not successful in creating a scrollable content box in Dreamweaver - tried using different Widget libraries - but again doesn't allow me to put the vertical menu navbar inside of it.

Shane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to send you the file -

But this is what I did: I used vertical menu from widget library - and I kept adding more buttons - maybe if you can try that and see if you can make that scrollable within the height that you want (for me, the height of the map).

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 4.39.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply try it.

As I suggested, it would try/recommend not to use a 3rd party widget.

Try the Map as fullscreen OR if you know it is only for tablet, create the map with scroll motion effect "0" and the menu just as " normal" content. May look weird in design view – like your screenshot or worse but should work, once it is published.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!

Put it in your Creative Cloud Files -folder , inside another folder, share it.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I sent you a file link - LMK if it finds you well.

Cheers,

Shane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you send a link or do you send link?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I sent a link before in your private messenger?

I will be back on Wednesday

S

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 3:14 PM, fotoroeder <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn`t get it so far.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines