Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import HTML into Muse

Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't Muse import an HTML document?  Surely this has to be a feature that is necessary for converting old sites?

TOPICS
Feature requests

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a section in the drop down menu to add html. Go to Object, insert HTML.

Now if only I could find the form builder - I found it the other day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to be able to import an entire HTML document, not just a snippet or object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be a very nice feature, being able to go both ways

muse<->html<->muse<--->htmil etc etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we agree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2012 Aug 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

scribebc, I guess you better not wait for a feature to convert old html pages in Muse pages, as it is probably very hard to develop. Muse builds pages in a specific way, with master pages and so on, and if you want to convert a previous website you need to rebuild it. A conversion tool looks very hard to build, at least because the final result could be very messed up. The capability to import snippets of code or "html objects" is intended to put in your pages features that Muse is not yet capable to provide, and not to import old html code from your previous website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 12, 2012 Aug 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont think this feature will fly with the way Muse is developed. In addition sites often changes approximately annually. I would vote this down as not a front burner feature for so many designers. Hope you dont mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2012 Sep 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no need for this.

Just do it like you have to do in HTML editors. Simply insert code for an IFRAME in the INSERT HTML submenu of the OBJECT MENU. IFRAME is the HTML 5 standard for inserting complete websites into a different page.

And this works in MUSE very well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm agree, muse need to import html page, but template from DW too as gabarits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I maka the structure of a website for someone with DW (template, differents  html pages with pictures) but he is a graphist and want to work with muse, beecause he don't want to go in the code.

Do I need to rebuild the entire website in Muse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a must have.

I had to have my boyfriend add some stuff and change some things in my website manually within the code and it would be nice to be able to import back the HTML files into muse to work on the website again within Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines