• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Support for Adobe Muse ends today

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on the announcement in March 2018, support for Adobe Muse ends today. In line with this announcement, there will be no phone or chat support for Adobe Muse. This forum will remain open for user to user interactions but will have no employee presence or support.

For those of you that are still subscribed, you can continue using Muse. You will be able to open and edit existing websites or create new websites with the application. However, it is likely that future changes to web standards and browser technology will render Muse obsolete for website building and editing.

Thanks,

Preran

MODERATOR'S NOTE:

As of July 31, 2020 sites published using Adobe Muse will  no longer be editable using the Adobe In-Browser editing solution.

Sites hosted on Business Catalyst will have to be republished to another hosting platform to remain live after September 26, 2021, when Business Catalyst hosting is no longer available. For more details, see the Business Catalyst announcement page.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Hi all,

The article on Muse EOL has been updated to provide clarity around the policy https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/kb/adobe-muse-end-of-service.html

Just to be sure, there has been no change to the policy itself.  

To summarize the article:

• Singe app license holders must migrate to the CC all apps plan to continue using Adobe Muse.
  • If you have a current subscription with Creative Cloud all apps, you should be able to locate Muse in the Older Apps section. To access Older Apps section, n

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Hi Sonja,

I'm sorry to say there is no direct migration path to any other similar program.

It's a question often asked here and I wish there was a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 160 Replies 160
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even this is really complicated, I built a lot of huge websites, to build this again with a new tool would cost me many weeks of work and nobody would pay it, no good solution 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My largest website is about 150 pages with all others being less than 20 (usually 5 or 6 pages). I was using Serif WebPlus and was convinced to start using Muse, which I really liked. I am not really involved in websites any longer, other than to maintain existing sites and do a very occasion upgrade from WebPlus to Muse.

The solution will depend on the contract you have with clients. Notify them that the software used until now is being phased out and will no longer be reliable for updates. Set a date for cut-off support and offer a new web build at a fair rate. Only you can decide what is best, but assuming you are running a business, you need to plan your way through it. Outside of a contract, I wouldn't be offering my services for free. Both you and your clients will have to work through the crappy job Adobe have made of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is terrible, forcing people to pay to use full CC to use Muse.  Muse is the only package I used.

Why did they not end support, but allow continued usage.  This is a ridiculous decision.

Adobe is in danger of disappearing up it's own backside with a million and one apps in CC that no will use or want to pay for!

Very poor sorry!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I was greeted with teh same problem other users have reported, with one difference. I had received an email a few days ago to renew my plan. When I llogged in, I was asked to update payment details, which I did...to PayPal account. This worked and I was given the green flash bar to say my details were successfully changed. However, it made no difference when today I tried to access one of my not-for-profit websites. I could not access the site and Adobe would not let me renew my subscription....which I had used since 2016 on the same debit card.

I contacted chat support. I can honestly say I have never dealt with such a pair of obnoxious, fauxly empathetic numbskulls in my life. I explained the situation to the agent. I told him my payment card was still valid, but my payment details were not being accepted. He suggested the best thing to do was to cancel the subscription and start a new on. I warned that I was a Muse user and wanted to be sure that I would not lose access and he seemed unconcerned by this, so he went ahead and cancelled the sub and told me to buy the muse package sub. Of course, I could not do this, as it was not available. 

After reporting this to him, he told me that Muse is no longer available. He blamed me on the payment not going through and callously suggested I buy Adobe XD....claiming it was exactly the same as Muse and has all the same features. My stomach turned at the idea of what this fool was telling me. I was adamant that it was Muse, Muse, Muse. He suggested Dreamweaver.......I can't code!! It was an endless circle of stupidity. He had cancelled my sub, blamed me for not renewing....and was completely unaware of what he was doing, having zero product knowledge, seemingly he must have been the janitor who was eating lunch at an agents desk. I demanded a manager.....three times. He linked me to a suspect looking website to download Muse....but I told him I have the App already, that I only needed my sub reinstated to access it.

Floor supervisor gets on. Just as useless as the last guy. Repeated the same things. Refused to acknowledge his agents errors and insisted that Muse is no longer available to use. Told me several times it was not possible to use Muse since last month. I found information from here to say that full suite users could still access Muse. This is what I did. I have had to subscribe to a much more expensive plan when I only use Muse. Adobe NEVER made this clear and all communication I had suggested that Muse users could continue to use after March 26th. 

Adobe, with all due respect, you are a disgusting company for deliberately misrepresenting your intentions to your loyal customers and for failing miserably to inform your support staff, who were utterly clueless and lacking in any support capacity. It is clear that GREED got the better of you here, as you are strong arming Muse customers into purchasing a full package they do not want to subscribe to. Photobucket did something similar. Look what happened to that company. Shame on you Adobe! Spit in our faces at a time the world is on its knees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is quite sickening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And to my absolute astonishment Adobe sent me the following email yesterday:

Niets is mooier dan een fantastische comeback. Ook voor jou. Tijdens je afwezigheid hebben we hard gewerkt aan gloednieuwe functies, talloze zelfstudies en 24/7 ondersteuning. Maak je beste ideeën nog beter – geef MUSE nog een kans en maak vandaag nog een meesterwerk.

Translation: Nothing is more beautiful than a fantastic comeback. For you as well. While you were gone we have been working hard on brand new functionality, countless self studies en 24/7 support. Improve your best ideas today - GIVE MUSE ANOTHER CHANCE en create a masterpiece today.

I'm completely appauled that Adobe would send me this after making sure I'm unable to access any of my clients websites because Adobe is breaking its promise that Muse users would be able to keep using the program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, today I received the following email from Adobe CS.

Thank you for contacting adobe, As per the conversation  we ha ve informed you that adobe muse is discontinued from adobe and you can use adobe xd as this is an upgraded version and you can use and work on this platform as well.

Link for XD tutorials - https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/tutorials.html

Thanks for working with us,  Adobe Customer Care  

How can we take anything they say as credible when this is what is being sent officially by them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you say we can still use Muse.... then tell me how please.  all I've seen is complaints how none of us can use it anymore.  I cannot open it at all since Adboe bothers to "cancel my subscription".  there is NO older apps section when I log in to CC and check settings.   when I rebooted my computer this morning it will not not loet me open Muse at all.  How am I supposed to continue to work on site I still have in Muse if I cannot even open it????  when this frist happened frist week of April, I was able to at least still download a trial version to keep working, now I cannot even seem to be able to do that!!!  what are we supposed to do now???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I'm a web guy who use(d) Muse to maintain the website of the company that I work for. It's my job! Now I cannot access it, I cannot update our website which certainly damages our business. How should I explain it to my boss?

Adobe! This is absolutely disgusting!!! I don't care about your support for Muse down the road, just LET PEOPLE USE IT! Many of them rely on this software and you are now turning your back on us? So much for customer care!

OK what should we do now? Should we go and re-build a website FROM SCRATCH on another platform? Are you nuts?

No more Adobe apps for me. Thank you. This is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi blackshadow120,

if you work for a company, they should be able to subscribe to the full CC, unfortunately. Different from all the angry writing here (which I understand very well and parts of me do not understand, though), it is being written many times in this forum, that Muse will need the full CC after March 2020. If your company is not willing to subscribe full CC, you may edit your site - even the uploaded one - the live one on the www - with Pinegrow (import and load as a project). As of this writing this is the only one in my experience which lets you import an existing site in a way to work with it like with any other html site. Code from Muse is quite not easy at all (some call it bloaded/bloatet and ridiculous) but as PG also provides at least kind of visual control you may be able to edit content at least. Of course there´s a learning curve for PG. Another downside: PG only provides a 7 day test, which is too little to learn everything but it gives you an idea of how it works and finally you are able to create a new website - no subscription necessary. These are just 2 possibilities and there are quite a few more: Without Code, Wappler, blocs for mac and so on. You may search for alternatives in this forum, too (there´s a list). You may realize, that I cannot recommend an Adobe app right now although there´s Adobe XD which lets you (with a plugin) export html and one might be able to accelerate this html with any code editor, PG is just one of them. Maybe it is an opportunity to subscribe the full CC, use Muse, use XD, learn PG (or any other app) and …

Hope that helps, Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Uwe! Appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may of been written many times on this forum but on Adobe's website it's says otherwise. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uwe, sorry for a stupid question but where do we sign up to get a full CC subscription? I can see they offer only individual apps. And more to the point.. Do you think Adobe will guarantee that Muse works after we make a payment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No stupid question at all - Depending on your destination: https://www.adobe.com/de/products/special-offers.html?promoid=X6FJHS9J&mv=other

Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-16 um 18.06.19.png

To get it to install, watch this: https://community.adobe.com/t5/muse/kann-meine-webseite-via-adobe-muse-nicht-mehr-bearbeiten-abo-ist...

and yes, I think it works finally after payment. Why shouldn`t it? Even if you try now for one month only, you may see, what happens. And if you have the same discount ( I guess it is because of the COVID-19?) it shouldn´t be too expensive anyway.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe, can you confirm that if upgrading to the All Apps plan now, Muse will continue to be available? I currently have separate plans for Muse, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop & Lightroom. Altogether they are ~$50 so I'm ok with upgrading to the All Apps plan, but I just want to confirm that it does in fact allow me to access my copy of Muse that is currently installed on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it works on my side. What else can I say? I am not a staff member, I have to trust what they say to us, even ACP´s cannot guarantee for everything but it is written several times here in this forum that it works like this. So … Go for it,

Kind Regards,

Uwe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice. It did work for me. As soon as I upgraded to All Apps (for $30 instead of $50), I had access to all my Muse files again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding my post from 16/04/2020 seems to be fine. It is € 35,69 in Germany or accross  Europe probably.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jep, ... but just for the first year...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I highly recommend to move in between that year to something else than Muse. It is really unpredictable when sites, done with Muse or Muse itself doesn`t do its job. It my be an update of the OS (quite unlikely …) or an upgrade to another OS or browser update/-upgrade. You should start to try to rebuild or even make it better your existing site(s). Why not give it a try with either PG (non-Adobe) or XD (Adobe). Just to be prepared. You may need some time, learning the stuff, but hey … XD is free for you now anyway.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my new tool is webflow, I really can reccommend it, price similar to muse before. I made the last 10 sites with it but still have many old muse sites 🙈

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...but it is more expensive...or am I wrong? There you pay for each page ... an I have many different pages, I have to programm somewhere else 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, if you export as HTML, you can build 10 websites with 17 EUR monthly, unlimited websites 34 EUR or something like that. I am not using the hosting function. And the responsive stuff is more easy than in Muse for my opinion 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what about sitejet.io ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, vous avez un lien pour trouver ce logiciel s'il vous plait ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines