• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inbrowser editing problems

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated Muse to 2018.1. Running Win10.

First issue was after uploading new files and getting the old files missing/not found error. I was able to fix that an hour later.

Worst problem is that the upgrade apparently knocked out Inbrowser editing. I now get the error message when logging in:

The hostname or server address you specified is not publicly accessible. When you publish a site,specify an address that is publicly accessible from the internet.

This hostname, www.the-spar.com, is in fact accessible and available.

Any great ideas?

Thanks!

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Actually Muse was not the culprit, rather it was IBE.

What it took so long is because our engineers were unable to reproduce the issue for a long time.

But one they found that the root cause is in secured layer protocol we started digging in more.

Thereafter we found that some protocols were getting blocked by few hosting servers, and that was causing the issue.

We has to find out each of these blockers on all the different servers and get them white listed which was the main reason of delay.

Apologi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

Thanks for following up.

The address in the muse_manifest.xml file is the same FTP address used to upload the site. I'm unsure of what good it does to log in to the FTP site to enable in-browser editing?

I deleted all HTML files and uploaded again. I verified that the settings int he muse-manifest.xml file were correct to the best of my knowledge.

Still no go.

I also loaded the previous version of Muse where the in-browser editor worked. I deleted the site files and uploaded new ones from the old version. Still no go.

Maybe that's why Adobe is getting rid of Muse... too hard keeping up with the in-browser editing?

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines