• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[LOCKED] Can we please lobby Adobe to make Muse open source?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a long time user of Muse and the programs unique capabilities to be both simple, and versatile, I'm extraordinarily upset to see that Adobe have ended development of this particular application. I've been successfully using it on Windows 7 64 bit for over five years, and love the fact that I can design complex websites without knowing a line of code. Once more it is a fact that so much can be done if one has some imagination as a graphic designer, its user interface truly made this application one of a kind.

Before such, I was kind of restricted to the bloated mess of MS Publisher, simply because I found dreamweaver way to difficult and cluttered. I know searching on the internet this morning, they are thousands of other users who feel the same way, and with this in mind, I would like to ask adobe please if they can consider making Muse an open source project, if they feel that it is no longer viable to service or develop any further. I believe some of the motivation for ceasing the development of Muse was because of the apps messy and bloated coding.

It would boost adobe's image, and would create further good-will in promoting more sales with it's other products; it would be an interesting cross promotion / sales strategy, as Muse integrates perfectly with the rest of the Adobe Suite.

TOPICS
End of life

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will never happen. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kind of expected that kind of response from adobe, already anticipated such, looks like I'll be going back to microsoft publisher. Different kettle of fish, but had a simple feature request for some radio station software from Spacial (adding third playout deck), when speaking to the manager / owner, nothing but full on 100% push back. Saw a petition on the Muse situation last night, and signed it, but as noted, one can't win against a formidable defiant will. Why people have such incredibly stubborn attitudes beat me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nobody here works for Adobe. 

This is a discontinued product, Muse, user-to-user forum.  Nothing more.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines