Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse: Broken Hand Tool

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was asked to start this as the Twitter support couldn't think of anything else.

So basically my adobe muse is broken. Whenever I open it and use the text tool, I try to change tool but it goes to the grab tool and I can't do anything unless I shut it down. I've tried the following:

-Uninstalling and reinstalling (using both creative cloud and cleaner tool)

-Restarting my Mac

-Removing files in the preferences.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

This was a bug in Photoshop once, but didn't hear any complain for Muse till now.

So we can only try what other's have done to resolve the Photoshop issue.

Adobe CC 2017 gets stuck on Hand Tool

Stuck on Hand Tool​

If still this doesn't solve then I would encourage you to report the same to our - Customer Care from where it can be escalated further.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey bubblyboo312,

I went through your Twitter conversation and saw that you have tried all the troubleshooting which could have resolved the issue, but still it is not solved.

But I would like probe on for few things.

Since when have you started noticing this issue?

What the last action performed before you have started noticing this issue?

Do you experience this issue in any other devices as well?

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't often build new websites from scratch so I have only open it up muse a few days ago, it was working fine for while, it wasn't till I tried to edit the Master page menu it started playing up. This is the only device I have used muse on, I remember having a similar issue (can't remember what exactly) but then I updated to the 2018 version it worked fine, though I didn't have to design from scratch at that point. I have had the same issue with Indesign CS6 that I found a lot of people had but it was never resolved so I had to upgrade to CC. 

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you for the valuable inputs.

For further troubleshooting can you please open up a brand new .muse file and see if it behaves similarly?

If not then would you mind sharing your .muse file with us so that we can investigate and try fixing it?

For sharing the file you can follow the steps explained here - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652.

Thanks!

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

I tried to make a new site and it was working but fine. It was when I saved it the problem started up again.

Here is a link to the the new test website

WeTransfer

Let me know if you need anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Thanks for sharing the file, but this isn't an issue with the file, something has to do in your system.

Is it possible for you to take a video grab of your screen by which we can see exactly what is happening at your end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the video.

I see the issue now. Its like while working on Muse the hand tool does not change even after selecting any other tools.

Can you please hit space bar when the hand tool activates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said you reinstalled Muse.  Did you run the CC Cleaner Tool before reinstalling?

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I used the cleaner tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was a bug in Photoshop once, but didn't hear any complain for Muse till now.

So we can only try what other's have done to resolve the Photoshop issue.

Adobe CC 2017 gets stuck on Hand Tool

Stuck on Hand Tool​

If still this doesn't solve then I would encourage you to report the same to our - Customer Care from where it can be escalated further.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines