• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse crashes constantly (workspace error?)

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am working on a site and muse crashes constantly, but I dont understand the error and cant fix it. Can someone help please?

Together with the crash, muse closes and sometimes I can not start it up again. Sometimes it works for half an hour and than crashes..

This is the error I get:

IMG_0286.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

that says that Muse was blocked from the 'Roaming' profile

goto the appdata\ Muse\ owlworkspaces folder and see what is in there... you should have a planworkspace.xml (with no numbers)

I would make a backup folder and move whatever planworkspace.xml you do have to there and then open Muse

make a new site (it doesn't need to be saved)... this should generate a new planworkspace.xml file in your roaming profile and if Muse crashes at that point or doesn't make the new file then imo your system has s

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following step: Deinstall "Creative Cloud" itself by double click the "Uninstall":

Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-21 um 15.47.30.png

You will then get asked wether to repair or really uninstall:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-21 um 15.49.05.png

Click REAPAIR.

Maybe that helps.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fransisxx,

Sorry to hear about the issue you are facing.

You may try uninstall/reinstall and as suggested above by Uwe, however also try to turn off your network for a while, enable the antivirus or firewall if you have any and then try using Muse.

Let us know if that works out for you.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fyi the error says a file can't be reached... in most senarios that is because the Muse file is in a sync folder or your antivirus | firewall is blocking access but I would need more info to track the cause in this case

p.s, the cc cloud and firewall | network steps above are both good tips so try them first

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried first to repair creative cloud, and so far (15min) I did not got the error again. When I get it again I will try the other things.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 min later, got the error again..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the other solutions, but it did not work yet..

This is what my muselog says:

[00:00:57.344] MuseErrorManager:std exception: Could not rename the file 'C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC\2018.1\OWLWorkspaces\PlanWorkspace.13128.140201.xml' to 'PlanWorkspace.xml'.

[00:00:57.875] 17:43:05.557 | quitWithUI:Quitting Application. Called by:

[00:00:58.125] Assert: '266:UpdateWorkspace is not reentrant!

'. .....\..\src\MuseWorkspace.cpp:303 Condition:false

[00:00:58.125] AlertAndExit because of: Assertion failed in file "..\..\src\MuseWorkspace.cpp" at line 303: false

UpdateWorkspace is not reentrant!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that says that Muse was blocked from the 'Roaming' profile

goto the appdata\ Muse\ owlworkspaces folder and see what is in there... you should have a planworkspace.xml (with no numbers)

I would make a backup folder and move whatever planworkspace.xml you do have to there and then open Muse

make a new site (it doesn't need to be saved)... this should generate a new planworkspace.xml file in your roaming profile and if Muse crashes at that point or doesn't make the new file then imo your system has some major issues and I'd consider a rebuild... at the very least I would remove any and all antivirus software and retest again

Screenshot (1235).png

Screenshot (1236).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines