• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

muse failed open, deleted current file, need imported

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week I was opening my site on Muse.  Muse gave me an open error and deleted my site file.  A much needed feature is to recover pages created with Muse.  Please work on that.  It would be so much help. I lost the use of numerous pages with Muse deleting my main file. I do back up at least every other time I use it. So a complete lose would have been really bad. Please Adobe, make a way to import pages created by muse at least.

[Moderator moved from The Lounge to Help with using Adobe Muse CC​.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Muse does force close sometimes when a serious error occurs but never deletes files as long as you have saved them.

If you did not save regularly this only could happen, that the last few steps like adding pages or elements are not there anymore.

I recommend to save it on two separate HD´s between steps. Of course this could be done with time machine in automatic way as well.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally Muse doesn`t delete its files. The only element that gets questioned after at beginning: if the HD with the file is not connected to your computer, you get asked wether to delete the preview thumb. No file will be deleted.

What happened to you?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey roncox,

Very strange, as Uwe said, Muse or I guess any application does not delete their files.

Your file might have been deleted accidentally and Muse does have an auto recovery option.

However, that can't be used to recover a deleted file, it only works if your Muse crashes or closes without giving you chance to save a file.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week when I tried to open my most current file, there was an error and it deleted my most current file with had all my current pages.  Granted the pages aren't totaly lost, but the editing thru Muse is lost.  So I have to recreate the pages because I don't know a lot about backend programing.  Muse does it all for you.  While I created the site with html and Front Page originally and went to Expressions before Muse.  Muse had made it so much easier until the error and delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

roncox  schrieb

Last week when I tried to open my most current file, there was an error and it deleted my most current file with had all my current pages.  Granted the pages aren't totaly lost, but the editing thru Muse is lost.  So I have to recreate the pages because I don't know a lot about backend programing.  Muse does it all for you.  While I created the site with html and Front Page originally and went to Expressions before Muse.  Muse had made it so much easier until the error and delete.

If you delete a file you could not presuppose that Muse saves pages for you. How should Muse save pages?.

Would have been better to still have a backup on external HD before deleting. But most people, me included, sometimes are wiser afterwords .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I know absolutely nothing  of what I say according to your reply.  I do know what deleting files important is, I've done on quite of few times, but this time was not my doing.  Muse gave and error and deleted it.  Now I'm stuck with rebuilding the pages that was created since last backup.  I'm just saying Adobe should devise a way to import the files created by Muse back into the main file.  Enough said, nothing will help now, I'm just stuck with about twenty hours or so of rebuild time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse does force close sometimes when a serious error occurs but never deletes files as long as you have saved them.

If you did not save regularly this only could happen, that the last few steps like adding pages or elements are not there anymore.

I recommend to save it on two separate HD´s between steps. Of course this could be done with time machine in automatic way as well.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I'm over the deleted issue.  It's working fine and I am saving after every element and at least one or two versions saved per day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines