• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse Forms Not Working!

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having some major issues with Muse Forms on a site I am doing for a large company. I just need this to work for a few months until we can transition over to Wordpress. Everything else (after much stress and nonsense - I see why they are phasing Muse out) is working perfectly fine on the website. I'm an OK coder and can access all the PHP files etc to make changes, but I am not really a web person in general I did this website in Muse because it was meant to be temporary while they figured out something else. They needed a massive website up in about a week and half. For me Muse was quickest -I didn't have time to learn Wordpress - so here we are.

The Problem:

The forms will not send. Initially they acted like they were sending but emails never showed up. I switched the email they were sending to (both with and without the same domain, I tried many). Occasionally, they would work fine. Then all of a sudden I'm getting: "The Server Encountered an Error". Ten minutes before, the form was sending fine to a gmail account. Nothing changed and suddenly I'm getting this error and now the forms won't send again.

Some Notes:

The website is hosted by the company on their own server. I am currently making these changes and checking things on a test server. I'm trying to work with the server manager, but I don't think he knows what is going on either. I am out of my depth on this.

I am using Cyberduck - not the Muse FTP loader which I read sometimes caused issues.

Things I've Tried:

- Changing the "From" email in the PHP files (No change)

- Putting both a @domain.com email and a @notdomain.com email in the send area for the forms (I've read this can trick it into working - no change)

- Checking the website at domain.com/scripts/form_check.php (No errors)

- Clearing the whole website and re-uploading it

- Adding $headers .= 'MIME-Version: 1.0' . PHP_EOL; to function get_email_headers($to_email, $form_email) in form_process.php

Things that aren't the problem:

- All the forms have unique names, I worried that maybe if the forms had the same title it could be causing some sort of feedback loop

- The email addresses I have used are all correct and functional. I've tried a variety - a GoDaddy address, a Gmail, and an @domain address

- I have checked the SPAM. They were initially sending the spam in the Gmail address but I unmarked them as spam and then for a while they were showing up fine.

Why were they sort of working, and then suddenly not working? I made sure that the Server manager didn't change anything and he claims he hasn't touched a thing. Please, please, please if you have some advice I really need help. This is a really major website and I cannot eliminate the 6 forms.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need this fast, use Wufoo.com to create your forms.

Embed Wufoo forms into Muse pages.

Wufoo processes form data on their own servers., not yours.

Online Form Builder with Cloud Storage Database | Wufoo

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with Wufoo is that you have to have a $99 membership to use it as a MUSE widget correct? I've thoroughly tested the forms I do have and when they're on the test server they will all send to the gmail account I set up, but when we migrate the website to the true domain, they stop sending.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't NEED a widget to embed forms.  Set up a free account and try it.  Copy the embed code from wufoo and paste into the HTML window in Muse. 

Embed videos and other HTML content in Adobe Muse

Why your current form fails could be caused by any number of things starting with how your server is configured to process email. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's true, I do know how to drop in HTML, but the issue is how do I move it around from breakpoint to breakpoint? The website's current forms sometimes have to change size or shift with the page. Generally when you add HTML you can't see until the page is live, there is no way to situate it before or after other elements on the page.

Also, you're totally right. I'm trying to get the person in charge of the server to check a bunch of different stuff. I've done all I think I can do. It was working perfectly fine on the test server so I know it's right on my end honestly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're at the mercy of your hosting server.  That's why I suggested using a 3rd party form service.

A plain page with a simple contact form should fit any viewport.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes sense. This will have to be my absolute last resort though as it doesn't meet the needs of the client. Many of the forms are integrated into articles or more complex content. There are at least 7 forms on the website with different designs. The marketing people wanted it that way to force engagement. Some are even gated to lead to videos once they're filled out. I guess what I'm trying to find out, is if the problem can be solved on my end in some way using the forms as they already exist - changing the PHP, converting them to SMTP (no idea how that would even work...). That or even finding a diagnostic tool which will tell me WHERE the emails are getting lost - are they sending and being blocked by gmail? Are they causing an error and not sending?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having exactly the same issue. 2 of my websites forms have stopped working. They send out, and I get a "form received" ,message, but nothing shows in my emails! I have contacted my hosting provider to have a look for one site, but the other I host myself, and literally nothing was changed. It just stopped working. It is SO frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may or may not be script related.

• Check your spam & trash folders.  If you recieve mail on Gmail, also check your social folders.
  • Spoofers could be using your site as a spam relay.  It happens all the time.  After a while, any mail coming from your domain is classified as spam or worse, blocked & bounced back.
  • Does your domain name have an SPF record attached to it?

https://www.dmarcanalyzer.com/spf/how-to-create-an-spf-txt-record/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.

I have been testing and testing and testing this..... And I can 100% confirm that the script that is generated by muse is definitely the issue.

I have created web forms on three platforms that generate all the php script, and all of them work on my site. However when I create a web form on muse and export to html, then upload to my site, the form doesn't work at all! 

I know there is no support for muse anymore, but this function is definitely broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, the Muse form processing script has not changed. But many hosts have started requiring SMTP authentication to send mail and they won't deliver mail unless it's to an account on your domain  (eg. you @ your_domain . com).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you able to explain to me why a form that is created using adobe muse form widget does not work, but a basic php file to send mail works perfectly fine?

I have also added an html object with a script from jotform to my site, and that also works perfectly.

It is literally only when I use the form widget inside adobe muse, that the form does not work.

Surely this is an error with adobe muse form generation, no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have an email account on my domain. My domain name is hosted with ionos, as is my email account.

My forms were working absolutely fine, and then just stopped. Nothing was changed on my server, nor my ionos acocunt settings, dns etc... nothing.

They just stopped working from muse forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm a forum volunteer, not an Adobe employee.  Muse development ended more than 2-1/2 years ago.  Owing to changes in browsers and web technologies, some widgets simply don't work anymore.  Use Muse at your own risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines