• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MUSE IS CLOSING DOWN - ARE YOU TAKING US FOR A RIDE?!

Engaged ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am FURIOUS!

What a disappointment!

How can you possibly feel any responsibility for your customers - and then just close down the development of Muse AND BC?

This does need an explanation, please do explain to us what is going on there behind your curtains, it's no behavior just to present us with a fait accompli.

Sincerely.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No doubt they will continue to charge us for it...?

I had a feeling this was happening. With the recent lack of product enhancements being added since the disastrous upgrade they did late last year, I got the impression that Adobe had lost interest in Muse.

To be perfectly frank, I was recently thinking of moving over to something different anyway. Other applications such as Elementor and Divi seem to offer much more than Muse ever did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.change.org/p/adobe-systems-adobe-do-not-discontinue-muse

Absolute Disgrace!!!!!!!! Sign to get adobe's attention!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good call !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!! My whole business and I have over 20 client websites built on the Adobe Muse platform.

This does need an explanation? You can't just pull the rug from underneath my company like this and I am sure hundreds and thousands of others around the world???

Sincerely

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely agree. Same for me.

So basically, with the absence of Muse and BC all applications to design or create websites without using code are gone, right?

Wtf is behind this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same situation!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet Adobe, and not a single reasonable explanation in the announcement text! Are you kidding me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe adobe is implementing some design without code features in a future dreamweaver update? who knows. would make sense. ADOBE team, any news on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... I doubt it, Dreamweaver is so complex already. Plus: huge changes are usually announced during Adobe MAX conferences in fall.

The only explanation for the lack of comments from the Muse team here is that they did not know before either. Everything else would be an insolence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enough already.

What are the threshold requirements before a class action can be commenced?

A class action can be commenced where:

• seven or more people have claims against the same person(s);
  • the claims are in respect of, or arise out of, the same, similar or related circumstances; and
  • the claims give rise to at least one substantial common issue of law or fact.[1]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if what they are doing is illegal, but it sure is immoral. Another designer I know who built her business around Muse also was curious about the possibility of a class action suit against them. They sold us a product under false pretenses. They encouraged people to build entire businesses around this product. This decision is going to cause great financial and professional distress for a lot of people, so who knows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do need to know what's behind it. Business Catalyst alone is so huge, and then Muse. Did they sell it to another company? It would be weird to let this whole branch slip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CuriousChip, please let us know if make any headway on whether or not action can be pursued. I'm sure you will have a lot more than 7 who are willing to participate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll join the action. It's outrageous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree, Bartl. Adobe throwing us all under the bus like this without any reasonable explanation is grotesque.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My business is now at real risk, my whole infrastructure has Muse at the epicentre. Please Adobe, please do not do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% agree... disgusting service!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am outraged I have set up many web sites and spent a greta deal of time with muse and now all my investment will go down the drain

what am i going to tell all my clients  ! 

sorry  I cant update your web site next year  

it is going to cause a great deal of problems for me 

I just cant believe it !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Apologize for your frustration. I understand that the transition to another software will not be without challenges. Having said that, Adobe Muse will continue to be around and supported for another year. You can continue using Adobe Muse beyond that as long as its code is supported by web standards and browsers, and for as long as your OS supports it. If you have hosted your site on BC, you have a year to migrate it to a third-party hosting provider.

Assets such as text and images can be exported for use after migration.

I have started a discussion on discussing alternative solutions and migration paths Adobe Muse EOL announcement - Alternatives to Adobe Muse? and will be inviting our experts here to participate. Please bookmark this forum post for reference.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not good enough Preran. People have spend time, effort and money learning to use Muse and get assets for it, which are now worthless. This is not acceptable practice and a detestable way to treat the customers that pay the wages and create the profit for Adobe.

Affinity is snapping at the heels of Adobe with their photo-editing and vector illustration software. They also have DTP version planned this year.. ...and maybe web after that.

Now is not the time to be treating your customers with disdain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines