• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MUSE IS CLOSING DOWN - ARE YOU TAKING US FOR A RIDE?!

Engaged ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am FURIOUS!

What a disappointment!

How can you possibly feel any responsibility for your customers - and then just close down the development of Muse AND BC?

This does need an explanation, please do explain to us what is going on there behind your curtains, it's no behavior just to present us with a fait accompli.

Sincerely.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bartl I did, I signed it yesterday and tweeted it out. I'll be asking my students to sign it too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I aree with hunterscotty. Not enough, Preran. Not enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The canned response does not help us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran, please stop throwing out these cookie cutter responses in every thread. I've read this comment 6 times already today...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you did not answer any of our direct questions? why are they getting rid of muse, for get the transition why are you guys(adobe) doing this, and no real replacement, why what is the reason, this is peoples businesses you don't just say oh well, you know this is fraud and you will be hit with a billion dollar law suit for misleading people about muse staying around to create your business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly Adobe have also chosen to close down BC which means that the current Muse sites I am running cannot be checked and approved by clients in a secure environment before being pushed live. So, Muse gasps on for another year but I have to explain to my clients that I will publish it live and then they get to check it! That does not go down well. Add to that that I will now have to transfer all the current sites to another (non-Adobe) platform at our company's expense as I do not have confidence in Adobe anymore. Very disappointed indeed. Adobe really need to take a long hard look at this and decide where they go next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need Adobe for web hosting.  Your agency should invest in VPS or dedicated server hosting with password protected client folders so they can check the work before it goes live.  That's the very least you can do for your clients.

Reliable Linux hosting is reasonably priced these days because there is much competition from hosting companies.

Best Web Hosting Services 2018 - Best Picks | PCMag.com

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice Nancy, that link seems to be unreachable or inactive but never mind.

I accept your point but our set up at present was Muse-designed sites (not all of them, thank goodness) previewed within BC. We work entirely on Adobe software with the addition of Zbrush, Autodesk, Rebelle and a few others but I do feel that Adobe could have kept BD alive in tandem with Muse for the same duration. The rather lecturing tone taken with "That's the very least you can do for your clients" I do object to - we try very hard to give our clients a good experience and frankly (while MUSE definitely had problems) for most clients it worked well. I have no idea of the spend involved in VPS / dedicated servers etc and I don't really care - my point is that the rug has been pulled. I think, from the strength of opinion out there, it is pretty easy to gauge the temperature of the Adobe-user community at the moment. Chilly to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choocywoccydoodaah,

One solution for creating a preview site for your client:

1. In Muse, export your file as HTML
  2. With an FTP app like Filezilla or Cyberduck, log into your own site via ftp and create a subfolder
  3. Upload your HTML file with the DTP app to the subfolder
  4. In your hosting panel, password protect the client folder (optional)
  5. Email your client a link to their test site, giving them the ID and Password to access their test site.
  6. The url might end up looking something like this: http://www.yoursite.com/tests/client-site-name/

This is my new workflow and surprisingly I found it to be faster than uploading a test site to BC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christo14  wrote

One solution for creating a preview site for your client:

I use much the same workflow except I use Dreamweaver to FTP files to my server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Way way too little. These so-called responses from Adobe are insulting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same boat!  I found this out from one of my CLIENTS, yesterday!!!!  I'm horrified!  I manage several websites through Muse and I am not equipped to learn Dreamweaver well enough to replace the websites that I have now.  I realize that all of you are ahead of me on this, but I am freaking out!!!  In my panic, I started building a new site in XD, and then realized that it's not going to export into HTML... I don't know what to do!  Wordpress is not going to suffice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've started looking into 'Extract' from a Photoshop file - this is within Dreamweaver. Really worried about trying to learn Dreamweaver for the THIRD TIME - it just doesn't stick! I'm hoping that this will prove to be an ideal work around. I've also taken advantage of the half price sale on CreativeLive, so far so good...

Thought you might be interested in Create Websites with Dreamweaver on CreativeLive. You can take a look here: https://www.creativelive.com/class/create-websites-with-dreamweaver-melissa-piccone?utm_campaign=588...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extract from PSD is not a replacement for coding skills.  Melissa is a good teacher.  But you need to spend a weekend or 2 working through code tutorials.  Read the chapters, work with code examples and take quizzes at the end.    DW is not hard to learn if you understand code.

HTML Tutorial

CSS Tutorial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to HTML and CSS, will it be necessary to learn java script in order to reproduce a Muse site within Dreamweaver? Are there other codes like query which will need to be learned in order to recreate Muse’s breakpoints? What is a realistic learning process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use Bootstrap responsive framework for layouts, you won't need to create much in the way of CSS Media queries  (aka breakpoints) or jQuery (JavaScript) because Bootstrap does the heavy lifting for you.   The built-in Bootstrap  components (carousels, accordions, menus, etc...) are to Dreamweaver what widgets are to Muse.

You can learn more about Bootstrap below.  But learn code basics first.  Birds have to crawl out of the nest before tthey can fly .

https://www.w3schools.com/bootstrap4/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here, this is Adobe's statement.

Product Announcement

As if Spark or Portfolio, or XD would replace Muse.

Muse was to be used for creations by graphic designers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe todays announcement, especially coming just three days after paying a lot of money to renew my subscription. As a designer with 'no coding' I moved to adobe from Quark Xpress when they dropped their web offering. Now having spent a lot of time learning the applications, invested money in widgets, fonts and have numerous sites up and running for various clients I feel totally abandoned. Websites by their very nature are an evolving design, unlike print, so clients expect to be able to use and develop their sites over the years. If I had to recreate them in another application this would involve months of additional work which I can't charge for and with no guarantee that I would be able to recreate the sites exactly, which would make me look stupid and unprofessional to my clients.

With the amount of criticism on the withdrawal of the app, it would appear that there is a need for Muse or at least a direct replacement within CC. This isn't a game, it's people's business and livelihood at stake and is a very poor decision by Adobe. Luckily all my sites are hosted by independents so at least that is one nightmare I don't have to deal with. Having recently gone through a host provider withdrawing their services and having to move numerous domains and sites which involved a lot of unpaid work and bad feeling with my clients.

Suggesting 'other' applications really isn't a solution and Adobe should reconsider their decision. In over 30 years of working Adobe have had a lot of money from me and really should consult their customers before make such far reaching decisions. Other than this forum is their anyway to actually get in touch with the decision makers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am in the same boat. Dust off your coding books and dig in. You can luckily open the code that is written and go from there. It's pretty simple a program like Muze is driving the cost down on website developers. Well... there's no money in that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish they would consider takedown Dreamweaver over Muse any day of the week including holidays! Just sayin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be the dumbest thing Adobe has done, yet your crappy mobile apps will keep getting updated... Are you going to force us into that clunky Dreamweaver (Where dreams go to die...)... So angry right now... Considering dropping my CC subscription, that is how angry I am...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost the dummest thing Adobe has done, I nominated buying Flash and Dreamweaver as the dumbest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this really sucks. I've mastered Muse and all it's quirks. Hell, they didn't even get around to finishing getting fluid breakpoints AND scrolling effects to work simultaneously. Looks like I will begin phasing Muse out and all future sites I build will have to be built on another platform. Time to research that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way Adobe communicated the termination - I have no words. No announcement in the forums, nothing. Just a regular email from Adobe Systems, and that's it. It feels like Adobe would say instead: we don't care at all. An extra slap in the face for all those who took lots of effort and time helping others in this forum, and also for those who worked on further developments in the pre-release forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absolutely unbelievable!  How many people are dependent upon Muse for their entire livelihood?  We were encouraged by Adobe to use Muse for not only our own but our client's platforms.  We were told it could only get bigger and better and because it was Adobe, we took their word and trusted this promise.  Most of us have spent months, nay years, learning all the ins and outs of Muse not to mention the money spent on widgets and subscriptions.  Because of Muse, I have not kept my coding skills up and to turn to Dreamweaver or a similar app now, would be next to impossible.  To be told we have a year is just ludicrous.   Apparently, there is not another alternative waiting in the wings or we would have been informed of it.  No warning, no explanation.  Betrayal of this magnitude is the last thing I would have expected from Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines