• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MUSE IS CLOSING DOWN - ARE YOU TAKING US FOR A RIDE?!

Engaged ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am FURIOUS!

What a disappointment!

How can you possibly feel any responsibility for your customers - and then just close down the development of Muse AND BC?

This does need an explanation, please do explain to us what is going on there behind your curtains, it's no behavior just to present us with a fait accompli.

Sincerely.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not happy at all. Just posting this here as well as another forum. Is it April 1st? Because this is a bad joke Adobe. Muse is a great tool. Even if maintained at its current level, with updates only to accommodate future code and browser updates, it’s still a useful tool. This certainly isn’t a decision made with the user in mind. I can only believe this is a monetary decision. And announced on the heels of a CC price increase to boot. I also write code but enjoy working in Muse and participated in its development from early on. Honestly, I won’t have a huge issue working without Muse, but why should I have to? No communication with the users whatsoever. Just, “Hey everyone, this is over. Deal with it.” I expect more from this company. I would ask Adobe to reconsider this decision. I hope there is enough voice in the community to make this happen. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sgt. Fury, I totally agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no words.... Actually, I do but they are all expletives, so I leave it up for imagination.  I can only echo other people's comments here, because I am still aghast and shocked about Adobe's complete lack of customer loyalty and concern.  Like many of you, I am starting to look elsewhere and, when possible, will probably cancel my Adobe CC membership because if they do what they're doing with Muse, what is to say they won't do it with Photoshop, InDesign or any other software later.  However, at least those are not client dependent like Muse is for many.  Like many said here, people built entire businesses around Adobe Muse, encouraged by Adobe to do so.  Granted, Business Catalyst always sucked, and was a nightmare to navigate, but Muse was not.  What they're doing with Muse, with no alternative in sight, is a massive slap in the face to their loyal customer base, and beyond comprehension.  If at least they'd have explained why they are doing this and mentioned a future replacement in the works, we'd all be feeling a bit better about all of this. As it stand, all we can feel is betrayal by a company that, clearly, does not give a rat's behind about any of us.  I am sure I am echoing everyone here when I say Adobe: you STINK!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe, you pulled the trigger a bit early on this one. April Fools is on Sunday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to echo most of the above sentiments  - This is an utterly shoddy, unprofessional and inconsiderate action from our Adobe-Masters.

I would like to add also that at least most people seem to have been informed about this - as a long-standing Adobe 'customer' in the UK - some would say 'prisoner' -  and one who pays the full amount to Adobe each month for CC - I haven't even received the damn e-mail! 

This is appalling - call yourselves a professional organisation?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, all users were sent emails yesterday about this announcement. Can you check your spam folders to see if the mail got filtered. If you need us to resend the email, let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.  Thanks for the reply - Nothing in spam or junk.

That said, I do have 'no marketing e-mails' in my CC online preferences... But I would have thought that this is rather more important than trying to sell me something, and that this would be overridden in this instance, yes? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot speculate on the reasons as to why you did not receive the email. I have shared a copy of its contents over a private message. You can contact Customer Care Contact Customer Care  if you would like the original email to be resent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the message, thanks for your time and effort on that.

It should of course, start with 'Dear John...'

Because I, like a lot of others, feel like we have been dumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

This isn't about notification... this is really about Adobe's reliability to it's LOYAL customers. We'd like to see a little loyalty coming back to us by giving us an explanation of why Adobe has opted to pull the rug out from under everyone after spending countless marketing dollars convincing us to switch to Muse and BC! This makes NO SENSE! It's really about TRUST. Adobe has lost mine!

All that's left is Word Press... a blogging software with a million add ons to make it work. REALLY? Insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never received the email either. I found out about this via a Muse forum on Facebook. Friends of mine who use Muse also never received the email. They found out about it through me. I get plenty of fluff marketing emails from Adobe, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copying my reply from another discussion just so that I address users on this post.

Hi everyone,

I went through all the responses, and I thank you for taking time to share your concerns here. Because questions have been broadly dispersed across many posts, I will try and summarize all that has been asked of me. At one point in my career, I was a web designer with a small business myself, so I do understand the sentiment and will do my best to get it across to the team.

- Reasons behind the decision: I hate to repeat this, but all that has to be said is in the FAQ. Having said that, I will check with the team to see if they have anything to add. I will report back here if they do.

- Is the DIY solution under the Spark umbrella a viable migration path?: The product is still in its infancy (it doesn't even have a name as yet), and it is too early to tell about how it will grow and whether it will meet your current requirements. I have not had a chance to test it myself, and questions on migration from Adobe Muse or whether it is an effective replacement is something we will know when the product is available for testing. At this moment, I do not have a date at which that will happen but in my opinion, we are probably looking at a few months down the road. Dates and timelines keep shifting based on many factors, so don't hold me to it.

I have not used any of the other possible solutions out there, so your friends on this forum are better equipped to guide you on those questions. That is the reason why this discussion was initiated in the first place.

- Reconsider the decision: That sentiment has already been shared with the team, and I will do so again today.

- Additional training and cost to move to another software or solution: Adobe Muse will continue to be supported for a year, and sites created on it will continue to work as long as it is supported by the browsers of the time. I understand that this is not a perfect answer, but I am hoping that this will speak to the sense of panic in some of the posts. Even with sites created with BC, you have a year to move them to another location.

- Purchase and discount related questions: Because Adobe Muse will continue to be supported for a year, I do not think that there are any discounts being provided. I am not the expert on this one, and I suggest contacting Customer Care directly if you need more clarification.

A few single app sub users received a price hike email yesterday. You can ignore that email as there is no price change for single app subscribers for Adobe Muse.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am disgusted by the news and the way Adobe "handled" this. Why didn't you survey the Musers? You know how to survey us~ You've done it before! You aren't understanding the magnitude. You say that we have a year to "move them to another location". The issue is that only Muse can edit a Muse file. When Muse isn't supported, those files do us no good. At the very least, Adobe should create a tool (free) to convert our Muse files into regular code that we can work on in Dreamweaver or any other editor. This is the most unprofessional thing I can ever recall Adobe doing and I've been a user since the very first apps were rolled out for use! So disappointed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would just like to add my 2 cents worth. Just spent over a year working with Adobe BC and learning liquid and all for nothing and clearly Adobe Management don't give a toss. Without creating an alternative they just close it, in other words Adobe dosen't care about their client base because they are beyond being responsible for anything they do. I'm totally disgusted with the way this has been handled and clearly Adobe Management are just a bunch of nasty little executives only concerned with their salary package and the bottom line. We've all had enough of this crap and will never trust Adobe again. I will bag this company for many years to come and will be looking for a more responsible company to work with such as Corel and others. Not good enough Adobe, piss poor work......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Preran,

I am sorry but your answer is a very poor statement. I know you are following the Adobe politics, so it is not you personally. Unfortunately, all our anger is poured all over you now, we are so to speak killing the messenger.

I would like to reply to your answer:

..."Because Adobe Muse will continue to be supported for a year, I do not think that there are any discounts being provided." Which support are you talking about? There was lots of support by the community - but almost none by Adobe since the shutdown of the support related email address, which we could refer to (until around 1.5 years ago if I remember right). If Adobe wants to charge us for support, Adobe has to do better.

..."Spark ... is still in its infancy" And with what exists now Adobe wants to calm us down? I have no words for this insolence. Spark is infantile, I dare to doubt very much it will get ever valuable for us - we are all grown up professionals who run serious businesses. We do not make nice little standard scrollsites or portfolios for ourselves, we work for others who pay serious amounts of money for it! And this also goes in the direction of anyone who claims "you can use  Adobe Portfolio instead" as well. No, we can't.

My yearly CC subscription fortunately ends in 8 weeks, so I have the chance to jump off that train. I am sorry for others who cannot react as quickly.

Sincerely,

bartl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I canceled my subscription yesterday and when asked why "Your decision to remove MUSE" it then asked me if I wanted 2 free months to stay. Naturally, I took the 2 free months. But, if there is not some positive headway on this in the next 2 months Adobe with have "LESS ADDED VALUE" and I will be forced to drop my subscription. I will load my Creative Suite 5.5 back on my computer or go back to 2004 when everyone was Pirating Adobe products... Like anything else, when their revenue stream drops they will find a solution...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same and got 3 months free (I think it depends on how long you've been a customer). However, if it is not resolved by the end of that time I will be cancelling my full CC subscription and use alternatives. This ridiculous and callous decision made by Adobe has just proved how untrustworthy and heartless they are as a company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear goodness. They've lured us into paying them a monthly fee for how many years? We've invested dozens upon dozens to hundreds of hours learning and developing in MUSE, only get the rug pulled out from under us. They shut down support on MUSE. MUSE has massive bugs. My clients are pissed off. I will lose $$$ thousands of dollars because of this screw over by MUSE AND I'm faced with the task of having to rebuild each site - making sure that they all have the same features that were originally supplied.

ANYONE WANT TO JOIN A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST ADOBE? If so, feel free to send me an email and I'll get back to you. [Email address removed by Moderator.]

In the least, DEMAND A FULL REFUND.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse has problems to be sure.  That's why Adobe is ending it.  But tech support will extend until March 2020.  And Muse won't stop working for perhaps years beyond that.   In other words, you have plenty of time to keep using Muse while you  transition to other software or services.  

If ending a software were class actionable (and it's not), the courts would be filled with cases against software developers big & small.   Don't waste your time & money on a lawsuit you can't win.  Instead put your efforts into learning native web technologies which have a much longer shelf life than widgets and drag & drop web authoring tools.   Knowledge is your single greatest tool.   Use it wisely.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. Like we need another reason to feel betrayed?
Everyone I know has grown to HATE adobe. I'm glad there are other companies rising up in the photo editing world. Muse is one of the things that was keeping me in the adobe ecosystem. There are a lot of people who feel "trapped" in adobe's web, but that can only last for so long. The HUGE numbers adobe is likely seeing from their subscription based model can disappear at a moments notice... LOTS of users are just waiting to jump ship.
I have no reason not to go check out Affinity now... we keep being promised the performance problems in Lightroom and Photoshop are being addressed while new players are popping up which ACTUALLY WORK. Meanwhile adobe is doing stupid stuff like this, further upsetting their (formerly) loyal user base.
Muse started out terrible and has slowly gotten MUCH MUCH better, to the point where it was ALMOST what everyone hoped it would be... I cant afford to spend time learning new applications like this for them to get dropped suddenly (yes, 1 year's notice is "suddenly" when there are no comparable tools in the market).
Sounds like spark "may or may not" EVENTUALLY be a replacement for muse, but you can't announce you are dropping a product and say you may have another product that can eventually take it's place... I can't invest any time in spark because it's likely to put me in the same situation again one day... if fact, I don't have faith in any of their products now. They dropped Encore a while back with NO alternative whatsoever. They say Lightroom "CLASSIC" isn't going any where, but it's obvious they are just waiting to pull the rug out from underneath us. (If you have multiple TB's of raw files in your catalog, it's gonna cost HUNDREDS per month on the "new" Lightroom CC). They keep promising us they will work out the performance issues, but it seems like the competition is running circles around them.
There were 3 apps I regularly used (Lightroom, Photoshop, and Muse) in my CC plan, so I will be dropping my plan from the All apps plan to the basic photography plan as soon as I can work out a new solution for our website (which is hosted with business catalyst). At that point it will be easier to consider something like Affinity Photo to replace the rest of my Adobe solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am a very angry designer. They just don't give a damn. Want another alternative?? Here buy something else we can discontinue!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines