• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MUSE IS CLOSING DOWN - ARE YOU TAKING US FOR A RIDE?!

Engaged ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am FURIOUS!

What a disappointment!

How can you possibly feel any responsibility for your customers - and then just close down the development of Muse AND BC?

This does need an explanation, please do explain to us what is going on there behind your curtains, it's no behavior just to present us with a fait accompli.

Sincerely.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This pretty much reminds me of when, a few years ago, Netflix screwed their customers royally because they thought they could.  After the massive outcry and people cancelling their memberships, a huge apology was released, customers were compensated and Netflix learned a lesson at a huge cost (some customers never returned).  Adobe may be a bit too arrogant, though...    For the first time since I started using Adobe products back in the early 90's that I am considering ditching them altogether.  Unlike back then, there are plenty of products on the market now which rival Adobe, and with Muse and BC going away, there is no longer a need to stay.  We're currently checking out Webflow as a great (though not the only) alternative.  There is only so much a customer will get screwed before they say 'no more.'  This may be that time.... Adobe has shown us all they do not care about us, the consumer.  Frankly, I am not into being a punching bag and certainly not for a company like Adobe that has screwed us before, just never this badly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been watching the posts and I could not help but laugh at the email I just got:

"To become an experience business, you need more than just great tools and online help. You need a partner. Welcome to Experience League - a new enablement program to help customers get the most out of Adobe Experience Cloud. It includes guided learning, one-to-one expert support, and access to a thriving community of fellow professionals. Learn how you can move from an experience thinker to an Experience Maker."

P.S. Adobe It is "Experienced Business" and "Experienced Thinker" to an "Experienced Maker" a business partner who will screw you over first chance they get... Laughable....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, guess you got a nice multimedia all inclusive upgrade for us...

but ...

...please

(sigh)

Learn to communicate.

You make living with marketing for pete sake!.

Don`t remove what a customer has before handing over alternatives.

it's business 101.

It signaling you don`t care about the people you buy your stuff...

You wouldn`t have to change your plans..  but first give, then take.

Do not be so corporate/arrogant/ignorant.

Your business is with people.

And we do not like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now Adobe walking on thin ice. I use Adobe Muse almost everyday for several years now. In fact Muse was my main reason to subscribe to Adobe CC in the first place. My concern is, Adobe suggest to learn another software. But how can I be shure they do not kill that application to in the future? Next month they will perhaps announce they will kill Photoshop and develop sofware for submarines instead?

/ Mathias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup! we are pissed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beyond poor Adobe... Really just the absolute worst way to announce this.

Hey all Muse invested users we hate you and hope your business dies. We really don't care TRULY we don't . Just to prove it we have poor Preran here who has absolutely no real answers for you to beat up on in the forums. Now pony up we are increasing our prices on the software we will no longer support as of May 2019. Wishing you a happy and memorable 2018 Easter.

At least that is how I read it.

I feel for you Preran​ this must be a hard one to field with the little info you have been given. As I am sure you are well aware, there are many of us that make a living with this software. We have invested a lot of time learning and even beta testing Muse. Bottom line we will all surely endure monetary and productivity loss in order to adapt. Your canned responses and little knowledge to answer hard questions does nothing ease the sting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First Lightroom now Muse, Adobe, I've invested a serious amount of time and money in both products.. Can you (Adobe) recommend migration solution for customers like me who will need to move to other platforms? Please advise

Thank you and have a great day!

PS- Leaving it's customers out to dry is the reason why I am hesitant in moving my digital assets over to Adobe Cloud, this is also preventing me from completely embracing the CC platform.     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobeclassactionlawsuit

Yes there is an option we as a group can take.

It's time to take a greater action to mod our workflows

To protect our community in aggregate against a software company lording over it's loyal user base.

To save our trusting all in! committed! loyal customer attitudes!

There is a way and collectivly I'm going for it!

Let's start the great migration together

Kai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello from France

I just bought a CC muse license and pay a large amount for a training session. I also bought widgets. For me an important investment while I start as a carpenter. I heard this news, it is outrageous and Adobe did not display it at the time of my payment which is very recent. It's just cheating and scam. I now demand to benefit from this software even if not followed and not updated beyond the subscription period and free of charge. It seems to me a fair compensation in the face of so much commercial hypocrisy. I am waiting for an answer from you Adobe in the direction of my request. If necessary, I will take a lawyer and join any collective or individual legal action.

Thanks for reading me.

Alain Amroun

France

En français

Bonjour de France

Je viens d'acheter une licence de muse CC et de payer une somme importante pour une session de formation. J'ai également acheté des widgets. Pour moi un investissement important alors que je me débute comme menuisier. J'ai appris cette nouvelle, c'est scandaleux et Adobe ne l'a pas affiché au moment de mon paiement qui est très récent. C'est tout simplement de la tricherie et de l'escroquerie. J'exige à présent de pouvoir bénéficier de ce logiciel même non suivi et non mis à jour au delà de la période d'abonnement et gratuitement. C'est il me semble un juste dédommagement en face de tant d'hypocrisie commerciale. J'attends une réponse de votre part Adobe dans le sens de ma demande. S'il le faut je prendrai un avocat et me joindrai à toute action judiciaire collective ou individuelle.

Merci de m'avoir lu.

Alain Amroun

France

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The true reason why Adobe decided to stop Muse:

Once you publish your website freshly created on Spark or Adobe Portfolio you are hooked to stick with an Adobe subscription.

you cannot publish your site in another host provider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe offered a competitively priced hosting platform, such as an option to sign up for a Muse hosting package as an option in upload to ftp, and by that I mean competitive with the standard hosting providers out there, I would use the service.

After all we are looking for easier solutions all the time, are we not?

Why not transition Business Catalyst to a more cost effective price range?

Or provide a simple hosting option via BC or a stand alone service?

I didn't use BC because my customers didn't want pay for it.

I didn't build sites with template-based services because most of my customers had been down that path and found they got stuck with the feature limitations or felt they were mislead by the pricing structures.

I thought Adobe would be in prime position to beat those 'other options' at their own game.

A reported 500,000 Muse sites in action right now and Adobe has very little of that hosting market because they don't provide a relevant service.

My math says if Muse had a simple hosting service built in at say, $50yr, and they snagged those 500,000 websites, they'd generate $25,000,000 in turnover ANNUALLY.

Even if they got half of that it would add a nice $12,500,000. Surely enough to pay for the development team, and an annual end of year party?

Can't help but think something is amiss here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sebastien777

The true reason why Adobe decided to stop Muse:

Once you publish your website freshly created on Spark or Adobe Portfolio you are hooked to stick with an Adobe subscription.

you cannot publish your site in another host provider.

Adobe will no longer be gaining loyal customers due to their INTEGRITY and GREAT PRODUCTS, but will Force us all to be forever tied to them. In other words, we'll be held HOSTAGE?!!! OMG. I'm all for starting a movement to boycott Adobe! Anyone with me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's just a scandal and I'm not going to let myself go. I encourage all Adobe customers to react and I will spread the word about France and Europe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we have the creative cloud for teams here in the company and we will cancel and migrate to another more reliable platform because adobe does not care about the feedback of the clients who support your business. They should have at least launched some software that met our needs before canceling the adobe Muse service, not to mention the paid hours and widgets simply being thrown in the trash ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Adobe Products since Photoshop 1.0! I've TRUSTED this company for years. Then, they started making us SUBSCRIBE to their products... paying monthly even if we were INFREQUENT users. Now, they pull the rug out from under us on Muse and BC, which are two of the best web products around. How will I update websites for my customers? I have no more trust in Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really sucks, especially for someone like me that just can't code a website to save their lives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we should get together and file a class action lawsuit against Adobe for luring us into this program then suddenly ending it, costing us tens of thousands (if not more) collectively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't be surprised that shortly Abode will be launching some type of subscription based cloud web design / hosting platform.

Welcome to the pay to play never own anything ever world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m really worried too - I’ve only just discovered Muse a few months ago and I was ecstatic! Finally a really easy system for building a beautiful site without having to become a fully fledged developer. I guess I’m lucky enough to only use this programme to design my own website but now I’ll have to find a work-around and figure it all out again. Can this not be moved to an open-source system where we can feed improvements to the system ourselves? Can you hand the software over to the people? Even if you have to change the name to do so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines