• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse not redirecting to tablet version

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help, I noticed that when exporting the tablet version is not being pushed on the tablet. Also I purchased a template and used the index.html files and uploaded that to my site and it works but when I export the same file it doesn't work.

What I did notice is the files I purchased that work there is a redirect script, which I don't have in my exported files.

Can anyone help I'm on version Muse CC 2017

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

fotoroeder  написал(а)

Meanwhile I followed the video from Dani Beaumont – it is 998 fixed and 768 fluid, right?

With all due respect to the Dani, I believe that her 998 breakpoint unfounded.

fotoroeder  написал(а)

I realize two times 768 px, one time fixed and one time fluid with 320 px min. I think both is not applicable at the same time?

They are quite applicable simultaneously.

fotoroeder  написал(а)

If I start with 1200 fixed width, Muse starts with 1400, where does this padding come from and w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please share the URL of your site so I can have a look at it?

Do share both the URLs.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ankush,

Here is the link:

I was viewing it on the latest apple IPAD Pro 12.9" but I have exported the files off my work computer today and uploaded it now seems to be working from an iPad 2 mini version.

When I get home I'll check to see if it still doesn't push through on the iPad pro 12.9"

Also my work computer is running on OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 version

My home computer is running on the latest OS Sierra Version 10.12

Exporting from the different operating system? So I have to check if the results are the  same or different. I'll let you know later on today.

Is there anyway I can send you my muse file?

http://suzanaesteves.com/_mystuff/test/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still doesn't work on my iPad pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to send your Muse file for investigating the issue?

You can share the file with me via Dropbox or WeTransfer in a private message(PM).

To do a PM just hover the mouse on my user name and click "message"

Regards,
Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are creating a site with alternative layouts, you should not use fluid width, fluid breakpoints, and generally breakpoints. You can use only a fixed width, without using breakpoints.

I would recommend that you remove the tablet, phone layouts and finish the site using breakpoints for mobile devices. Otherwise, you need to completely redesign the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pavel Homeriki​ , for me it seems to be all the same: cmd+N opens a new file, I choose between variable and fixed.

The breakpoint bar on top of the canvas, of course, looks different, but both of it can work with fixed width breakpoint pages or fluid width breakpoints.

Once, in a fixed layout, I can use breakpoints, and I am still able to use a separate layout for tablet and phone.

Do you recommend not to use generally breakpoints because it is never really clear which device is used?

Many of us, me included, would like to use fixed width layouts with breakpoints (scroll effects included or not) for desktop layout

and, because scroll effects are not supported by mobile devices (tablets for me, are mobile as well), use different layouts for mobile devices.

Thanks in advance

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder  написал(а)

...for me it seems to be all the same: cmd+N opens a new file, I choose between variable and fixed.

The breakpoint bar on top of the canvas, of course, looks different, but both of it can work with fixed width breakpoint pages or fluid width breakpoints.

Once, in a fixed layout, I can use breakpoints, and I am still able to use a separate layout for tablet and phone.

Do you recommend not to use generally breakpoints because it is never really clear which device is used?

Nevertheless, this is not the same thing. In the Muse, many functions should not be active in certain situations, but they are active and this is misleading.

fotoroeder  написал(а)

Many of us, me included, would like to use fixed width layouts with breakpoints (scroll effects included or not) for desktop layout

and, because scroll effects are not supported by mobile devices (tablets for me, are mobile as well), use different layouts for mobile devices.

Thanks in advance

Uwe

Scrolling effects work at fixed breakpoints. You can disable scrolling effects on breakpoints for mobile devices. In this way, you can combine fixed and fluid breakpoints. But you can not combine fixed width with alt layouts and fluid breakpoints and generally breakpoints. Unfortunately, my knowledge of English does not allow me to explain the reasons in detail. Just trust my practice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, if I understand you right Pavel Homeriki​,

the main decision from the beginning is, decide for

1) alternative layouts,

- then one must stick with fixed layouts for each device,

- keep with the smallest available size/default sizes

(desktop 960/1160 px, tablet 768 px, phone 380 px)

or

decide for

2) responsive layout

- choose between fixed or fluid design

- use screen sizes/breakpoints as you like

- keep this responsiveness from desktop to mobile devices

- use fixed width breakpoints, in order to work with scroll effects

- use fluid width breakpoints – try to work with responsive content as much as possible – no scroll effects

(it`s greyed out anyway with fluid width bp´s)

- alternative between scroll effects/fixed width bp´s or fluid width bp´s for desktop

(size taller than 960 px width) ...

- ... and fluid width for mobile devices (tablet, in this meaning is mobile device as well)

until the minimum size of 320 px width for phone is possible.

The reasons in detail might be, that browsers in general, and decisions of the certain devices (which layout should I use now?)

is tricky, changing all the time from browser to browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, IE8 to IE 10 or higher).

Is it that, what you recommend? Did I get the message? I kept you in mind, saying this in several threads already?

Would be great for me and us, if this makes sense and of course would be great to have somebody from ADOBE to

maybe keep us with details if I get it wrong or if I miss something.

Pavel Homeriki​, btw I trust your practice completely, but to tell clients in the future what´s possible and what isn´t

and to be able to use this for diverse written offers, is very usefull.

Thanks in advance

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder  написал(а)

So, if I understand you right

the main decision from the beginning is, decide for

1) alternative layouts,

or

decide for

2) responsive layout

Yes, you understood perfectly correctly.

fotoroeder

Is it that, what you recommend?

For a responsive site with breakpoints, I recommend only one approach. In connection with the great performance problems that Muse has, this approach is the best and will work in 99% of cases:
You create a site of 1200 pixels of fixed width (this is very important), since on a site with fluid width, scaling on mobile devices does not work properly for fixed breakpoints (this is a bug).

After your design is ready completely, you create three more breakpoints and format the content in them.
1024 fixed, 768 fixed, 768 fluid with 320 min W. That's all you need. You will cover 90% of tablets and 100% of phones. The exception is monsters such as iPad Pro in portrait mode, Asus Memo Pad in portrait mode and some other large tablets. But you do not have to worry about them, otherwise you will have to do mobile optimization from 1366 pixels width.

This technology is shown in detail in the video:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1024 fixed, 768 fixed, 768 fluid with 320 min W. That's all you need. You will cover 90% of tablets and 100% of phones.

Thanks, that´s really helpful. I realize two times 768 px, one time fixed and one time fluid with 320 px min. I think both is not applicable at the same time?

Meanwhile I followed the video from Dani Beaumont – it is 998 fixed and 768 fluid, right?

Thanks for the information with the bug.

If I start with 1200 fixed width, Muse starts with 1400, where does this padding come from and why do we need it?

Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-16 um 12.35.56.png

I understand the edge with 20 px each.

As soon as I set my first breakpoint at 768, Muse creates a breakpoint at 1200 with min size of 768. Then I have to set a breakpoint at 768 again, this time it works as expected.

And what about fluid width breakpoints? Don´t use this? Or only use it for desktop from 27" to 15" like from 2000 px to 1068 px?

If not use fluid width at all, why is is alive on Muse? If it is a bug? Or are there certain cases, where you suggest fluid with?

When I got it, you use fluid only when images, placeholders are used stretched to browser width.

Only then they would behave fluidly, even in a fixed width layout.

Thanks , I guess in the name of many.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder  написал(а)

With all due respect to the Dani, I believe that her 998 breakpoint unfounded.

fotoroeder  написал(а)

I realize two times 768 px, one time fixed and one time fluid with 320 px min. I think both is not applicable at the same time?

fotoroeder  написал(а)

If I start with 1200 fixed width, Muse starts with 1400, where does this padding come from and why do we need it?

1400 simply shows you the filling of the browser outside the width of the page. This is not a fixed value. This will stretch depending on the monitor. The fixed width is 1200, in this case.

fotoroeder  написал(а)

As soon as I set my first breakpoint at 768, Muse creates a breakpoint at 1200 with min size of 768.

I think you forgot the 1024 breakpoint. And first of all, you have to finish the design work completely at 1200 breakpoints and only then add the next breakpoint, format the design completely in it and only then add the next ... and so on. If you do not finish the design, you can not add the next breakpoint until you finish it.

fotoroeder  написал(а)

And what about fluid width breakpoints? Don´t use this? Or only use it for desktop from 27" to 15" like from 2000 px to 1068 px?

As I said above, I recommend using only one fluid breakpoint. I believe that for most sites there is enough 1200 widths for content. And background blocks are stretched on any monitors. Content does not need to stretch to 2000. What's the point? It looks disproportionate.

Here is a prototype made using this technology: Homepage  1200. 960. 768. 768f/320.

fotoroeder  написал(а)

If not use fluid width at all, why is is alive on Muse? If it is a bug?

If the team had not made a choice of fluid width, then how would it have presented new opportunities in February 2016? This is one of the reasons why this feature is alive... It's still very damp and requires a lot more work from the Muse team. In the end, I hope, they will fix everything and everything will work as expected, but not now unfortunately.

Nevertheless, the Muse is an excellent app and the Muse team deserves the highest score, despite the shortcomings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for further information, guess, I got it now, Dani makes the breakpoint at 1000 instead 0f 998 in this video, but anyway, I got the message behind.

She also creates all breakpoints before she starts to design, but, obviously, she recreates from an existing website,

so she knows, nothing unexpected will happen.

With everything else I agree totally. RESPECT

Thanks again and cheerio

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you this helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pavel, could you get more detailed about this:??

fotoroeder  написал(а)

As of this reading I do not have a clue, what that means.

Do you think about Masterpages fluid and Normal pages fixed?

BTW, most users suffer from not following some certain rules you "betrayed". Maybe these rules are mentioned somewhere on MUSE-SITE as well, but maybe it is hidden too much?

And as we all can see very clearly from the video from Dani B., she struggles with some facts as well doesn´t she?

Nice weekend to you

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder  написал(а)

Hi Pavel, could you get more detailed about this:??

fotoroeder   написал(а)

Hi, Uwe.

I do not quite understand what your difficulty is.

... Create 768 fixed breakpoint and format the content in it.

29bb631cce.png

Then, create

768 fluid breakpoint with 320 min width and format the content in it.

fcea893fd6.png

Download this example Homepage .

fotoroeder  написал(а)

You touched on an important point. The master page should also be fixed and have the same breakpoints (  If the master page is used ).

fotoroeder  написал(а)

Maybe these rules are mentioned somewhere on MUSE-SITE as well, but maybe it is hidden too much?

Nowhere on the official website there is no such rules.

fotoroeder  написал(а)

And as we all can see very clearly from the video from Dani B., she struggles with some facts as well doesn´t she?

It often surprises me that employees of adobe do not know their products very well .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But she does a great job, this makes me laugh sometimes, because she struggles with the same stuff, like a lot  of people out there. And this makes it very reliable to me, or better trustable, she shows a way out of the deadend, mostly.

Well, you Pavel Homeriki create a fixed width breakpoint at 900 with minimum size of 768. So far, for technical reasons, this might be a fixed breakpoint at 768, don`t you? But anyway I think I got it.

Hi, Uwe.

I do not quite understand what your difficulty is.

... Create 768 fixed breakpoint and format the content in it.

29bb631cce.png

Then, create

768 fluid breakpoint with 320 min width and format the content in it.

fcea893fd6.png

Download this example Homepage .

fotoroeder   написал(а)

You touched on an important point. The master page should also be fixed and have the same breakpoints (  If the master page is used ).

YES I DID THIS WAS WELL, it helps a lot. It really took a while for me to really grasp (more than understand) the master page stuff.

fotoroeder   написал(а)

Maybe these rules are mentioned somewhere on MUSE-SITE as well, but maybe it is hidden too much?

Nowhere on the official website there is no such rules.

At the moment I spread the word for your rules on a view threads as well. Most people struggle with these steps.

And all the adds from Adobe promise, that it´s so easy and fluid and easy and mouth watering and easy. Of course they don´t mention a bug, I can understand this, but it would awake more trust, if some rules are mentioned pretty clearly from the beginning.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder  написал(а)

Well, you create a fixed width breakpoint at 900 with minimum size of 768.

No... Step by step:

845038f721.png

bd814a9775.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oooh and Aaaah!! I see. I did never set e new breakpoint, using the dropdown/add new breakpoint. I simply added breakpoints by dragging and clicking, setting the breakpoints in detail by double clicking the breakpoint icon or I added breakpoints at the same spot than the white triangles from master.

Maybe boring, but what is my benefit, of these two breakpoints at 768 one fixed and one fluid?

Thanks man

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder  написал(а)

Maybe boring, but what is my benefit, of these two breakpoints at 768 one fixed and one fluid?

The benefit is that you will not have a "gap" in the content behavior when the screen is reducing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this "gap" man the "jumping" at this breakpoint? At 768, where my mobile menu starts to appear, it seems like there are two breakpoints.??

I like the video, this makes clear what to do, you need thousands words (or more) to describe.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Pavel+Homeriki  schrieb

fotoroeder   написал(а)

The benefit is that you will not have a "gap" in the content behavior when the screen is reducing.

This fluid width and fixed width breakpoint at one position is applicable on  my master page ( of course it is applicable when you call it to be so ). if I want to transfer these breakpoints to my landing page or any page, related to this master, I am told, this is not possible – not in between 25 px of an already existing breakpoint.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-22 um 09.58.36.png

I guess, because I set these two breakpoints (fixed and fluid width) already on master, it is not necessary for corresponding pages?

Thanks in advance

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder  написал(а)

. if I want to transfer these breakpoints to my landing page or any page, related to this master, I am told, this is not possible – not in between 25 px of an already existing breakpoint.

This can mean only one thing: you allow a user error at some point. If you do everything as I described above, there is no problem with adding breakpoints to the master pages and any pages for which this master page is assigned.

2bc4d22650.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hate to say it, but you are right. I found out, by again watching and by comparing, it is very important to take care, that the page properties are set from the beginning to the maximum width, let´s say, 1200. Then it starts with 1400, and the first bp must be set at 960, because 1200 is set automatically. Keeping on like this, works as expected.

Thanks

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this works, not finished yet but the breakpoints works and the site is responsive across all mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines