My phone is reading tablet version

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community

I have done desktop version and is working fine

I have done tablet version and its working fine on tablets

I have started to do phone version and it was working fine the first page, but after doing the second page my android phone started to open the tablet version, what am I doing wrong?

The correct address on my phone should be: www.immobili.site/phone/index.html

This is the address that it is opening right now on my android phone: www.immobili.site/tablet/index.html

Any help will be papreciated

My temporary site is on www.immobili.site

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Muse or no Muse, you should not use adaptive design anymore as this gets a dropdown in search engines. Better go with responsive design. Like this there´s no mismatch with adresses and phone and tablet versions anymore at all.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realize what the problem was

I copied the menu from the tablet to phone layout, I forgot the change the hyperlinks on the phone, that why I was redirecting to the tablet

And by reading others posts users on the web I can see some others users has the same problem

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You realize this is a horrible approach to web design, right?   And because you're using Muse, it will fail, probably sooner rather than later because the code is outdated.  You have been warned. 

Stop using Muse.  Rebuild your site responsively -- one URL that works in ALL devices.  To help you get started, look at Bootstrap's mobile-first framework used by millions of websites globally.

https://www.w3schools.com/bootstrap4/

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse or no Muse, you should not use adaptive design anymore as this gets a dropdown in search engines. Better go with responsive design. Like this there´s no mismatch with adresses and phone and tablet versions anymore at all.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You´re welcome.

KInd Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines