• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My site doesn't work when I upload to my own web host, but it's fine in Preview or BC. Why?

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2012 Mar 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded my site via FTP to my own web hosting and my site is broken. My menus and slideshows don't work, my styles are all missing... everything is shifted to the left. What has happened and how can I fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 29, 2012 Mar 29, 2012

Problems with page formatting, missing images, interactivity, styles, etc. in the browser are generally caused by one of 3 things:

1. You didn't upload all the files exported by Muse to your webhost. You must upload all the files, including the css, images, and scripts folders that Muse exports when you choose File > Export as HTML...

If your site was displaying properly in the past, you made some changes in Muse, exported and uploaded your changed files, and your site does not display properly, upl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Permissions on your css and scripts folders are set incorrectly.

Screen Shot 2014-06-11 at 5.38.53 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I am having the same issue. What do I have to do to fix it?

Franco Fontana Jewelry // home/en

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i've a problem with my FileZilla. When i make a website in visualstudio 2015 written in c# .aspx webform i can upload my whole website. But when i test it on a browser i only get my HTML code, maybe it's a dumb fault but i'm really stuck. my url:http://users.telenet.be/configurator/public_html/ 

i'm very grateful guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 01, 2014 Apr 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is simple to use FTP ..FileZila uploading... check this...http://www.corelangs.com/html/website/upload-website.html

Darren.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very similar problem!

I created a Website in Muse (svp-liestal.businesscatalyst.com) and wanted to upload it to my own hosting provider. When I upload it, it looks like this: www.svp-liestal.ch (ignore that the text on the start page isn't the same). I tried it out of Muse and I tried it with Filezille, both end up with the same result. When I export the HTML out of Muse and preview it, it looks right. I also checked all the permissions (at least I think so).

I hope you can help me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, I used the Adobe Muse Full Width Video Background with a .mp4 and.webm files and it works fine on the local directory and preview, but when I upload to the site's FTP, the video doesn't appear. It shows this message in the console.

(see attached image)

It says that the path is fobidden and the files aren't there but they definitely are there, I just checked the folder. I checked the folder permissions as well and everything is set up correctly...is there anything else I can do?

Capture1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The URL is test3.jstarrwebdesigntesting.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar problem. Export to html, site works fine from the desktop, yet when i upload to 3rd party host via FileZilla, the OAM files (made in adobe edge animate) aren't displaying. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using an external FTP program to upload, it's virtually always going to be one of three things:

1) Not all the files and folders were uploaded.

2) The files and/or folders weren't uploaded to the correct location.

3) The permissions on the files/folders are not set correctly.

If you can use File > Upload to FTP Host, I recommend doing so. It will minimize the set of files that are uploaded during updates and it sets folder permissions correctly for web site content if/when creating folders (whereas some FTP clients do not).

A 404 error indicates a file or folder is missing or not uploaded to the correct location on the server.

A 403 error indicates the permissions on a folder are set incorrectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue.

Most everything on the site works, except the background video, and everything in the "assetts" folder on the hosting account.  My site is:

www.fortworth148.org

I did upload directly through the file manager, and even switched hosting providers from godaddy to Blue Host to no avail.  As others have said, this is for a client, and I feel like a moron.

Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File seems to be missing or misnamed. (Note that your server is case sensitive, so swordani.jpg and SwordAni.jpg are two different file names.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing those filenames in that folder to the proper case did the trick.  Thanks man!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Zak, Any chance you could take a look at this site:

Revel Web Banner

The Edge Animation should appear just below the text, but it doesn't.

I'm getting an error on my dev console that it fails to load the file edge.6.0.0.min.map...

Which is weird because that file is in the correct directory, but called rather edge.6.0.0.min.js

The result is the animation won't load on the page. I've posted this issue across multiple thread convos regarding this problem.

Thanks!
Jonney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't appear the Edge Animation displays/runs when loaded in isolation. Does it actually work when published/viewed outside of a Muse page?

http://www.rhizomeconsulting.com/clients/simran/sandbox4/assets/revel/revel.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Zak, thanks for getting back to me.

Yes.

This is the synopsis:

The animation runs in Edge Animate program.

On export using WEB option, creating an html page, .js file and sub folders, the animation works on the root directory (not uploaded to third party go daddy hosting). I can move this to another computer and watch the animation run correctly via the html page.

On export using Animation .oam option, I can add the file to a muse site, preview it correctly in Muse. Then export the muse project to my computer's root directory and successfully view the animation via the .index.html file that Muse creates.

When either the Edge animate Web export or the Muse web export site is uploaded to my server, you what you see above, the failure to load.

Example of .oam file in Muse site, exported and uploaded to server: http://www.rhizomeconsulting.com/clients/simran/sandbox

Example of Edge Animate web export version uploaded to server: http://www.rhizomeconsulting.com/clients/simran/sandbox2/RevelAnimatedDraft1.html

Thanks,

Jonney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue - my issue is I change a link on a page and it seems like its not updating......opened the html file in dreamweaver - its not saving properly.   This is a muse issues!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2015 Jan 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You MUST make sure if you are using "Add-on domains" that the sub-directory that they are pointed to is the subdirectory into which all of the files are put

e.g. If your domain is www.berty.co.uk then when you host it as an 'ad on' domain it is likely to put into a subfolder called /public_html in a directory called 'berth' HOWEVER, I've found that if you accept all defaults then it could equally be put in a sub directory called 'bertyco'.

If you check the above element of C-Panel the go to File Manager and see where the files have been FTP'd and rename the folder to whatever you have found above e.g. 'bertyco' if that's what you found.

I've done it a few times and it's irritating but it works.

Hope this helps.

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2015 May 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My site is www.greecetravelfacilitators.com. I use blue host. I used to upload it via filezilla FTP by exporting it as HTML. I suddenly saw the image gallery not displaying properly. I reexported muse file anew and then re-uploaded, but problem persisted. I then exported with the Export to host option. Now it displays, but is extremely slow when uploading. Any help would be appreciated immensely. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zak,

I'm kind of facing the same exact issue. The test site on business catalyst seems to work fine. The offline files (generated after Export as HTML) works fine. However, when uploaded to the domain the background image and images for facebook, twitter, and mail are missing. I checked... the upload seems to have loaded the files, the permissions seem ok. What else?

Here are the sites:

Home -- business catalyst

Home -- actual

Thanks for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Permissions are wrong on the server.

Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 3.07.00 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PArdon my ignoranc. How do I fix that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2016 May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zak,

I recently published a site using a slideshow and it is not showing up for the home site (under public_html).

I moved the files to a /new folder and everything works as expected.  The permissions are set for every folder and file correctly.

My site is sum2sea.com/new (working).  The problem site was published at sum2sea.com.  Since this is a live site, I reverted the changes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dwayne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi guys,

I am having trouble uploading my first website.

URL is: www.ctrlaltdesign.com.au

I am using godaddy.com.au to host the website and have uploaded all files successfully and extracted them into the public.html folder.

Website is still not showing the styling or format in which it should be.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Trent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive been trying to upload my site from dreamweaver to my domain but every time I go through all the define my site and server and do the FTP login and everything and then do the put files button and then go to my website nothing happens why isn't it publishing my files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines