• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pinning Control

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a vertical menu pinned to side.  The problem is when scrolling down the page, the pinned vertical menu will NOT STOP before "FOOTER" section and scrolls over top.  How can I restrict it to not pass over the FOOTER area?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Place your menu vertically just above your footer (without making it a footer element) and pin it bottom right. This should solve your issue in most cases..

screen.jpg

screen2.jpg

If the browser window is very small, the menu will overlap the header area now.

This is unavoidabe, because pinning is related to the browser window and not to the position or height of the footer.

Alternatively I’d suggest to use a different kind of menu, for example a menu build out of buttons in a single sheet composition, or – even better –

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us a link!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

www.voltec-industries.com.....go to Industrial section and scroll down.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place your menu vertically just above your footer (without making it a footer element) and pin it bottom right. This should solve your issue in most cases..

screen.jpg

screen2.jpg

If the browser window is very small, the menu will overlap the header area now.

This is unavoidabe, because pinning is related to the browser window and not to the position or height of the footer.

Alternatively I’d suggest to use a different kind of menu, for example a menu build out of buttons in a single sheet composition, or – even better – a manual menu like the one you can check in this small.muse sample file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdilz0jtks09w9y/side-men%C3%BC.muse?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pinning it in the bottom right corner pushed the menu off to the right side of the web page.  This makes me wonder about my page settings. So I pinned it bottom center position and it worked. I thank you for that as well as the visuals.

However,  the top part of the vertical menu now partially hides up in the header area.  Im trouble shooting  and trying to figure it out. Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI....I figured it out.  It had to do with the page height as well as footer/header controls.  I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please go to www.voltec-industries.com, select "Industrial".  The vertical menu stops at the footer which is great.  But now it flows over top the header (no stopping point).  I've checked my header controller/page settings to no avail.  What has me stumped is that its working find under other master page tabs (automotive, electrical, rv) and I've compare them to each other, but not finding the difference??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What should I say? Did you read my post 3? Pinning is related to the browser window, not to header or footer. So you can’t achieve, what you want.

You’d have to definitely re-think this layout. I made a suggestion, if you follow my link in post 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay..understood.  I was trying to not reinvent the wheel.  Its interesting though that its only the industrial section that I cannot achieve my intent.  The other master pages are good to go.  Its just industrial section.  I will need to figure out plan B  I appreciate the sample you sent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it would be enough, if you change the layering of your header and footer elements by placing them on top of all other elements. Then your side menu will stop before reaching the footer (according to your actual design), and slide under the header elements, when the window is resized.

By the way: Actually you have to reduce you browser window in height considerably, before the side menu affects the header area. Do you think anybody will do this? Not a that big issue, I think. But if you look at my example, a two column menu like in my example will do the job quite well and there will not be any overlapping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing:

There is a free MuseThemes widget, which allows it, to come very close to you intention: „Scroll Reveal“

Here a sample file, showing, how it will work:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/svyz4mxgnbvaqhw/side-menu-2.muse?dl=0

You find this free widget here: https://www.muse-themes.com/products/scroll-reveal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you soooo much for your quick replies and expertise.  You've given me options that I will definitely use.  Very much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines