• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"An unexpected error occur processing your request." when launching Muse.

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalled AIR and Muse 7 on Windows and try to log in on Adobe ID. ID works, I am logged in here.

Issue since Friday. Several questions in this forum but no answers.

error.JPG

Message was edited by: Corey@Adobe Edited title to accurately describe the issue/error

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

There are multiple different causes of login failures. In order of frequency:

1) opm.db file becomes corrupted and must be deleted. We're working to isolate the cause of this.

The opm.db file can be found in the OOBE folder in:

on Mac: <yourusername>/Library/Application Support/Adobe

on Windows XP: <youruser>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe

on Windows 7: <youruser>\AppData\Local\Adobe

Deleting this file will often address the error.

2) Inability to get to the internet. This is most commonly due t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zak, did you come up with a solution? I can't get past the same screen. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  I can't connect on my home or my corporate network.  I'm not running any firewall.  I am running Windows 7.  Each time I try, I'm prompted by a dialog box about the certificate being unknown or untrusted.  Could this be part of the problem?  Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, any news on this topic?

would like to test the actual release trial but i cant sign in cause of this unexpected error thing=(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been emailing back and forth with the Adobe Team and they resolved my issue. The mentioned that there was some crossup in the subcription under my account. THey had to clear the server state on their backend. Sorry I cant be a little more detailed but that's what I was told and it's fixed. Seems like they also released an update for muse. I was able to contact them via email at muse-support@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no fix here? Going off ST Mikey Mike's post there's a mixup of account subscriptions, and it seems to be affecting quite a few people.

Just downloaded an update, same error. Win 7. I have the .db file in OOBE.

We have to individually email muse-support@adobe.com to have it fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are multiple different causes of login failures. In order of frequency:

1) opm.db file becomes corrupted and must be deleted. We're working to isolate the cause of this.

The opm.db file can be found in the OOBE folder in:

on Mac: <yourusername>/Library/Application Support/Adobe

on Windows XP: <youruser>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe

on Windows 7: <youruser>\AppData\Local\Adobe

Deleting this file will often address the error.

2) Inability to get to the internet. This is most commonly due to unusually strict firewall settings or anti-malware software. Muse must be able to reach:

https://na1mbls.licenses.adobe.com

https://ims-na1.adobelogin.com

https://adobeid-na1.services.adobe.com

https://na1r.services.adobe.com

You can go to these links in your browser to verify they're accessible from your machine. If they load a webpage from Adobe, then the connection is working as expected.

3) Muse incompatibility with some USB broadband connections. If your connection to the internet it through a USB broadband card, you many need to connect by other means to start your trial/subscription. We're working to address this incompatibility.

4) Account issues that require server-side fixes. To my knowledge STMikeyMike's situation is the only one to-date that's required a server-side fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Zak, deleting opm.db has fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The First Option worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've tried to get to these sites, as suggested:

https://na1mbls.licenses.adobe.com

https://ims-na1.adobelogin.com

https://adobeid-na1.services.adobe.com

https://na1r.services.adobe.com

i can get to the first one, but i'm getting "there's a problem with this website's security certificate" on the other three.  is there any way to overcome this error?  i'm running windows 7 and IE 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried deleting the opm.db file? That seems to fix the issue for most of the users.

Also, what kind internet connection do you have, wifi or usb? Try to create a new user account from the control panel and launch Muse from there and let me know how that goes?

Regards,

Abhishek Maurya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 26, 2012 Jul 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiening the 'unexpected error' problem with Muse. I am a tiny ant in a large corporation: I asked them to change their firewall settings just for me and I was told to get lost. Is Creative Cloud really designed to be incompatible with businesses? Should I cancel my account, it being effectively useless?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This has nothing to do with business or personal pc. Muse just needs to be able to contact the activation server. So, even if it is non corporate environment, if muse is not able to contact the activation servers then it will give this error.

Also you should try the troubleshooting steps posted in this thread,

"An unexpected error occur processing your request." when launching Muse.

- http://forums.adobe.com/thread/987242?start=36

Refer to the Zak's post # 36.

Regards,

Abhishek Maurya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, linking to the very forum thread that we're in at the moment is unhelpful or sarcastic. I've tried the recommended solutions but they don't work. I cannot reach three out of the four Adobe URLs quoted in Zak's post, so I have concluded that it's a firewall issue on the computers at work. There's nothing I can do about this.

I remember when Quark used to bully users over online activation that didn't work properly but refusing to do anything about it. Now Adobe's the bully. More than a few people have raised this issue in the forums concerning Muse being unusable due to its activation method, and Adobe's response appears to be that it's our fault for working at companies with secure computers. Duh, silly us.

Seriously, Adobe's reaction to this problem is extremely disappointing. Adobe's a big, professional company full of highly skilled and hard-working people. To watch them simply shrug their shoulders over this is appalling.

Ali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are working with Win XP just keep the error window open, move it to the side and work with the programm. The programm opens in the background and works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2012 Jul 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I had the third problem "Muses incompatibility with some USB broadband connections." but to fixed the problem by using wifi from my smartphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the path you recommended, but on my computer I had to go to the Shared folder to find the folders you speak of:

Users

Shared

Library

Application support

Adobe

The only folder I am seeing in here is for AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a hard time looking for it at first to. For those of you who are also try this:

1. Open windows explorer and in the explor field at the top type %appdata% and press enter (this will take you to a folder within appdata called roaming so you will need to go a folder up)

2. Back in the explorer bar at the top press appdata.

3. The first folder listed in appdata should be local, open it.

4.The first folder listed in local should be adobe, opent it.

5. Scroll down to OOBE, opent it.

6. Delete opm.db file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

best directions yet!! thanks all good. Even the 2.0 version might have to remove this file. I hope they add it in the script to delete this file next run.. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2012 Nov 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of pages and hours of reading... this was the only one that worked for me.  Thanks! For me deleting the opm.db file definitely worked... but ... when I restarted Muse, after deleting the file, I had to fo through the "re-subscribe" option one time... then I was back in! All my files were still accessible and all back to normal.  Hallelujah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2012 Nov 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An Update: There are three known causes for an I-200 error. Of these three, number 1 is the most common. We're continuing to work with the Adobe subscription/trial team to isolate the cause of the opm.db file corruption and to improve the error reporting in the case of a firewall or security software interfering with Muse contacting the subscription/trial servers.

1) The "opm.db" file has somehow become corrupted. If this is the cause, deleting this file will resolve the error. (Muse will automatically generate a new one.)

Please delete the "opm.db" file found in:

on Mac: <yourusername>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

on Windows XP: <youruser>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\OOBE

on Windows 7: <youruser>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

If you're not familiar with how to navigate to hidden files/folders on your computer:

on Mac: Use the "Go to folder" item in the "Go" menu in the Finder and enter "~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE" (without the quotes). Delete the opm.db file.

on Windows: Click on Start. Type run and press Enter. Type "%localappdata%\Adobe\OOBE\" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Delete the opm.db file.

2) Anti-virus or anti-malware software on your machine is blocking Muse' ability to connect to the internet to verify your trial or subscription. If you're running McAfee or other security software, please verify it's configured to enable Muse to connect to the internet.

3) A corporate firewall is blocking Muse from being able to connect to the internet. Muse needs to be able to reach the following four https URLs to verify your subscription:

https://na1mbls.licenses.adobe.com - should load a page that's clearly from Adobe

https://ims-na1.adobelogin.com - should load a blank page with no errors in your browser (no server not found or 404)

https://adobeid-na1.services.adobe.com - should load a blank page with no errors in your browser (no server not found or 404)

https://na1r.services.adobe.com - should load a blank page with no errors in your browser (no server not found or 404)

If any of these four URLs fail to load in your browser, you'll need to adjust the settings of your local firewall (or more likely) need to work with the IT department for your corporation to adjust the settings for the corporate firewall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Just in addition to what Zak and others have mentioned - I found the "opm.db" file, but in the folder in the following path:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

I'm using Windows7

Cheers,

~Arti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3) A corporate firewall is blocking Muse from being able to connect to the internet. Muse needs to be able to reach the following four https URLs to verify your subscription:

Zak, thank for detailed answer. Do we need a connection allowed with other ports than 80 or 8080? If yes wich ports we need  to open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

80 and 8080 should be sufficient. Muse also uses ports 33333 and 33334, but only locally for the Preview in Muse and Preview in Browser features so these ports would need to be enabled on your local machine, but I would not expect them to need to be enabled in your corporate firewall. (Note that if these ports are used by other processes, Muse will start trying consecutively higher port numbers, 33335, 33336, etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops. One more. Port 443.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops. One more. Port 443.

Zak thanks again. But I don't think that I clearly understand you.

Do we need a connection allowed with ports 80,8080 and 443? Or port 443 refers to Preview features (I think Muse can launch without this features)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines