• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Published Muse design from Bluehost/Wordpress Website?

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was playing around with muse and published a design through ftp on Bluehost to show up on my wordpress site. However, I am thoroughly confused and am opting to backtrack to a wordpress template until I learn more about web design. I'm having problems, because any template I select on wordpress is still showing up as the design i published through muse. I thought that maybe deleting the ftp i used to publish would remove it, but it's still there. I have NO idea how to remove the muse design I published and revert back a wordpress template. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

If you uploaded the Muse site to the same folder on the server where you have WordPress, you need to go into this folder using a third-party FTP client or using your hosting panel and delete all the Muse files. After that, clear your browser's cache. To find out exactly what files you need to delete, do the export of the Muse site to html, so you get the names of all the files and folders that you need to remove from the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey emi.bear,

If I understand correctly, you had a site designed with Muse and set it up on the bluehost WordPress site.

However, now you want to remove the pages created by Muse correct?

The first thing I would like to know is how did you connect the Muse site with WordPress.

You could also reach out to your host and ask them to delete all files from the server and then try uploading your WordPress site.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The wordpress site is being hosted by Bluehost. I used this Upload a Muse site to a third-party hosting service  to get the muse published by using FTP directly to the bluehost. I didn't do anything to connect muse to wordpress other than trying to get the rss blog widget to source from wordpress.

[edit; link fixed by ussnorway]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you uploaded the Muse site to the same folder on the server where you have WordPress, you need to go into this folder using a third-party FTP client or using your hosting panel and delete all the Muse files. After that, clear your browser's cache. To find out exactly what files you need to delete, do the export of the Muse site to html, so you get the names of all the files and folders that you need to remove from the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unpublish Muse, undue Muse install, uninstall muse from FTP

This worked for me. I was testing the FTP connection with a dummy site from Muse, but it concealed my published site. After freaking out for a minute in my head, I was able to find this helpful tip. I was thinking to delete the new files, but this post gave me the confidence to do it. Real simply I just went into my FTP (Hosted by Siteground) thru CPanel, went to wp-content, found the files from today which helped (make sure not to get any original files/folders that might've been updated as a result of the Muse Install, you'll have to be careful here as you might accidentally get a file that has widget files for instance), then I deleted them. I also Purged the cache just for good measure and everything was back to normal after page refresh. Whew, thank goodness!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines