• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive maps

Engaged ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Again - sorry I am full of questions at the moment!

I's like to make my Google map responsive. I found this tutorial https://www.ostraining.com/blog/coding/responsive-google-maps/

https://www.ostraining.com/blog/coding/responsive-google-maps/

But it requires me to add CSS to a style sheet - which I dont know how to do.

Can anyone help me please? To either show me how to add the CSS or point me in the direction of a reposnive map that I can use on a contavt page to show a location of a business.

Many Thanks

Julia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Ive hidden the map in smaller breakpoints now for speed as I didnt have time to mess... when this project is completed and I have more time I will do a test file. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don`t understand your problem. Why not use the google maps widget out of the box?

Looks like this between fluid width breakpoints:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-01 um 21.34.20.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Ive used Google maps but wanted to make it responsive so I dont have to keep changing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was what I wanted to show with my screenshot, it reacts fluid in fluid width breakpoints.

What`s your issue?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didnt react, just hung off the page. I am using the map embed code from Google, is there another way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Julia,

Did we miss on something?

Because the native Google maps widget has the property to be set as responsive, see below;

Please update us if there is something else you are looking for.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasnt working, the map was till hanging off the page. Ive removed it from smaller breakpoints for now. I will have to re-visit at a later stage when I have more time on this site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please help us with a small .muse file with just the map you designed and all the breakpoints so I can see what could be the problem?

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ive hidden the map in smaller breakpoints now for speed as I didnt have time to mess... when this project is completed and I have more time I will do a test file. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines