• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Should I upgrade my RAM? MUSE is slow.

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to decide one or the other...

1. Either I don't have enough RAM
  2. Muse has memory leaks / is a huge resource hog

I'm on one of the most powerful iMac's in my department and it should run all software very smoothly even for a power user... but Muse drags so slowly I sit around watching the beach ball spin half the time.

Muse v.10 Build 948, CL 767416

AIR Runtime: 3.2.0.2070

iMac 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5

8GB 1333 MHz DDR3

I only have 8GB of RAM in this machine so it's obvious a RAM upgrade would help anything - but I am unsatisfied that Muse won't work efficiently / fluidly out of the box.

Working on a Muse file with about 50 pages... any movement or opening of a page lags and shows the spinning beach ball for far too long. please advise? 

I want to trust this software will have substantial updates to its resource usage.

Sean    

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Here is an update in case anyone is keeping track of this thread.

I sent my MUSE file to Adobe and they took a look at it and recreated what I was trying to do and had no problems. (My MUSE was acting incredibly slow on some pages... 10's of minutes of spinning beachball).

I made new/different pages on my site and things were good.I just recreated the page piece by piece that I was having problems with (thinking that there is something/wrong or corrupt on that page)and all is well so far.

Thanks to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobelance,

Thanks for your reply. I moved everything off my server and placed them locally and Muse is running like a dreamsicle on hot asphalt! It cut my wait time from about 10 seconds to 2 seconds.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2013 Mar 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pinwheel.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too slow now! Unbelivable! I did the new upgrade and I had a big surprise. I'm working on a site and I cant work with muse anymore! Hello Adobe, this is a big ISSUE! I tryed start something from the zero and the problem dont stop, too slow to do everything inside Muse. Move images, etc etc...

Is there any way to downgrade for the previeus version!? URGENT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to download the old version but I'm not exactly sure where. Maybe Adobe can point you in the right direction. I know it's a "tad" bit slower but not crippling for me. Believe me I feel your pain. Hope you get it sorted out. If I can find a link I will post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rogersphoto, what are you finding slower? These are the first two reports I've seen of Muse 7 being slower than Muse 6. Can you send us your MuseLog.txt? Perhaps it will show something suspect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on your assets panel, then click the warning icon. See if any pictures or "assets" have a warning next to them. This was my problem when things went slow. I had to make sure that every asset had a different name, because if it didn't Muse would not like it, and move really slo

w.Muse assets.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is your .muse file stored (local hard drive or network volume)?

Where are your images stored (local hard drive or network volume)?

What platform and operating system version are you using?

Please send the MuseLog.txt file from your Documents folder to muse-support@adobe.com along with a link to this thread (for context). It may provide some clue why performance is slow on your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to rollback to the previous version of Muse but the options don't seem to be there in the apps.  I therefore continued working with this one, the speed seemed fine so long as I didn't play with the responsive tools (which is what I was so excited about).  I'm therefore using it as before but one other thing that cropped up is that by using the "only modified files" setting, it uploads hundreds of pages.   That was an issue a couple versions ago and unfortunately it's back!  My first upload even for one page change (not master pages), it uploaded the entire site.  I thought maybe as the software was re-written that it was normal as the coding was different for each page.  I therefore did another minor change and tried uploading again, it uploaded one page and 176 files just for one link change.  As I have lot's of viewers on my site, it creates a lot of errors for them as it takes so long to upload.  It would be great if you could also resolve this bug.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.

My Muse version was running very fast but now it is so slow that i can do other things while it's opening a single page of any project.

I'm very afraid to upgrade to Muse 7 and this issue still remains...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

felipemello,

Where is your .muse file and placed assets stored? On a local drive, removable drive, or network volume?

Is your computer running mac or windows?

What version of Muse are you using?

If you create a new Muse site, is that slow too? Or is it just one muse site that's slow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi adobelance,

I have the same issue. It's so slowly the app and I tried to resize assets and local drive but can't work. I have a macbook pro i5 10gb ram. Then, I spend more time doing some change then the application stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got slow down when i edit or drop a "Adobe Muse Exchange" in library

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2014 Sep 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 16mb ram and I have the same problem. It's not the memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a superfast new system with lightning quick speeds.  Only this one program, MUSE complains,  Not having thumbnails selected in the sitemap helps but I only need to have 3 or 4 pages open and the mouse crawls rather than scampers with interminable waits for menus.  This is an excellent program but rapidly becoming unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am busy on a massive muse site, and it just freezes up, watching the task manager it never uses more than 1 gig of my 16 gigs of RAM, why cant it acess more ? Is it becasue it's 32 bit ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This latest update is very slow to "convert user libraries" after the installation. A very long process that I don't remember from any other updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 24 gigs of RAM, I can edit 4K video on Premiere without a hitch, and since this new Muse update, it's become unworkable. So I don't think RAM will help,  the whole system almost comes to a halt at times.  I have over 170 pages but the previous version worked like a charm.  I hope Adobe can be fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joel,

Could you send in your muse file so we can take a look at the slowness you're seeing?

Please send it to muse-support@adobe.com along with a note describing what actions seem to be slow. If your file is > 20MB please use a filesharing service to send your file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing, I'll get on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Since updating to the new responsive Muse, it's SOOOOOO slow. So slow that when I click a text box, it takes a good 3 seconds to even recognize that I clicked it. Basically unusable on a brand new iMac with 24GB of RAM. And I was so excited to start using the new features. Major bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 20, 2016 Feb 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that removing the "Assets Panel" makes a big difference in speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i've noticed this as well, but having the assets panel closed doesn't really work for me as i'm updating links a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nicolemeza‌ - Does this slowness happen in a new Muse site, or an existing site? If it just happens in one particular site, I'd like to get a copy of your site so I can investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was an existing one in the process of converting to responsive.  Cut and paste virtually came to a stop it was so slow.  I have already submitted my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lance, how do I send you a copy of my site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines