• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created the site http://www.blackdot.com in Muse 7.4.3 with no issues. Just updated the .muse file today to Muse CC 2014 and reloaded to our web server. Now I am getting the error "Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect." when viewing the site from the latest version of all browsers (Safari, Firefox, Chrome) on a Mac and all browsers on a PC (Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Explorer), also mobile Safari on an iPad.

My connection is wired broadband, not a mobile or wireless connection. I am not using the Muse "Upload to FTP host…" option and will not be using it. I am simply exporting as HTML and copying the files to my server. I have deleted all files from the web server and recopied the updated site with the same error result. This is the exact same procedure I used to load the initial site with the prior version of Muse.

It does not seem like there is an existing solution to this problem although many others are experiencing it. It looks like I will need to manually edit each page to remove the error message coding from the html files.

If anyone can provide an easier workaround, I'd appreciate it.

UPDATE 7/9/2014

For anyone else experiencing this issue, I was able to edit the .html files for my site to remove the code responsible for this alert message. If you wish to edit your .html files you must make the same edit to every .html file in your site export including the top level "index.html" and all .html files inside the "tablet" and "phone" folders if you have them.

The coding to remove is at the bottom of each .html file:

(Muse.assets.outOfDate.length||Muse.assets.required.length)&&alert("Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author.")

Make sure you do not remove any semicolons or braces {} when making this edit. Just remove the text shown above. You will obviously need to remake these edits if you export your site as HTML in the future.

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Most of the bugs with this issue have been fixed in the 2017.0.2 update released on February 13. Please update to the latest version and let us know if you are still facing this issue. Muse 2017.0.2 is now live

If you continue to face this issue, see the solutions in Some files on the server may be incorrect or missing

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 124 Replies 124
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The insight from the Muse.assets command in the Java Developer Console is helpful, we're having this warning and have an issue with being able to replace the "versions" of the 7 javascript files "out of date" due to another developer generating the page for the gallery on this page with likely an earlier version of Muse, fortunately none of the required files appear to actually be "missing";

http://proxproperty.com/construction-original.html

Muse.assets

Object {required: Array[0], outOfDate: Array[8]}outOfDate: Array[8]0: "museutils.js"1: "jquery.musemenu.js"2: "jquery.musepolyfill.bgsize.js"3: "webpro.js"4: "musewpslideshow.js"5: "jquery.museoverlay.js"6: "touchswipe.js"7: "jquery.watch.js"length: 8

We do not have the original files for this gallery (just the exported HTML), so the first thought was just to suppress the error as first suggested in this thread, removing from the original HTML code:

http://proxproperty.com/construction-gallery.html

(Muse.assets.outOfDate.length||Muse.assets.required.length)c="Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author.",

However, the structure is slightly different now for this error warning, and when removing the above text an error of "Object object" is now returned.  If I remove up to the next parenthesis the gallery results in the error message from being suppressed, however, the gallery script is broken due to now two javascript files being "missing".

http://proxproperty.com/construction-gallery-broken.html

Thanks for any additional insight!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The .html and .css files on your site were generated using Muse 2014.2.1.

The .js files on your site are from Muse 2014.2.0.

Things needs to all be from the same version of Muse to work properly.

When the pages were exported from Muse the output would have included the .html files along with folders for scripts, styles and images (and possibly assets). Since the .css files are for the correct version, it appears that folder was updated on the server. However it appears the scripts folder on the server was not updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Solved it by renaming the pages - exporting them again (it worked) then renaming them back and uploading again !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having this issue again with www.lawrenceoshea.com.

Previously this published fine but I made a text update tonight and it's all gone awry.

I have changed the audio player in case this was the issue but it appears not.

I have uploaded all files as new and tried the renaming tip, to no avail.

Any assistance appreciated, thanks!

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been dealing with the "missing files" issue for months and am about to stop using Muse.  I have worked with tech support, read every piece of information I could find and in my opinion, there is a major issue with the Muse product and or Business Catalyst.  Time to look at wordpress again unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inexplicably, the site is fine again, I deleted and reuploaded in full several times, but would still appreciate any assistance.

I raised this in a lengthy thread last year, so it's a bit disappointing for it to re-appear when making minor updates to a site, hope there is an answer out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I do have a problem with the publishing of the the website: www.laramie-ranch.de

Since I updated some files in Muse (v. 2014.3), I published via business catalysts and everything appear and is correct. When I publish all files via Muse to FTP then there are Errors. What can I do to solve the problem? I already export to HTML and imported all file via FileZilla. Same result.

Attached you will find two screen-shoots 1. Correct (business catalysts) 2. Incorrect (Server)

Thanks for your help in advance.

Bildschirmfoto 2015-05-10 um 13.42.12.png

2.Bildschirmfoto 2015-05-10 um 13.42.01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Hi,

Do the images appear if you resize the browser?

I gave up on having a master page in the end, which is frustrating, but found no other way to solve the issue. Like you i had an existing site that i updated using the newer version of muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes animated GIFs work in Muse and sometimes they don't.

Pasting them as a text element seems to kill the animation.

I am using Muse 2014.2.1.10, CL 787362. I'm scared to upgrade.

When you add Add alt text and tooltips in use is it added to the Metadata of the original file?

If it isn't is there a way I can enter it in Bridge and have Muse extract it. I was thinking that it would be nice to be able to right click on the image and see all of the fields of Metadata and be able to select which ones I want included in the image for the document.

_dh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David Healy‌ Muse does not have an image processing engine for cropping or resizing or otherwise altering animated GIF images. Therefore when using an animated GIF you need to create it at the exact size it will be used in Muse and not alter in Muse (via resizing, cropping or applying inner glow or bevel effects).

The current version of Muse is 2014.3.2.11 (the second dot release of 2014.3). It was released April 1st. It's very solid. I recommend updating. The next release will be 2015.0.0. The release notes are here <Adobe Muse Help | Release notes | Adobe Muse CC>.

There's currently no access to the embedded meta data within a placed/imported image. Feature request noted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

falko@aufdesign‌ A number of files are missing from the server.

Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 9.38.24 AM.png

If you're using File > Upload to FTP Host, select the "Upload: All Files" option. If you've uploaded using other methods in the past, Muse may be confused about what files are, or are not, already on the server. If you select "Upload: All Files" that will get Muse back in sync with what's on the server.

If you're using File > Export to HTML and uploading using a separate tool, please repeat the export process and export to a completely empty folder (not over top of a previous export). Then re-upload all the files and folders that were exported by Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Zak,

I'm having the same problem. "Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect." It only starting happening on our website once I switched the location that my files are saved to. I went into the assets panel and all the links were broken. I relinked to the correct location but Muse had a problem making the path changes. It navigate to the new path but won't save the new path. Next I tried deleting the assets and re placing them. All the paths seem right now but still getting the error. What complicates this problem further is that I have use a NBCSN vendor wrapper. I know that would seem to point to a code problem with the wrapper but I use the same wrapper with a sister site with no problems. I need to wrap all the pages. You can view both sites to compare.

www.nbcsnoutdoors360.com (working)

www.nbcsnauto360.com (not working)

Any input that you have would be extremely helpful. Even a temporary workaround would help. I need to repair this site asap.

Thanks,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2015 May 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out that it wasn't an asset problem in this case. I just had to move the scripts down the page beneath the body code. The muse scripts were trying to load too soon creating the error code. Repaired site can be viewed at: www.nbcsnauto360.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zak,

I'm getting the same error. I relinked all the missing assets on muse and published again to BC and still get the error.

www.red-ring.net

I need to fix this asap.

Thanks,

Ricardo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re-named the page just like Majkeinar did, and that fixed the problem. But that shouldn't happen. What can avoid this again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to use a html file created in muse as an include. Whenever I try to include the html file I get this message. If you remove the alert from this javascript code, the message will no longer appear.

With missing files message

<script type="text/javascript">

$(document).ready(function() { try {

(function(){var a={},b=function(a){if(a.match(/^rgb/))return a=a.replace(/\s+/g,"").match(/([\d\,]+)/gi)[0].split(","),(parseInt(a[0])<<16)+(parseInt(a[1])<<8)+parseInt(a[2]);if(a.match(/^\#/))return parseInt(a.substr(1),16);return 0};(function(){$('link[type="text/css"]').each(function(){var b=($(this).attr("href")||"").match(/\/?css\/([\w\-]+\.css)\?(\d+)/);b&&b[1]&&b[2]&&(a[b[1]]=b[2])})})();(function(){$("body").append('<div class="version" style="display:none; width:1px; height:1px;"></div>');

for(var c=$(".version"),d=0;d<Muse.assets.required.length;){var f=Muse.assets.required,g=f.match(/([\w\-\.]+)\.(\w+)$/),k=g&&g[1]?g[1]:null,g=g&&g[2]?g[2]:null;switch(g.toLowerCase()){case "css":k=k.replace(/\W/gi,"_").replace(/^([^a-z])/gi,"_$1");c.addClass(k);var g=b(c.css("color")),h=b(c.css("background-color"));g!=0||h!=0?(Muse.assets.required.splice(d,1),"undefined"!=typeof a&&(g!=a>>>24||h!=(a&16777215))&&Muse.assets.outOfDate.push(f)):d++;c.removeClass(k);break;case "js":k.match(/^jquery-[\d\.]+/gi)&&

typeof $!="undefined"?Muse.assets.required.splice(d,1):d++;break;default:throw Error("Unsupported file type: "+g);}}c.remove();if(Muse.assets.outOfDate.length||Muse.assets.required.length)c="Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author.",(d=location&&location.search&&location.search.match&&location.search.match(/muse_debug/gi))&&Muse.assets.outOfDate.length&&(c+="\nOut of date: "+Muse.assets.outOfDate.join(",")),d&&Muse.assets.required.length&&(c+="\nMissing: "+Muse.assets.required.join(",")),alert(c)})()})();

Without missing files message

<script type="text/javascript">

$(document).ready(function() { try {

(function(){var a={},b=function(a){if(a.match(/^rgb/))return a=a.replace(/\s+/g,"").match(/([\d\,]+)/gi)[0].split(","),(parseInt(a[0])<<16)+(parseInt(a[1])<<8)+parseInt(a[2]);if(a.match(/^\#/))return parseInt(a.substr(1),16);return 0};(function(){$('link[type="text/css"]').each(function(){var b=($(this).attr("href")||"").match(/\/?css\/([\w\-]+\.css)\?(\d+)/);b&&b[1]&&b[2]&&(a[b[1]]=b[2])})})();(function(){$("body").append('<div class="version" style="display:none; width:1px; height:1px;"></div>');

for(var c=$(".version"),d=0;d<Muse.assets.required.length;){var f=Muse.assets.required,g=f.match(/([\w\-\.]+)\.(\w+)$/),k=g&&g[1]?g[1]:null,g=g&&g[2]?g[2]:null;switch(g.toLowerCase()){case "css":k=k.replace(/\W/gi,"_").replace(/^([^a-z])/gi,"_$1");c.addClass(k);var g=b(c.css("color")),h=b(c.css("background-color"));g!=0||h!=0?(Muse.assets.required.splice(d,1),"undefined"!=typeof a&&(g!=a>>>24||h!=(a&16777215))&&Muse.assets.outOfDate.push(f)):d++;c.removeClass(k);break;case "js":k.match(/^jquery-[\d\.]+/gi)&&

typeof $!="undefined"?Muse.assets.required.splice(d,1):d++;break;default:throw Error("Unsupported file type: "+g);}}c.remove();if(Muse.assets.outOfDate.length||Muse.assets.required.length)c="Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author.",(d=location&&location.search&&location.search.match&&location.search.match(/muse_debug/gi))&&Muse.assets.outOfDate.length&&(c+="\nOut of date: "+Muse.assets.outOfDate.join(",")),d&&Muse.assets.required.length&&(c+="\nMissing: "+Muse.assets.required.join(","))(c)})()})();

Simply remove ,alert at the end of the javascript code to stop the file from throwing up the alert box with the missing files message. I hope this works for other people in a similar situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guy's, do you have any explanation for this error message?

Any help with be gratefully received.

IMG_3114.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely you have inserted code via Insert HTML and/or via third party widgets that's loading a second (different version) copy of jQuery. A single webpage can only use one copy of jQuery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zak,

Thank you for your response, strange as this landing only consists of a browser fill and text? A 3rd party widget meaning a fullscreen gallery or animated page transition from the toolbox?

I also got the same message with this website: El Madronal Residence | Bespoke Luxury Villas | Home

Would you be able to take a quick look at the source code and see if there is code that is causing latency?

Your help is very much appreciated.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden my mobile site is giving me an error message. Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. I've deleted everything and uploaded it again and still the same problem. www.elkgrovehub.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated website today by exporting HTML from the latest version of Muse and uploading through Dreamweaver. I am now receiving "Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect...". Chrome developer tools are telling me that a scripts/watinput.js file is missing. I have tried re-uploading several times with no luck. Any idea of how I may correct this issue? Website is: Home

Thank you!

Best,

Jessi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error message "Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author."  I'm running the April 2016 version of Muse.  Looking at the Chrome Developer console it (Home) says there is a problem loading the museutils.js file:

Screen Shot 2016-04-15 at 7.57.19 PM.png

When I tried uploading directly from Muse to my provider Enom, it said it could not upload all the files.  When I exported the website and uploaded all the files via Dreamweaver, it does not upload museutils.js either.  What is it in that file that Enom will not allow?

Thanks,

Timothy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm continuing to troubleshoot this problem.  I copied the latest version of the museutils.js from adobe-muse.github.io/museutils.js at master · Adobe-Muse/adobe-muse.github.io · GitHub and manually created the file in the File Browser of Enom's Plesk Control panel, then I copy pasted in its code.  After reloading, it gave me this new error related to the use.typkit.net website and the OpenSans font I'm using. The Typekit website indicates OpenSans is available to our Barstow Unified School District's license.  Could the font be the problem?  I will retry when I get back to work on Monday.

Screen Shot 2016-04-15 at 8.14.33 PM.png

I wish the School District's license would work from home on my Mac.

Cheers,

Timothy Brinkley

Barstow High School

CTE/ICT Educator

Timothy Brinkley • Profile - Barstow High School

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a god damn nightmare, had high hopes for muse but right now it's worthless because of stupid shit like this..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most of the bugs with this issue have been fixed in the 2017.0.2 update released on February 13. Please update to the latest version and let us know if you are still facing this issue. Muse 2017.0.2 is now live

If you continue to face this issue, see the solutions in Some files on the server may be incorrect or missing

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines