• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stipulating Object Spacing

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to control the vertical spacing of objects on a webpage?

I would like to have a vertical array of kitchen pictures my cabinet shop produces.

Below each image would be a picture identification number.

When having a conversation on the telephone my customers and I could talk about Kitchen #4 - Picture 3.

I would to have all these pictures & ID numbers center aligned with 10 Pixel spacing between vertical elements.

Is there a way to create this 10 pixel spacing by selecting all objects on page and stipulating 10 pixel spacing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

If you group one of these elements (picture and text) and drag it downwards by pressing ALT, the group will be duplicated. Place the element as intended.

If you repeat this procedure, the smart guides will indicate, when the same distance as between element 1 and 2 is reached. Thus a grid can be created quite fast.

Screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you group one of these elements (picture and text) and drag it downwards by pressing ALT, the group will be duplicated. Place the element as intended.

If you repeat this procedure, the smart guides will indicate, when the same distance as between element 1 and 2 is reached. Thus a grid can be created quite fast.

Screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is one more way to distribute your elements:

• If you don’t group the objects, but keep them separately, use the procedure, shown in this small screencast:

• If you need grouped elements, add one more single element as first or last object of all others and use this as key element by clicking onto it, while all other elements are already selected. Then use the „Distribute Spacing“ command. Afterward you may delete the key element and reposition the other ones:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank  you Günter for the screencasts.

I have some more questions:

I could not replicate your outcome.

It appeared as though you selected four objects in sequence then selected the first (key?) object again.

At this point in the screencast a numeric value showed up in the distribute spacing dialog box.

What modifier key were you holding down as you selected the various objects?

You mention an ALT key.  What would be the equivalent key on an Apple iMac computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, what do you mean by "KEY" object?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind G¨ünter, I figured it out.

You need to hold the shift key down while you are selecting the batch of objects but once they are selected you simply click on the first object without holding the shift key down.

Still curious about the "KEY" designation means.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are correct. I think, this object should be better named as „reference object“ or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines