• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tablet version. Header isn't appear at the top of the page. I adjusted that in a master page.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there.

Can you help me with that issue?

I managed to do that at desktop page but failed at tablet vestion.

I attached tablet layout and desktop layout

tablet.PNGdesktop.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Quite a simple issue – if you make yourself clear, how layers are working in Muse:

• Go to your master page.
  • Open the „Layers“ panel and create a new layer above the existing one, by clicking onto the „New Layer“ icon at the bottom of the panel.

Screen2.jpg

• Now open the already existing layer by clicking onto the small triangle before the layer entry and drag the two rectangle, listed there, „onto“ the newly created layer.

Now all works as expected.

But why?

Layers in Muse necessarily are working site-wide, not pag

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us a .muse file to investigate. Read this before: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the link Adobe Creative Cloud

I created a new muse file and tried to imitate the problem.

I was amazed to find out that I have that problem at desktop layer also.

I definitely don't understand something.

Thanks in advance

Andrei

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite a simple issue – if you make yourself clear, how layers are working in Muse:

• Go to your master page.
  • Open the „Layers“ panel and create a new layer above the existing one, by clicking onto the „New Layer“ icon at the bottom of the panel.

Screen2.jpg

• Now open the already existing layer by clicking onto the small triangle before the layer entry and drag the two rectangle, listed there, „onto“ the newly created layer.

Now all works as expected.

But why?

Layers in Muse necessarily are working site-wide, not page wide. What means, element on a master page are not necessarily placed on top of all other elements (if this were the case, you couldn’t create a background image on a master page)

So, you placed elements on your master page, went to layout page and continued to place elements. But these elements reside in front of master page elements and on the same layer as your master page elements!

Therefore I would suggest the following workflow:

Always create a layer only for master page elements, which have to be displayed in front of all other elements. Name it very cleaR as „foregroud elements“ or something like that.

Take care, that you don’t place elements – on master or layout pages – onto this layer. If you want to be sure, that this will not happen, lock the layer by clicking into the „padlock“ field:

Screen.jpg

By the way: thank you so much for respecting the „rules“ , when uploading a .muse file for investigation! You won’t believe, how many users simply upload their 200 MB site without any comment, hoping somebody will find a way though such a file’s labyrinth and isolate an issue.

Looking forward to see the next .muse file from you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Günter, thank you so much for your help, tips and concern. You're answer is a very clear. Much appreciated.

I agree it's such a simple issue, to many things lay in front of us and we don't even pay closer look.

You've made my day (again)

You're welcome. I always try to be in others shoes and make sure that I made something as easy as possible for somebody.

Thank you so much.

Andrei

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines