Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Troubleshooting issues with Adobe Muse 2015.2

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you proceed...

Update to the latest version of Muse that was released on June 20, 2016.  To check for the new update, click the gear icon in your Creative Cloud desktop app, and select Check for app updates. After the installation is complete, open Muse, and select Help > About. The version number should be 2015.2.1.21. Most of the bugs reported in 2015.2 have been fixed in this update. However, if this is an issue with your widget being incompatible with 2015.2, contact your widget developer to upgrade the widget to be compatible with the latest Muse version.

Site does not appear as intended after publishing through Adobe Muse 2015.2, JavaScript errors when publishing.

Your site was working as intended when published in the previous version of Adobe Muse 2015.1. But after moving your files over to the latest version of Muse and publishing it, you encounter the following issues:

• JavaScript error messages
  • Issues with how your page is being displayed in the web browser.

Solution

These issues are probably because of incompatibilities with some third-party widgets with the latest version of Adobe Muse.

To find the widgets that are causing a conflict, open a copy of your site on the Muse 2015.2. Delete widgets one by one and publish your site after each instance to identify the widgets causing issues. Please contact developers of these widgets to have your issue fixed. Meanwhile, continue using the previous version of Muse.

To install a previous version, see http://blogs.adobe.com/adobecare/2015/06/16/how-to-find-and-install-previous-version-of-adobe-apps-i...

There is one more known potential cause of pages appearing unformatted and with missing content. In Muse 2015.2, Muse now generates caching directives in .htaccess files when using File > Upload to FTP Host. These directives greatly improve page load times from the second user visit onwards. We’re aware of one hosting provider whose Apache server configuration conflicted with these directives. The end result was that none of the .css, .js or image files for the site would load. There may be others. To resolve this issue, the hosting provider needs to enable AllowOverride Indexes in the httpd.conf in Apache.

Business Catalyst: Site name not displayed in Publish to Settings dialog box
Error: Currently associated site is not available to this user

A bug has been logged for this issue to be fixed in a future update. Stay tuned.

See this document: https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/kb/Associated_site_is_not_available_to_this_user.html

Double-slash at the end of the domain name when publishing through Business Catalyst

Solution: See Why is 2 slashes after the domain name now, when you have to publish a site live after the new updat...

A bug has been logged for this issue to be fixed in a future update. Stay tuned.

SiteFile.getBinaryContent called before SiteFile.writeToStream

Crash When Uploading - SiteFile.getBinaryContent called before SiteFile.writeToStream

JavaScript exception: Error calling selector function: [object error] after latest Adobe Muse software update.

This issue is mostly caused by custom HTML elements in your code.

JavaScript exception: Error calling selector function: [object error] after latest Adobe Muse softwa...

Muse 2015 update has broken my site: "MuseJSAssert: Error calling selector function:TypeError: jQuer...

Moving Object to another layer changes its position

See Moving object to another layer changes it position.

Error 400 when uploading through Business Catalyst

See these discussions:

Unable to publish site on BC After Muse update to 2015.2 - error 400

Typekit: Error 400 Font Not Available

Muse error- P has inconsistent number of children across breakpoints in text frame U199116 [was: Muse has encountered an error]

Ref: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2169886

Muse supports different text formatting per breakpoint, but the text content (the plain text) and structure (lists, paragraphs, links etc.) is expected to be consistent between breakpoints. The error indicates that somehow text content or structure for a breakpoint has gone out of sync.

Workaround (available in Adobe Muse CC 2015.2):

1. Open the "Edit > Spelling > User Dictionary" dialog
  2. Click the "Done" button with Shift+Command (Mac) or Shift+Ctrl (Win) keys held down. (This fixes the inconsistency, but breakpoint-specific text formatting may have been lost)
  3. Open the file MuseLog.txt from the Documents folder
  4. Looks for messages like "Fixed text model inconsistency in text frame with text ... on page ... at breakpoint(s) ..."
  5. Manually reapply custom text formatting for text frames/breakpoints specified in these log messages

Still facing issues?

If you tried the solutions, and they did not work for you, please get in touch with customer support http://adobe.ly/21iudtV

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if there is another answer to this; however the few websites that I had saved in the latest version were not complete websites; so I have replicated the content into the older version. Basically rebuilt the sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately you are unable to open a new version in the old version and I was unable to merge any of the changes from the new version into the old version as well. I basically had to start from an older version prior to the upgrade and make all changes again.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New problem when I'm trying to upload my site.

I had problem during the upload as I reported (SiteFile.getBinaryContent called before SiteFile.writeToStream)

But now i don't even get to start the upload. After the FTP login This massage shows and crash the program.

I didn't  change any thing in my site. I made now actions. Just try again to upload.

It's been now almost 1 week and my client it's going crazy. I just can upload his site any more.

Please HELP me guys!!!

Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 9.45.35 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was unable to troubleshoot the issue, even with assistance. I had to uninstall the new version reinstall the older version in order to get it to work

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to change the link to a file to a new file is causing Muse to crash. Muse 2015.2 is sooooo bad.Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 3.36.13 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In Order to deal with Text flow inconsistency, just try to follow the steps mentioned in this post - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2169886

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, have been dealing with many issues on client sites opened and revised in MUSE 2015.2. It's costing me a lot of valuable time. I keep hoping every day to see an update that addresses so many of these bugs. I have been with Muse since the early days and know how far they have come but this update is the worst to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This latest version is very frustrating to use, from the simplest task of previewing to scrolling is very slow to respond. I can't even move forward in updating my website. I really hope this gets better soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2016 Jul 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likewise with all the comments above the new release is an unbelievable mess and I am very surprised with Adobe and its Quality Control or lack of Quality Control?

The external widgets that I bought have been deleted, I badly need them otherwise Muse is pointless for me. I have entered into contract with these widget companies so further losses will occur. Muse was sold to me as being easy to use but this will no longer be the case.

I am also experiencing the same frustrations as the other users when eventually deleting the latest version 2015.2 and trying to use the previous version of Muse 2015.1, after doing all the work I get a message saying I cannot mix and match files from 2015.2 and 2015.1.

Basically Adobe are telling me I got to rebuild all existing sites and to do it without the external tools I purchased. I presume all users will be refunded and offered a release from all contracts?

Please put the widgets back so we can continue to use Adobe Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2016 Jul 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have many of the previously mentioned  issues! 😞 as well as a third party widget now not working when published... Google Map Styler from QooQee. It was working fine prior to latest Muse update. now I can preview the map OK, but when published only get a grey box with the following:

Oops! Something went wrong.

This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details.

Adobe support says its a Third party developer issue (QooQee), QooQee say it is an uploading .js error by muse ???? No one taking any responsibility & Nothing helps as the map doesn't show... so what am I to do? Paid good money for CC subscription, third party widgets etc and can't get a simple map to publish and preview as it should.

I just hope that a Muse update very very soon fixes all these issues, or as many others have said - may have to look at a more stable alternative or go broke!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Preran,

I posted an issue here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2179675

Summary:

- image within an list (ordered or unordered)

- text wrapping enabled, image floats left

- bullets or numbers don't wrap with the text, remain left of the image

This is contrary to the HTML specification.

Please inform the programmer about these error.

Kindly regards

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to concur that I'm having the same issue as many others have already posted.  My only solution has been to revert back to a previous version of Muse, but the main reason I upgraded in the first place was that I hoped it fixed a growing amount of errors that I was experiencing.

I hope there is a fix/update very soon to address our concerns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Silly me, I did not save a version of my site in Muse 2015.1 and immediately saved an updated version in Muse 2015.2, to my regret. I cannot get updates to get published in the new version of the software, as it insists I am not an authorized user and automatically tries to create a new website under a new name....which I do not want to pay for. Yes, I could go back to Muse 2015.1, but my site is now incompatible with that version. WTF? Please get these fixes out ASAP. We are counting on you, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every thing is wrong, adobe creative cloud wont let me go back to the old version.

¿When are you planing on releasing an update that will fix these issues?

Give us a date, we are loosing time and money. There is no going back once you

saved a project in the new version 2015.2.1.2 rather than building the hole site.

¿Is there any other alternative? I am talking about 4 weeks of full time work!!!!

and i have a deadline next monday.

¿Are you planning on releasing a new update any time soon?

Say something so we can make a decision!!!! : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update is 2015.2.1. I don't know of any other update that is going to be released soon.

Did you try the procedure in How to Find and Install Previous Version of Adobe Apps in CC 2015 | Adobe Customer Care Team  to install a previous version of the application. What happens when you do that?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peran, thank you for answering.

Of what i read there is no going back once you saved on the new version ¿is it true?

I get this message when trying to go back to previos version.

Here is a link to my site.

IDM Impulsora Desarrollos México

¿What do you recommend?

Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 11.16.19 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Juan,

You can uninstall the latest version and reinstall the older version. However, anything you have created or saved into that latest version WILL NOT OPEN in the older version.

What I did: I kept both the old and the new versions opened to reference my creations in the new and recreate it in the old. Peran is good at helping with the uninstall info. There is a chat support to assist as well... they are good. I can find the link if Peran does not provide it.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your support.

I think the only solution is going back to previous version and start from scratch : (

Good luck to you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the latest version of Adobe Muse installed on your computer, you can install the previous version without uninstalling the latest. However, you will not be able to use both the versions simultaneously. From the screenshot you have provided, it looks like an installation issue. I suggest posting your query on the Creative Cloud download and install forum. The experts there should be able to help you quickly.

About your question on using a previous version, you will not be able to use your files if you did not create a backup before porting them to the latest version of Muse. In other words, use a backup copy of your files created in the previous version of Muse after you installed the previous version. If you do not have a backup, I suggest contacting support Contact us | Adobe  for workaround solutions.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okokokok.

Should consider an option to save a project in different versions or at least ensure to warn users to backup their projects

before updating.

Honestly ¿do you think there is a way workaround a solution?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so disappointed in Adobe.

I am partnered with Adobe Business Catalyst and have been running my business for 6 years solely relying on Adobe's Creative Suite.... & Business Catalyst...this has been my bread and butter.

The experience since this tainted release has been disheartening. I have finally rolled back Muse to the version before June 21... on both my Macs ... and have recreated the websites that were tainted with the update.

I feel sorry for all of us in this boat, and especially sorry for the widget creators who have partnered with MUSE to create the widgets they do... Now, their clients who have trusted to update their Muse at the end of June, are being told to DELETE the widgets, and this will fix their errors.

What kind of alliance is this for the widget creators and Adobe?

And what kind of alliance is this for partners such as myself and Adobe?

In addition to this, I have found several service applications not related to Adobe, that can combine services for me to provide to our clients. During this search, I found out that Business Catalyst does not support side code on their servers, such as PHP, RUBY, .....etc.

I HAD 100% confidence in Adobe at one time, and would have referred anyone to them in a heartbeat.

But now, one month and a few days since this horrible update...and that confidence is non-existent.

This whole thing has had me reconsidering our services that we offer here at 8 Trees Studio....And if something drastic does not improve these services, I will have to reconsider the length of time I will keep the doors open.

Signed,

Very disappointed Adobe Partner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree...

Signed,

Very disappointed Adobe Partner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assert: "An error was found in parsing MusePrefs Error: Error #2014: Feature is not available at this time.

what do I do with this error? version windows 7 32 bit This error closes the program please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I can post a bug (at least I think it's a bug) here, then here we go:

After installing 2015.2 my recaptcha field in my form is always on active.

I tried to to delete the current form and add a new form, but the problems remains the same. The active state only appears on the recaptcha field.

Somebody else experiencing this problem?

Problem can be found here and here: http://juliansverhalen.nl/stuur-je-woord.html and here http://juliansverhalen.nl/contact.html

Please help

Best,

Julian

Schermafbeelding 2016-08-09 om 16.50.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. If I delete all elements that are scaled to 100% browser width, the page is displayed properly after publishing online. Once an object is scaled to 100%, only a blank page is displayed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines