Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Troubleshooting issues with Adobe Muse 2015.2

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you proceed...

Update to the latest version of Muse that was released on June 20, 2016.  To check for the new update, click the gear icon in your Creative Cloud desktop app, and select Check for app updates. After the installation is complete, open Muse, and select Help > About. The version number should be 2015.2.1.21. Most of the bugs reported in 2015.2 have been fixed in this update. However, if this is an issue with your widget being incompatible with 2015.2, contact your widget developer to upgrade the widget to be compatible with the latest Muse version.

Site does not appear as intended after publishing through Adobe Muse 2015.2, JavaScript errors when publishing.

Your site was working as intended when published in the previous version of Adobe Muse 2015.1. But after moving your files over to the latest version of Muse and publishing it, you encounter the following issues:

• JavaScript error messages
  • Issues with how your page is being displayed in the web browser.

Solution

These issues are probably because of incompatibilities with some third-party widgets with the latest version of Adobe Muse.

To find the widgets that are causing a conflict, open a copy of your site on the Muse 2015.2. Delete widgets one by one and publish your site after each instance to identify the widgets causing issues. Please contact developers of these widgets to have your issue fixed. Meanwhile, continue using the previous version of Muse.

To install a previous version, see http://blogs.adobe.com/adobecare/2015/06/16/how-to-find-and-install-previous-version-of-adobe-apps-i...

There is one more known potential cause of pages appearing unformatted and with missing content. In Muse 2015.2, Muse now generates caching directives in .htaccess files when using File > Upload to FTP Host. These directives greatly improve page load times from the second user visit onwards. We’re aware of one hosting provider whose Apache server configuration conflicted with these directives. The end result was that none of the .css, .js or image files for the site would load. There may be others. To resolve this issue, the hosting provider needs to enable AllowOverride Indexes in the httpd.conf in Apache.

Business Catalyst: Site name not displayed in Publish to Settings dialog box
Error: Currently associated site is not available to this user

A bug has been logged for this issue to be fixed in a future update. Stay tuned.

See this document: https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/kb/Associated_site_is_not_available_to_this_user.html

Double-slash at the end of the domain name when publishing through Business Catalyst

Solution: See Why is 2 slashes after the domain name now, when you have to publish a site live after the new updat...

A bug has been logged for this issue to be fixed in a future update. Stay tuned.

SiteFile.getBinaryContent called before SiteFile.writeToStream

Crash When Uploading - SiteFile.getBinaryContent called before SiteFile.writeToStream

JavaScript exception: Error calling selector function: [object error] after latest Adobe Muse software update.

This issue is mostly caused by custom HTML elements in your code.

JavaScript exception: Error calling selector function: [object error] after latest Adobe Muse softwa...

Muse 2015 update has broken my site: "MuseJSAssert: Error calling selector function:TypeError: jQuer...

Moving Object to another layer changes its position

See Moving object to another layer changes it position.

Error 400 when uploading through Business Catalyst

See these discussions:

Unable to publish site on BC After Muse update to 2015.2 - error 400

Typekit: Error 400 Font Not Available

Muse error- P has inconsistent number of children across breakpoints in text frame U199116 [was: Muse has encountered an error]

Ref: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2169886

Muse supports different text formatting per breakpoint, but the text content (the plain text) and structure (lists, paragraphs, links etc.) is expected to be consistent between breakpoints. The error indicates that somehow text content or structure for a breakpoint has gone out of sync.

Workaround (available in Adobe Muse CC 2015.2):

1. Open the "Edit > Spelling > User Dictionary" dialog
  2. Click the "Done" button with Shift+Command (Mac) or Shift+Ctrl (Win) keys held down. (This fixes the inconsistency, but breakpoint-specific text formatting may have been lost)
  3. Open the file MuseLog.txt from the Documents folder
  4. Looks for messages like "Fixed text model inconsistency in text frame with text ... on page ... at breakpoint(s) ..."
  5. Manually reapply custom text formatting for text frames/breakpoints specified in these log messages

Still facing issues?

If you tried the solutions, and they did not work for you, please get in touch with customer support http://adobe.ly/21iudtV

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will the issue with Muse 2015.2 be fixed. I receive a call from a client that needs a change; I make the change and hold my breath that the site will actually launch when I publish it. This is effecting my business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to catch the error that appears! Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 12.03.49 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jennifer,

Please create separate posts for your issues. That way we can have more focused discussions.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peran,

Thank you, however both of these comments pertain to the issue of a website not displaying in a web browser or as it is titled at the top of this forum "site does not appear as intended after publishin...".

The screen is white/blank. The message that I provided above is the error message that flashes very quickly on the screen.

I contacted Adobe Support last week, Thursday, Case # 0187916081; when a site I had been working on failed to appear after publishing in Business Catalyst from Adobe Muse. Yes, this was after I rolled into the latest update of Muse.

I contacted Support....and they retrieved and fixed the MUSE file for me, sent it back to me, and I launched and published the site with a successful within a browser.

The next day I had the same exact issue (a site after publishing did not appear in the browser, instead an empty white screen; without code to view, I should add).  I contacted Adobe Support again, Friday, Case #0187925547 ...this time I did not have time to send my muse file. The client was waiting for the change they requested; while they were waiting their website was down completely!... with only a white screen displaying for the URL.

I rolled back my Muse version to the previous version; opened an older copy of the file; made the change and published.

However, yesterday, I had to continue work for a site I had started while I had the latest version of Muse. Since it was created in the latest version, I could not convert it back to the previous version of Muse. So I have the old Muse on one one computer; and the latest version on my other computer.

I worked on the site in the latest version; saved as a different file name; published it to a test URL and the site appeared. I repeated this several times yesterday for one website because I am in the development phase of the website.

The site worked several times. Then late yesterday, after the last publish.... it stopped working. I renamed it several times and attempted to publish it. This did not make a difference. I changed the publishing URL several times; to a subdomain; to a new test domain. No success.

This is effecting my business. I have contacted support again this morning and my case number is 0187940842. I have also called support and she is going to touch base with the person that has my file now.

I cannot run my business like this. I am very frustrated, and cannot get a straight answer on when this will be resolved. I have been using Business Catalyst for 4 years now. And MUSE since BETA days, I have never seen something like this. I am very disappointed.

The websites that I have seen effected by this on my end:

• One of the sites had several 3rd party widgets
  • One of the sites does not have any 3rd party widgets
  • One of the sites has widgets and was publishing several successful rounds; and now does not work

This would lead me to believe it is not a 3rd party widget causing this glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I was able to get to your case notes. I will check with the person handling your case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2016 Jul 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the EXACT same issue. The white screen, some page work some don't the clear cache error....Please advise. I to have a client contacting me regarding their site status.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.... any answers out there????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have near the same problem. If minimal schanges, I get the error message you can see the screenshot of Trees Studios above.

After you click OK the side is OK. But it's very disappointing that the side is sending a error message, perhaps only because muse don't accept a changed version of an file.

Is there a possibility to deactivate the error messages? It make no sense such kind of messages at working pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue after updating to 2015.2. After my site is published users only see blank/white pages when visiting. Sometimes pages will load after refreshing a number of times. I have had to roll back to a previous version of Muse and rebuild my site from an earlier saved .muse file.

There is definitely a problem with this most recent release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue too!!! HELP!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solution now?

"Sommige bestanden op de server ontbreken of zijn beschadigd. Wis de cache van de browser en probeer het opnieuw. Als het probleem zich blijft voordoen, kunt u het beste contact opnemen met de auteur van de website."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the time when you get that message is because you had files that were not uploaded to server when you updated server. Many people use the Upload to FTP Host within Muse, however this does not always upload every file correctly and tries to just upload changed or newer files. However, server time stamps and file sizes vary too much and many times this does not work properly.

I have used the built-in upload to ftp from Muse and always had issues like that and that same error message, but with what I suggest below I never get that anymore.

I suggest when you upload to a server that you Export to HTML Files and use a FTP program such as FileZilla and when you upload to server that you Upload All files choosing to overwrite All existing files. If you do this you will most likely not have this issue again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export to HTML is less problematic, however according to Adobe, InBrowser editing will not work with this method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any solution to this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is unfortunate that this update to MUSE has so many ‘error issue work-a rounds’ offered right out of the box.  Today MUSE 2015.2 took a perfectly good mobile menu on a client site, one that has worked as it should since January; and broke it.  To fix the problem I had to stop work, remove MUSE 2015.2 then reinstall the previous version to repair the matter. 

Keep in mind this was my first use of the new version.  As with ‘8 trees’ I have been with MUSE since the weed strewn beta days.  Thankfully my client did not see the missing mobile menu during the time it took to deal with MUSE 2015.2, amen!

Jeffery

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday afternoon, support saw that my site was not working in their own browser..... I sent them my muse file.... Per their request. They said they would get in touch with me on how to fix it.

Their email came in and stated, "it is working here. See this link." I went to the link and could see my site. No other information was provided.

I responded... inquiring .....how does that help me? Their next response asked for my phone number. I have yet to hear from anyone.

Needless to say I am very disappointed in this situation. I will NEVER upgrade to the newest MUSE update again. I will run the current versions until it permits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble with my fonts they seem to be rendering very poorly, & looking blurry. When I'm creating the text I need within the system they look fine but once I preview them in browser is when they render poorly. I recently upgraded to new muse cc software and still received the same results

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just spent the equivalent of 1 full month building a responsive site using 2015.1. The majority of that time is spent working around bugs or redoing things over and over again because elements on a page move for no reason, break or are so unreliable they are just so difficult and buggy to implement they verge on the impossible.

Prior to the responsive option my customers were very satisfied and referrals to my business had grown exponentially. Things were going great. Then I updated to Muse 2015.1.

Unfortunately I have found the responsive version/s of Muse do not qualify it to be used in a professional environment. I tested Muse in its beta form, I waited for the release and after first installing I had to roll back to a previous version. Eventually I moved forward and started experimenting with Muse's responsive features.

I watched videos and tutorials from the 'experts', I tested features and workflows and built templates and regularly used components over the period of about 3 months. Things looked like they were going to be okay, however in a real-word environment the workflow has been so cumbersome and incredibly complicated, there's a multitude of bugs and anomalies, the workflow has dramatically and decreased.

Here are just some examples of my troubles:

• Muse is s slow on my brand new Mac Book Pro 15" 16mb ram 500SSD HD etc that it is at times unusable. Muse tech support contacted me about this issue but I never heard from them again.
  • Scrubbing between breakpoints does not work.
  • Using a Composition Widget in Muse pretty much means I have to make one for each breakpoint. Workload increase by 3, multiply that by a few changes, well you can do the math.
  • Items on a page randomly move without explanation.
  • Pictures resize themselves right before my eyes. I resize them back, delete and reimport, same things happens over and over again.
  • Things that I do one day ore not there the next. Redo, save constantly, upload and test multiple times. Next day customer says why didn't you do .... Next day repeat same things over again. Then I have to deal with the amount of time it takes to upload to ftp.
  • Uploading to business catalyst time has at least tripled.
  • Average upload times to ftp server are 40 minutes or more, at least once a day Muse crashes during upload to ftp, taking half the site down. Yesterday I had to upload a site 5 times to get it to work . It took 6 hours of un-billable time. And one incredibly unhappy customer.
  • Workflow logic for responsive means I will need to triple my prices to build a site with 3 breakpoints.
  • I have reinstalled Muse multiple times. No improvements observed.

My customer has no faith in my abilities now and I am spending most of my day fixing problems with my web sites, not building new ones. My waiting customers are getting sick of waiting. I can't guarantee when I can start their site, nor can I guarantee I can finish it in any given time.

In short, Adobe has released a version of Muse way before it is ready. The 2015.2 update does not address half of the problems that needed fixing from 2015.1 and now introduces more problems. Many of these problems are catastrophic to my workflow, client relationships and income. The proposition of updating to 2015.2 is like considering financial suicide. Basically, for me, Muse has become web design hell. I'm losing so much money and customer confidence I am now considering Wordpress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reading your post is as if I wrote it, I have had most every issue you have had. The new breakpoints in theory seemed like a great alternative to true responsive design, but in short they add, like you stated, three times the work load or more if you are building a "real-world" website. It is doable for a small 1-2 page site, but a realistic site with 15-20 pages and a lot of content, almost impossible.

I know many people have taken the "start with mobile and work up" approach, but in the real world you cannot always do that. I have clients that want to see the desktop version first. However in Muse when you do that and switch to a lower breakpoint, Muse decides to just stack everything in one nice spot making a total mess of the layout and trying to get everythjing in place is worse than creating from scratch.

The work around for this is to copy text and content locations/sizes from the larger breakpoint down to the next breakpoint, in Windows it is an option if you right click the page you are on and you have to do text, then content separate.

I am not sure everyone knows this, as Adobe hid the options in menus, but you can still design the three separate layouts, Desktop, Tablet & Mobile. You can go to the Page Menu > Add Alternative Layout and from there you can create sites the way Muse was before.

I have three sites I am working on right now and I so so badly want breakpoints to work, but the massive amount of time I am putting into these sites I am at a point to just scap the breakpoints and build the three seperate layouts. I am just sick of everything constantly randomly moving and resizing between breakpoints after I have it all set within that breakpoint, AND YES, I know Muse and know there are new text settings for global changes and local page changes. I am sure anyone who attempts a larger site with breakpoints with actual content knows all we are talking about.

I still love Muse, but I am scapping any new sites with breakpoints and reverting back to the three old layouts, I know it is copying the content three times, and changing three areas when client needs to add/remove content, but damn, I can get that done in a fraction of the time it takes with the breakpoints. Breakpoints may work when you have very minimal content and a few images and thats it, but in the real world of websites that need to work for a business have actual content and many pages.

Also, the upload to FTP server is not the best option, too buggy, I find the easiest and least buggy way is Export to HTML and use FileZilla to upload to server, 10x faster. I can upload a 20 page site with 1200 files in 2-3 minutes or less. Also when I upload to server I overwrite "all content" everytime I update a site, never trust "only upload changed or newer files" too many bugs between server dates/sizes and what Muse exports, this is why many get the server errors such as "some files on the server are missing...etc" When you get that message you need to upload everything and overwrite everything, this will fix.

Anyways, like amny I have been using Muse since its conception so I could go on forver with the bugs, which you get with any software, and most can be overcome with workarounds, however, breakpoints.... well imho they are useless for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't agree more! Muse 2015.1 was a responsive nightmare. After numerous times on chat with support, with issues of items moving randomly around, I managed to get everything working more or less (less, depending on your browser width).

While in the middle of an 18 page site (now with 3 versions of each page adjusting for breakpoints), Muse released the new version 2015.2  I updated hoping some bugs were fixed - enter TRUE web design hell. I have spent about 40 hours of the last week - all unbillable, of course - trying to deal with pages not appearing at all in my browser.

Plain as day, Adobe Muse says "Embed HTML files" in your website. Guess what! Not possible in 2015.2

I also am losing customer confidence, alienating clients who are waiting for me to start their projects, alienating the client whose website doesn't deliver what I promised with certainty, and putting me into a level of stress that I really don't need.

Come on, Adobe. We pay you good money EVERY MONTH, YEAR AFTER YEAR, for products that we (used to) love and are now disfunctional. Please make fixing these problems you TOP priority, before we start looking for better alternatives (Wordpress?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Embed HTML files is not possible? What error msg do you get. Have you been able to fix this? And if so, how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Update to the latest version of Muse that was released on June 20, 2016.  To check for the new update, click the gear icon in your Creative Cloud desktop app, and select Check for app updates. After the installation is complete, open Muse, and select Help > About. The version number should be 2015.2.1.21. Most of the bugs reported in 2015.2 have been fixed in this update. However, if this is an issue with your widget being incompatible with 2015.2, contact your widget developer to upgrade the widget to be compatible with the latest Muse version.

Let us know if you are still having issues.  I suggest creating a separate post for  specific issues so that more people can jump in and respond to you.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this with developer tools. Any suggestions?? I have erased all third party widgets ( muse-themes ) and it still does not work.!!!

Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 9.11.23 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same bugs with new version.

Now the question is : how open project with old version if I saved it with last one?

2 days lost with this issue......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines