Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.


Unable to Sync page after In Browser Editing

Participant ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a single page in a site that will not sync locally after the client makes a change. I get the same error each time. "The web edition of this site cannot be opened in Muse because the HTML has been edited outside of Muse."

All other pages on the site have no problems updating and syncing. The page is using same template as all the other pages which do not have any problem. The page is relatively simple and I've tried building the page from scratch and adding elements one at a time to see if there is a problem with one of the text blocks but no one element seems to cause the problem.

This is incredibly frustrating because I don't know exactly what is changing in the code that is causing Muse to freak out over this one page. Has anyone experienced this issue? Even better, has anyone been able to resolve this issue.

Views

209

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017
I had the same problem with a single page. I removed the text field and rebuilt it in a new text field with new links to documents. In the process I found I had inadvertently created two anchors with the same name on the old page. No clue if deleting one of those anchors or just creating a new text box solved it, but now works fine. There were a few references to replacing a  "corrupt" text box throughout the many, many discussions I wandered through looking for an answer.

Likes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem with a single page. I removed the text field and rebuilt it in a new text field with new links to documents. In the process I found I had inadvertently created two anchors with the same name on the old page. No clue if deleting one of those anchors or just creating a new text box solved it, but now works fine. There were a few references to replacing a  "corrupt" text box throughout the many, many discussions I wandered through looking for an answer.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines