• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unvanted space when resizing page in muse

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I started making my site years ago and was nearly done when the mobile part got me stuck, now I finally finished it. I know Muse is dead but its what i know and it works for me, I don't have the time or resources to learn a new program and start all over, unfortunately.

I am having problems with exstra space after the first picture when i resize the browser to mobile size, it looks fine on some phones but on smaller ones the gap is there. I am running v. 2018.1. and the extra space problems should be fixed?

You can see the problem when you resize the browser to mobile size.

The Photographer name is pinned left and the sandwich menu is pinned right.

My website 

I've been messing with it for days and can't get it to not do the extra space after the first picture, I hope someone has a sollution for this. Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like you have kind of grouped some images but not all? To inspect deeper and more reliable start with a screenshot from design view on your mobile breakpoint. Let's see, if we/I cann see anything better than that. It might be necessary to get a .muse just reduced to that one page but let's start with the screenshots first. This fluid width behaviour of elements was an issue sometimes and needed some precise settings but as this is now more than two years for me as well …

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Uwe

Thank you for replying.

It doesn't seam like I have them grouped, but you might be able to spot something else. I have the same problem in the beginning of each gallery.

Follow-up question: When resizing the page, the picture titles also break to new lines in weird ways, is there a way to just make the text smaller instead when you resize?

Thank you for your help so far, I really appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a way to just make the text smaller when you resize?

By @Peter31375417v6rg

===========

Indeed there is.  And it's very simple.  Sadly however, it won't work in a code generator like Muse.  You would need to switch to an actual code editor like Dreamweaver or Visual Studio Code. 

The text scaling method below uses CSS font-sizes expressed in relative values— Viewport Units and Ems rather than explicit Pixel units.  This combined with CSS Calc allows all the 'magic' to happen.   No special scripts or widgets required.

Hope that answers your question. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in theory I should be able to paste this code into the html file that muse creates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In theory, yes.  However, you'll need to target the specific selectors that hold your text or it won't work.  

And you can never use Muse again.  If you do, it will overwrite your manual code changes. 

All of these issues could be avoided entirely if you rebuilt your site responsively with Bootstrap. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have set your breakpoint to fluid width instead of fixed width and set your image frames to be responsive in width and height (nothing else should be possible here) then the distance between the images keeps the same ratio. I can only think of, that you did something else like an image frame (a box, filled with an image?) but anyway – all the assuming does not really help, please reduce your site to just one page with your gallery, "save it as" a new name and new file, and share this here in CC or similar sharing possibilities and we (I) will have a look but, really - and you must know, that I love muse and hate that it is EOL, I cannot recommend to use it. From my experience it is not so much a browser problem but an OS problem. Most users, upgrading their OS got some issues at least the ones who posted here.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

The breakpoints and images are set as you write, I have dragged and dropped the pictures onto the page without creating any borders.

I wanted people to be able to zoom in fully on the image files even on the mobile breakpoints, so the 2 other image files muse created for the 2 smaller breakpoints called for example

0164_norway_reflection189x283 and reflection371x556 I replaced with full image files with the same name, but if that should cause a problem then shouldn't it be on all the pictures?

I will send you the link to the files in a private message if that is possible, I am not comfortable with anyone having accesss to it.

I understand you feelings and advice regarding muse, but I struggled so long to get it up and now I don't want to have to rebuild it all and start all over. Maybe in some years.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, do so. Fro, my guessing, this drag and drop might cause issues. I think it is better to either create a gallery as desired or use picture frames and fill them, but … let's see, what you send to me and I will have a closer look.

So in theory I should be able to paste this code into the html file that muse creates?

This will not work at all since Muse was never done for this kind of work, you would not have any control afterwards, to name just one issue  - Nancy insists in showing her coding skills but probably never did anything in Muse, so …

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteNancy insists in showing her coding skills but probably never did anything in Muse, so …

===========

That's untrue.  But I knew how to work with code and code generators that predated Muse. So I came in with my eyes wide open.  

Prototyping in Muse is one thing.  But using it for production sites is quite another. 🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent you the file Uwe.

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you send it to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent it as a private message here on the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you had time to look at the file Uwe =)?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I had a chance to look at but unfortunately didn't find it quickly as expected. Give me one more day, please :-))

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, much appreciated 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very nice photography BTW 🙂

Muse has no future.  My advice is to use Adobe Portfolio.  It's ideal for this. 

Portfolio is free with your paid Creative Cloud Plan (includes hosting).  And best of all, Portfolio integrates with Lightroom, Adobe Stock Collections and Behance which makes it super convenient for photographers.

Portfolio is responsive & simple to use from your browser.  No coding, no guesswork.   You can have a new portfolio  up & running in 30 minutes or less.  Try it.  You've got nothing to lose.

- https://portfolio.adobe.com

- FAQ & Knowledgebase - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/
- For Technical Questions: Portfolio Support - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Portfolio doesn't seem to allow the page setup I want, only thumbnails which i hate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Portfolio allows only thumbnails which i hate.

By @Peter31375417v6rg

==========

Untrue.  PhotoGrid is optional.  Cover images link to individual project pages where you may insert full scale images or videos as desired. 

Each Theme has different options.  There are 12 Portfolio Themes to choose from.

Don't knock Portfolio until you've actually tried it and can make an informed decision. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines