Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

using Adobe muse

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I have been building a website on Muse for the past month or so ( i'm halfway through) and I was wondering if I can continue using it until the end or switch to another Adobe application ( knowing that Muse is no longer updated by Adobe ) 

will it be possible to publish and host it when I'm done or do I have to rebuild another one on XD for example

Thanks !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you have a paid Creative Cloud All Apps plan, you may continue to use Muse.  But it is not being updated or supported.  Use at your own risk.

XD is NOT a replacement for Muse.  It's a prototyping tool only.  XD does not generate usable website code.  You must hand off your prototype to a skilled developer or manually code it yourself in HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

You could export your Muse project to HTML and open it in Dreamweaver or Pinegrow but that's hit and miss. 

It's probably best to find new software or an online DIY site builder (Squarespace, Webflow, Wix, WordPress) and start fresh.

If this site is for personal use, Adobe Portfolio is free with a paid Creative Cloud plan and might be all you need.

https://portfolio.adobe.com/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nancy for your reply

to me Adobe portfolio is pretty limited and doesn't satisfy my needs

I'm a loyal Adobe user and a Creative Cloud member, are there any other option to publish the work i've done without translating it to HTML & CSS ?

thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean, is there any other Creative Cloud App that can be used to develop my website and publish it besides Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is about your website only, did you have a look at spark?https://spark.adobe.com/de-DE/ for Germany - might be different in your country:  https://spark.adobe.com

Muse however, has nothing in common with Spark or any other websitebuilder. If it is only one website, your website, I recommend to finish the website in Muse, this avoids you from bgetting depressed when you want to finish the site in amy other websitebuilder wether it is from Adobe or not. Muse was unique - there´s nothing like it.

Depending on your OS, search for "blocs for mac", webflow, without code but be aware that all of these will also have some learning curve and need to be purchased although some of them provide a free plan as well, depending on what you need.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No.  I don't know of any application (from Adobe or competing companies) that can open MU files except Muse. 

Exporting to HTML is the only way you can sort of keep using the work you've done so far in a code editor.   And it's a one-way trip.  After exporting, you can't re-import back to Muse.

IMO, a far better use of time would be spent learning to build sites with the latest web technologies:  HTML, CSS Flexbox & Grids.   Knowing how to work with code opens up endless possibilities. You're limited only by your imagination and coding skills, not the tools you use.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines