• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Muse to create a Showcase with filters/search (eCommerce?)

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Muse and am trying to get the best workflow before diving into this project.

I want to showcase 300+ collector magazines. I would like the ability to view these by alphabetical or by year. Is this possible?

Furthermore, is it possible to use a filter that would allow me to view the magazines from a specific category (i.e. year or title).

The idea is to click on an item and it will take you to a product page, but will not include a buy button or shopping cart. Strictly for viewing and information.

From what I have gathered, an eCommerce like Woocommerce might be a good option.

A few questions:

• Does eCommerce allow me showcase items without building a buy button/shopping cart.

• Do I have to showcase all the magazines on one page or can I break the page to 25 listings per page. How is this achieved?

I am considering going with musegain.com and using the Woocommerce plug-in. But definitely open to any  solutions, as this is all new to me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Would something like this widget be useful to you? https://musewidgets.com/collections/widgets/products/pro-efluid-gallery-widget

Also check out some of the other widgets on this site.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot build any of this natively in Muse. this will indeed require a dynamic backend. Whether or not this has to be Woocommerce is an open question. The plug-in being built on Wordpress and you not being interested in actually having a shop you might just as well go the direct route - sign up to Wordpress.com, pick and customize a theme, upload your images. It really makes no sense to even bother with Muse at all when there's a free solution to be had that involves no work at all. Same for other pre-hosted services like Wix and so on that all offer free plans or affordable monthly plans with extended options. that also takes care of your other questions - clicking on an item in Wordpress terms is simply openeing a single-post page and pagination options (numbers of posts per page) are determined by your preferences in combination with the theme options. The only real caveat here is that your desire to order the items based on custom criteria may require to find a service that allows installing WP plug-ins for indexing and custom searches, since a vanilla WP will only allow so much and the default order is based on the post date...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would something like this widget be useful to you? https://musewidgets.com/collections/widgets/products/pro-efluid-gallery-widget

Also check out some of the other widgets on this site.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines