• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's sad about the last Muse update

Participant ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sad thing about the last Muse update is showing us how bad and unreliable the software is becoming.

I spend a whole day updating several web sites, to figure out in the end that the update broke it completely. A whole day of work lost. Today I'm going back to the previous version and I'm going to redo all the work I did yesterday. I'm lucky that I have previous versions of all my projects.

Working with Muse in my client's websites requires a certain level of trust. How do I know if the next update will broke dozens of projects developed? That's the thing: I don't know. Reading the complaints here in the forum it's just sad and to watch the Adobe staff asking for details about the responsive placement bug looks like Adobe didn't do their homework - to beta test the update BEFORE release.

When my CC app pop-up the last update I was SURE that was going to help me. It did the other way around and I lost a whole day of work.

So, dear Adobe, please, take care of your paying costumers. We are definitely not your beta testers. Please envolve from this and learn. Update MUST BE extensively tested BEFORE you lunch it. That's why you have a beta testing program. Jezz, how many guys do you have there? Two or three?

Adobe software is used by professionals and we can't be interrupted just because you launched a broken update. You have to be more connected with your costumers, listen more and be aware of you responsibility as a software company. Projects, clients, businesses are ate stake here. And that's not the first time it happens. It happened before in the last update with Adobe Illustrator.

Take action! 1. Pull out the last update. There are tons of people breaking their web sites with the last update. 2. State an apology for your costumers. Show your concern and that your are listening. 3. Show that your team is working on the bug around the clock. Give us ETA for the next fix.

Adobe, please, you guys have to take the next step and evolve from this. I work with you for almost 20 years, and this is an embarrassment for the Adobe history.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All

Many apologies for all the trouble caused.

This break was very unexpected even for us and really embaressing.

However, We have done a little research on this issue and it is observed that the customers who have a header designed for the master page and it has an element  (rectangle in our cases ) that is pinned to top and resize property set to “Stretch to browser width”, are facing this issue.

Our team has tried to make a fix via a .mulib file for "objects shifting vertically" in the latest update.

Steps to install :

-    Download the .mulib file from the shared link - https://adobe.ly/2vjkLuZ

-    Double click the .mulib file ( This would add the .mulib in library)

-    Open Master or Child(wherever the issue is seen)

-    Insert the Vertical shift .mullib in page(anywhere)

-    Preview the page where vertical shift was a problem

Please validate if it resolved the issue so we can document it.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ankush, thank you for your answer.

That's good to hear something from Adobe.

I would love to provide some help solving this bug, but right now I just had time to install the previous version of Muse and keep working updating my projects. I'm sorry about that.

I just hope you guys can find a solution and launch an update asap.

Thanks again for your help. My bets regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed the layout issue, but any links within that area do not work (top area of body).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey mhdepotmi,

You can try placing the links on a top most layer, and see if it works.

Of you have only one single layer, then I should create a new layer and put it on the top of all other layers, now place teh links into that layer.

Let me know if this works.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried links on top layer, but still not work... any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also noticed layers are not working properly on mobile layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please confirm if your issue is anywhere similar to the one going here - Hyperlinks not working in Muse 2017.1 update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried adding that mulib file and my hamburger menu still jumps way too far to the left each time the page sizes down on each breakpoint.

At this point, it would be great to just revert the site to what it was before I updated it, but it looks like there's no way to revert my version of Muse back to where it doesn't convert my muse files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use this link to install a previous version of Adobe Muse Download and install Creative Cloud apps

We apologize for your frustration. The team is investigating all issues in this update, and we expect an update as soon as the fixes are ready.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went back to last version, ok, but can't open file (been converted). Says I need to update to latest version. I guess I should have made a back-up copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Amit suggested, can you upload your files to a sharing site such as drop box and share the URL with Amit?

To send a private message to Amit, click his picture and use the Message button. The team can try to see if they can make your files workable.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran, I sent him the dropbox link. I'll send it to you just now, basically when uploading or exporting it stops around 21% I think it may be conflicting with one of the widgets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ricco,

Not sure why I received your above post, but thought I would let you know in case you sent it to me in error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankush,

I posted a message on the 31st when I discovered that the latest update of Muse wreaked havoc with my nearly-ready website. My problem was primarily that my footer background was appearing roughly mid-page on all of my main site pages. I tried the mulib file as recommended, but it didn't work. I finally fixed the problem by deleting the original footer background and creating a new one. Once that was in place on my master page, everything worked properly again. Maybe the new version of Muse didn't recognize the position information, I don't know but I'm happy that it's working now.

I noticed that Muse no longer allows page length adjustment directly on the page. The small blue arrows that used to appear on the left edge of the screen, defining the page length and footer size are no longer there (at least on my installation). I found that the only way I could adjust page length now is to use Page Properties, and that works very precisely. Please let me know if that is a changed feature in  the new version (2017.1.0.821), so I'll know if my installation is correct. Thanks, RM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi R K Murphy​,

https://forums.adobe.com/people/R+K+Murphy  schrieb

I noticed that Muse no longer allows page length adjustment directly on the page. The small blue arrows that used to appear on the left edge of the screen, defining the page length and footer size are no longer there (at least on my installation). I found that the only way I could adjust page length now is to use Page Properties, and that works very precisely. Please let me know if that is a changed feature in  the new version (2017.1.0.821), so I'll know if my installation is correct. Thanks, RM

Do we talk about these blue arrows? They should be still there, I guess. Maybe it depends on screenresolution/enlargement of page (CMD+0 / CMD+1 / …)?

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-05 um 09.03.23.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-05 um 09.06.45.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

The arrows were there before the update, but now they are not. If I am on the master page and select the footer background, the arrows appear on the upper guide but not the lower. In the View menu I have Show Guides, Smart Guides and Show Rulers turned on.

I don't know what else to try, but I'm not too worried about it because, as I said in my earlier post, I am able to precisely set page length using the Page Properties menu.

Thanks,

RM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please do the following:

Make sure, that your issue is there in a newly created document.

If yes, could you please give us this blank .muse file, by using Dropbox or CC Files, just as described here: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gunter,

I just opened a new file and the blue arrows are where they should be in both header and footer. I guess my file that was created in an earlier version just didn't update correctly. Any files I create in the future should be correct.

Thanks,

RM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to View > Show Header and Footer.

CJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought of this too, SoulTen​, but the user writes „… the arrows appear on the upper guide but not on the lower“. This doesn’t happen, if header and footer are hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps this helps: Go to menu „View“ and choose „Show Rulers“ and „Show Guides“.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Widget didn't fix anything. This is insane. Projects with full width rectangles cause the issue. So basically every web site ever?

When is this getting fixed. I'm done with muse after the current project I'm working on is complete. You've totally screwed me for the last time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only affected my full width footer background. I was able to fix my problem by deleting the original background and creating a new one. Since it was a footer background, I only had to do this once: on the master page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it seems to be shifting a header image and then offsetting tons of things on the page as well.

So deleting and replacing the shifted header image will correct the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines