• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will my site have issues?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been very hesitant to do the update to 2017.1. My site is not a responsive site, I have not wanted to do that because of all of the issues the majority of people have with responsive sites and muse. I have some 3rd party widgets but not many. Should I be okay to update to the 2017 version, or should I just wait?  I would also like to give my site a refresh and make it a responsive site, but I'm still hesitant...

Thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

As long as you keep your original versioning use only a copy with a renamed new file I encourage you to try the latest version.

It´s good to get as many bugs as possible.

You could go always back to the former version of muse, using the CC panel.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stay with the version you have and be patient for the upcoming update.

Which version do you use currently? Stay with it. You could do a responsive design with former versions as well.

Responsive doesn`t has to be with fluid width breakpoints for example. You could go easily and much more stable with fixed width breakpoints until 768 and use fluid width breakpoints with the minimum width of 320 and you´re pretty much done.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback! I am using 2017.0. I have gotten in the habit of when a new muse update comes out, I make sure that I am fully backed up and I usually wait a good week or so before downloading the new version, depending on the backlash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you keep your original versioning use only a copy with a renamed new file I encourage you to try the latest version.

It´s good to get as many bugs as possible.

You could go always back to the former version of muse, using the CC panel.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like you I have been hesitant to go fully responsive with breakpoints; I experimented with a few templates (Muse-themes templates) that were set up with breakpoints and started to get the hang of it. It's just getting used to what happens when you re size elements, where they move (and where you pin them) and turning elements on and off (what menu to show for instance) in certain breakpoints. It takes time but does get easier...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds great to me.

If you need any help, especially with the templates (they might be good for learning purposes but could get tricky, once you go for a job), let us know.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines