• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 questions, white space and page orientation.

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am new to Muse and creating websites, so I am no expert. I'd like to learn and get better at web design and understand the process more though. I am trying to finish a website for myself, however I have some questions. On one of my pages there is a huge white space beneath the header of my page that shows on the test site. What could be the problem?

Also, my mobile and tablet layouts are finished, the verticle design looks fine, but when the phone or tablet is turned horizontally, the design stays towards the left side of the site. Do I need to adjust the sizes of the phone and tablet pages to a wider length and redesign the pages to fit the horizontal version? Or is there a quicker and less time consuming option?

Here's the link to my test site

IM Shop

The white space only seems to show on the mobile version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Obviously, you have an adaptive (different sites for desktop, tablet, phone) and not a responsive site.

If your site would be responsive, your intention should be easily to achieve: Layout your pages as you like, and when your design doesn’t fit to the screen width any more, create a breakpoint and modify your layout.

Even, if you like to continue working with your adaptive layouts, you can make each layout responsive, by converting the defined page width to a responsive breakpoint and make the el

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, you are dealing with elements, which are placed outside or overlap the breakpoint boundaries.

Please have a close look at this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8953

I you can’t find the issue after reading this, share your .muse file with us using Dropbox, CC Files or a similar file sharing service – just as suggested in the last paragraph of the linked thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! The widget placed on the master page was causing the issue.

I've been searching the forum trying to figure out how to make the tablet and phone layout responsive, in which the design remains normal, or fits the screen properly, despite the device being turned vertically or horizontally. Does any9ne have a solution for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously, you have an adaptive (different sites for desktop, tablet, phone) and not a responsive site.

If your site would be responsive, your intention should be easily to achieve: Layout your pages as you like, and when your design doesn’t fit to the screen width any more, create a breakpoint and modify your layout.

Even, if you like to continue working with your adaptive layouts, you can make each layout responsive, by converting the defined page width to a responsive breakpoint and make the elements responsive.

To show the breakpoint bar, use menu „Page/Show Breakpoints“)

There is no way to automatically make an adaptive page responsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, figured as much. Thank you, I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines