Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2017.1 crashes on copy paste, hangs on checking for site updates before publish

Engaged ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was happy to see the update tonight but I have had several crashes copy / pasting text in from Google translate. I have four languages with a page for each translation.

I resorted to copy / pasting the whole block (background and text frame) from within Muse itself, i.e. copying the UK 'block' into the other pages rather than overwriting the text itself.

Each time I pasted the text, Muse would freeze requiring a force restart.

Past this, I am unable to upload to FTP using Muse as it hangs on checking site for changes regardless of whether I choose to upload all or modified files.

I have a large site file and experience flakiness here and there but currently am unable to upload changes to the site at all.

Any thoughts or solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact I can't really quite Muse without force quitting and restarting. I am going to try uninstalling and re-installing from new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No change, unfortunately, uploading to HTML also hangs at 20%, so at the moment I am unable to make changes or publish any revised version of the client site 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off IBE in one site has helped prompt the upload (and turning it back on again, and re-uploading) but the main site I am having problems with is hanging again at 13% upload progress.

I used to get this hating at 11% unless i restarted and only had Muse open, however this workaround is currently not working with 2017.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for your frustration. Can you send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number along with a URL to this post. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. I will raise a support case for investigation.

For quick help, you can contact the support team directly using this link. Contact Customer Care

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Studio96,

have you got any call back from the support team and got the issue fixed?

If no, would you mind sharing your .muse file with me?

For sharing the muse file you can upload it to Dropbox or WeTransfer and send it across to me in a private message.

A private message can be done by clicking on my username and choosing "'message" option.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

Thanks for the reply, I have not had a call I'm afraid.

I sent the link to the public file in Creative Cloud by reply to your email yesterday.

I will DM the link again to you now.

Thanks,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thanks, I got your file. will be going through it shortly.

Appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Andrew,

I have tried all sort of copy, cut and  paste in your file both internally and externally but it works the same way and didn't freeze on me.

Initially I observer a bit Lag, at this moment I suggest you to just hold wait a bit till it performs the action this way you can avoid crash.

Gradually while working once the process are cached in the systems memory, it will start performing well.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

Really appreciate your time, thank you.

Did you try copying and pasting from google translate into the yellow text box on the german and dutch Kingsdown Park pages, desktop and mobile? I experienced lots of issues here.

Were you also able to replicate and upload to an FTP without it hanging?

Thank you,

andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

Can you please share a screenshot where the hang is happening while uploading.

Regards,

Akshay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its at 13%!just when the optimising assets finishes and the html export begins.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Plus i find the only way that it will usually ftp is by restarting the Mac and only having Muse open immediately after restarting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines